Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Teal
    94 GT

Looking at the GTO

What does everyone think of their GTO? Any other GTO sites? Thanks!

Impulse Blue Matallic
    2005 GTO

www.dynoqueens.com (Sorry man...no reason to pimp another site) is a good site. It covers all the LS versions. I love mine. It is a great balance between comfort and performance. The only thing that I would like from thisi car is 1. more room for wider rubber and 2. less weight. Other then that, I just turned 4500 miles in my car and it has been outstanding. I get lots of comments on the car and people seem to like it. It is a magnet for Mustang drivers and also SRT-8 people. It gets great MPG numbers considering (my last trip was 307 miles and I averaged 28.4mpg with the cruise set at 80mph) and it sounds nice too. The Insurance is very cheap for a car that is capeable of the trouble this car can dial up. I pay just barely over $100/month for state maximum coverage with a $250 deductible.
    Last edited by Sarge; 07-28-2006 at 06:12 PM.

Teal
    94 GT

Very good. I think I might have to make a trip to a dealer.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I just have the 04 but it works for me. I love the car. It's exactly what I wanted out of a daily driver. It does have some drawbacks but nothing major. The trunk is small as hell and the radio sucks but other than that I would have trouble finding faults with the car. The 05 and 06 get a nice increase in HP but with a few mods the 04 can be made to compete with them. Mine is basically stock right now ( K&N and Predator) but I could see throwing some mods at it when I'm finished with my f-body. Like I said, it works perfectly for me as a daily driver.

I love mine, but I am actually trying to sell it Got a baby on the way & just need a bigger car! I have the M6 & the gas mileage is great! But yea check out dynoqueen.com, it is a great site & also if you are interested my Pulse Red 04 is for sale if you want to PM me for details
    Last edited by Sarge; 07-29-2006 at 08:33 AM.
    2008 Lincoln MKZ - AWD
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT - Wifes car
    2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP - Sold
    2004 Pontiac GTO M6 - Sold

Impulse Blue Matallic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by jacobyb View Post
    www.dynoqueens.com (Sorry man...no reason to pimp another site) is a good site. It covers all the LS versions. I love mine. It is a great balance between comfort and performance. The only thing that I would like from thisi car is 1. more room for wider rubber and 2. less weight. Other then that, I just turned 4500 miles in my car and it has been outstanding. I get lots of comments on the car and people seem to like it. It is a magnet for Mustang drivers and also SRT-8 people. It gets great MPG numbers considering (my last trip was 307 miles and I averaged 28.4mpg with the cruise set at 80mph) and it sounds nice too. The Insurance is very cheap for a car that is capeable of the trouble this car can dial up. I pay just barely over $100/month for state maximum coverage with a $250 deductible.
    Great to see random editing of peoples posts for...what reason again?

Just so you know, I found this site through the site I posted.

GOT BOOST?
    02 Vette-Black 618 rwhp

Picked up a 05, and I am loving it !

Awaiting Activation

Quicksilver
    2004 Pontiac GTO

If you can get past the negative mag articles, the infamous "looks like a bloated Cavalier or Grand AM", you will find a gem of a car. I have both an '04 A4 and a '05 M6. I love them both but actually prefer the '04 A4. The car goes like hell, sounds great STOCK, and offers great ride and handling characteristics. I think the styling is great (even if it is somewhat subdued) and stacks up just fine with most contemporary vehicles. It gets good mpg when you consider the power available. It's the most underrated car to ever roam the streets. If your ego is at stake here, get a Mustang or Charger. But if you are only concerned with pleasing yourself, the GTO won't disappoint.

If the next generation is any improvement over this one, my OLD Pontiacs are going up for sale to make room for it.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by jacobyb View Post
    Great to see random editing of peoples posts for...what reason again?

Just so you know, I found this site through the site I posted.
    I'll PM you...

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse Red GTO View Post
    I love mine, but I am actually trying to sell it Got a baby on the way & just need a bigger car! I have the M6 & the gas mileage is great! But yea check out dynoqueen.com, it is a great site & also if you are interested my Pulse Red 04 is for sale if you want to PM me for details
    Come on man suck it up and put the babyseat on the Suzuki
    Last edited by Sarge; 07-29-2006 at 08:34 AM.

