Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ls1 VS Ls2 GTO

Ls1 VS Ls2 GTO

Well, im about to buy a goat. ive been wanting a yellow one like the 1 my dad had with black stripes. My predicament is though, i want a smaller payment and i can pick up an 04 6 speed yellow for 14,995 with 33k miles. Should i wait for an Ls2 and just take on a bigger payment? what mods should i do to the Ls1 to be as Fast as an Ls2? thanks

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

get the LS-2, I'll bet if you shop around you could find one for a good deal. Although the mentioned 04 seems like a really low price, you may want to really look over a 04 GTO for $15K, they don't sell for less than $19K around here. As far as making a LS1 as fast as a stock LS-2, it's not too hard. Just throw on some LTs and install a cam, A STOCK LS-2 should be seeing your tail lights.
    2006 impulse blue G.T.O
    Iron Block 408
    Cam
    Pacesetter ceramic coated L.T.s
    LMII exhaust
    K&N CAI
    Ported TB
    Custom Tune
    FAST 90
    ZEX 125hp wet shot

My dad had an ls1 gto and then he got an ls2.. i dont really remember the ls1 though.. i can drive over and get the ls1 in 2 hours though and its very hard to fnd a good deal on a yellow ls2. let alone near me.. my price range is about 19k so im not sure if i even could find 1 with low miles. thanks for the help though and keep the suggestions coming

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Stock for stock the LS2 is a bit more torque and that is what wins races. As stated above...the LS1 is real easy to modify and for on the cheap you can mod a LS1 to eat LS2's easy.....for that matter a guy can mod a LT1 to eat a LS1 or 2
    What you need to focus on is the entry point cost. Just get a GTO and go from there. LS1 or LS2. Find one in good shape. Either one.

Thanks sarge,, quick question.. do you know where i can find the 05-06 hood for an 04? also what all has to be done to the back end to make it look the same? thanks

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by blk-ws6 View Post
    Thanks sarge,, quick question.. do you know where i can find the 05-06 hood for an 04? also what all has to be done to the back end to make it look the same? thanks
    you should be able to find an 05-06 hoods for sale if you do a search online or there are lots of companies that offer several aftermarket hoods too.
    for the back end a cat-back for an 05-06 will bolt up to give you exhaust exits on both sides, bumpers swap right out. there are a few (3) I think plastic panels that have to be removed/ modified under the trunk pan.
    happy modding man!

PBM
    06 LS2 GTO

I would just get a LS2 one because you will already be quick and once you get a set of kooks or arh you will be pretty quick.

PBM
    06 LS2 GTO

And are you getting a M6 or A4. The A4 for ets at the track and M6 for a great dd.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I have a Banshee Hood...lighter weight and functional
    http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GT1234/GTEXT/...+Air+Hood.html

You can convert to the 05 butt pretty easy....\
    http://www.highperformancepontiac.co...ust/index.html
    Last edited by Sarge; 06-30-2008 at 09:19 AM.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

get the LS2! hood and twin tip exhaust alone should be convincing enough. You know if you get an ls1 you'll want the hood and will do the rear conversion-so you'll end up spending the money and aggrevation on something the ls2 would have allready came with.

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

I got my hood from mpd.inc Eric is the Owner, I like it, its functional as well, for there are some +'s 2 the 05-06 gto of course, like faster seats, and mentioned above, also the half-shafts and axle stubs are a bit stronger....either 1 is a good car...you can make anything fast...just takes $$.
    Brad
    '04 gto M6 slp ceramic coated headers,B&m sport shifter,harrop cover,3.5"aluminum BMR driveshaft, BMR axle stubs, BMR Half shafts, BMR SFC's, loudmouth2 exaust,90mm FAST T/B,Magancharger(high helix upgrade)......other misc. suspension,Cross drilled, slotted rotors. Meth Kit, spraying @ 3psi and up

I know about M6 being better for street and A4 for track.. I just pulled the trigger on a yellow 04 M6 gto. Got them down to 15,495 and they will tint it for free and shade i want, and they are giving me a full tank of gas and detailing the car for me. I should hopefully pick it up tommorow. Thanks guys.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...000&cardist=24

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

I know about M6 being better for street and A4 for track.. I just pulled the trigger on a yellow 04 M6 gto. Got them down to 15,495 and they will tint it for free and shade i want, and they are giving me a full tank of gas and detailing the car for me. I should hopefully pick it up tommorow. Thanks guys.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...000&cardist=24
    Nice car, congrats man...like I said www.mpd-inc.net I believe thats his web addy...or the Banshee hood that Sarge has is nice 2...Good luck on your new ride and if you need any suggestions feel free 2 ask
    Brad
    Last edited by superchargedblackgto; 07-02-2008 at 01:02 AM.

Thanks, im so glad to have a goat back in the family, after me killing my dads yellow 04 and him trading in his 06 on a caddy.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    get the LS2! hood and twin tip exhaust alone should be convincing enough. You know if you get an ls1 you'll want the hood and will do the rear conversion-so you'll end up spending the money and aggrevation on something the ls2 would have allready came with.
    lol am I the only one out there that likes the smooth 04 hood better than the 05-06 hood?

Black
    03 Cobra

Get the LS2, my cousin has a 06 GTOand that thing gets up! it made 347/347 on dyno with a K&N CAI and spintech catback and sound real good

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

LS2 Car

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    lol am I the only one out there that likes the smooth 04 hood better than the 05-06 hood?
    Mark I think so! LOL

Anyways I would also highly recommend you get a LS2 car. These cars are by NO means light and as the saying goes THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR CUBIC INCHES!!

I feel that the 05/06 cars look much better not to mention perform better. As priorly stated you are going to spend money on mods to make the 04 look like the 05/06 cars not to mention you'll need to spend money to also make it perform like a LS2 car also. So spend the money from the get go. My best suggestion is to widen you search. With gas the way it is I'm sure you can find MANY deals on LS2 cars right now too they just might not be local.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Nero
    2006 gto

Well even though you went for an 04, you did right by gettin an M6 for a DD. Its fun as shit. Plus, you got a GTO!! Kudos man, keep her safe.

Black
    2004 GTO

HEy i just got a 2004 GTO. got a Cold air Intake and upgraded spark plug wires and spark plugs. Wondering anyone have anymore suggestions for easy HP.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by pmolina0436 View Post
    HEy i just got a 2004 GTO. got a Cold air Intake and upgraded spark plug wires and spark plugs. Wondering anyone have anymore suggestions for easy HP.
    A real tune!

Mufflers

Thread Information