6 Speed / Spice Red

Spice Red
    06 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post
    What does everyone think of their GTO? Any other GTO sites? Thanks!
    Got mine a week and 350 miles, still on the break in, but I love it.

Had several LS1 Camaros, so no dount on the performance.

Actually, I got a kick out of the salesman trying to sell me on the performance. Didn't he see me pull up in the Z28??? Acutally, I decided to buy the car before going to see it in person.

Just had to make sure the color looked the same in person and the seats were comfortable... and the Z28 seats are like the bleachers at the local high school football game compared to the GTO's.

All I needed to do was look at the color in person and sit in it. Car sold even before the test drive.

And you might want to think about acting soon. 0% for 36 months (3.9% for 60 months) thru 9/6/06 and I've read production ends in September. There may not be an '07 model.

They are working on a new platform for the LS2 for Holden and if the Camaro concept doesn't make a return to market for '07 (doesn't look promising), the Corvette may be the only option for an LS2 for a while.

Anyone else know anything about this?
    Tom 06 GTO
    Spice Red 6 Speed 18" Wheels

Used to Be... Tom 02 Z28 - 6/01 to 8/06
    My 02 Z28 - Sold 8/27/06

Used to Be... Tom 99 SS - Gathering 3 & 4 Days
    My 99 SS - Still on Sal's Website

Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711 View Post
    Come on man suck it up and put the babyseat on the Suzuki
    I think the wife would kill me!!! I think the GTO would be alright if them darn seats wern't sooooo slow to get in & out of the back seats!

Navy Blue Metallic
    '99 T/A WS6 M6

Exclamation

I have read many places they killed the GTO ...Too bad, even if I don't like the styling..they are gonna build the Camaro I bet..IN AUSTRALIA though..TOO BAD again.

6 Speed / Spice Red

Spice Red
    06 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by NHRAMAN View Post
    I have read many places they killed the GTO ...Too bad, even if I don't like the styling..they are gonna build the Camaro I bet..IN AUSTRALIA though..TOO BAD again.
    Yeah, I read Septermber ends production, slow sales. At least for a year or two. They may bring it back with the new platform GM is going to use worldwide... Zeta or something. It's online several places, Car and Driver for one I think.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Many media outlets report a new Camaro/GTO and mebbe a Firebird on the new Zeta Lite platfrom assembled here in the US for 08 or mebbe 09.

6 Speed / Spice Red

Spice Red
    06 GTO

So I jumped on the 06 at a pretty good time. 0% for 36 months (saved thousands in interest) $2700 GM MC rebate and all. Payment's $900 a month, but it will be all mine after 35 1/2 more months... (of torturous payments... ) :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom 06 GTO View Post
    So I jumped on the 06 at a pretty good time. 0% for 36 months (saved thousands in interest) $2700 GM MC rebate and all. Payment's $900 a month, but it will be all mine after 35 1/2 more months... (of torturous payments... ) :-)
    $900 payments?! Holy SHITE.

Id like to get one, but I just cant accept that price! Ugh. Aw well. I am still saving money I guess.

6 Speed / Spice Red

Spice Red
    06 GTO

Yeah, $900 is tough, but 2 things make it a good move.

1) The dealer offered me only $9k for my 02Z. That would have made the payments about $525. If I can sell it for $12k - $13k, that will cover my payments for about a year.

2) the 60 month loan would have also got me in around $500 a month, but at 3.9% would have cost me about $4000 more. Even if I have to suppliment the payments with my home equity line and stretch it out to 5 years, I still save $2500+ in interest. So, the three years for 0% is cheaper in the long run.

And... those options beat the one payment plan...

Hey ya'll, I'm also looking around for a GTO probably an 04' just wondering if I could possibly find one between 15k-20k?

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Quote Originally Posted by Tom 06 GTO View Post
    $900 mo?

Thread Information