Black
    2004 GTO

Looking for a CD/MP3/

I remember on a certain thread people were saying about a cd/mp3 player that fit perfect on the gto...Im looking for one that plays mp3 for music videos any suggesttions..
    Last edited by pmolina0436; 10-28-2009 at 07:53 AM.

Nero
    2006 gto

Pioneer makes DVD headunits that will play any disc, including MP3 DVDs, and they have a full touchscreen that'll fit into the DIN slot on our Goats. The coolest part is that some have color changing buttons, so you can keep the green color scheme. The AVH-P3100 and P4100 are good examples of these, albeit slightly more expensive than a simple MP3 CD player.

Just a curious note...my mom's 2004 Saturn Ion came with MP3 CD capabilities, yet they wouldnt put it as standard in the GTO?

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by PatrizioD View Post
    Pioneer makes DVD headunits that will play any disc, including MP3 DVDs, and they have a full touchscreen that'll fit into the DIN slot on our Goats. The coolest part is that some have color changing buttons, so you can keep the green color scheme. The AVH-P3100 and P4100 are good examples of these, albeit slightly more expensive than a simple MP3 CD player.

Just a curious note...my mom's 2004 Saturn Ion came with MP3 CD capabilities, yet they wouldnt put it as standard in the GTO?
    thanks...and yea i always thought that to...An mp3 player would be GREAT...wonder why they didnt just put that in..

so real quick...these units should fit in perfect on the goats...Like i dont want any gaps and stuff around the cd unit you know what i mean..??..
    Last edited by pmolina0436; 10-29-2009 at 09:52 AM.

Nero
    2006 gto

Im sure that they sell a bracket for the application you end up deciding. Every model car has a slightly different radio surround, and 99/100 times you can find the piece that'll make a seamless fit. Good luck, Ive been wanting to do this for a while but went for suspension upgrades instead.

Yellow
    2005 GTO

Make sure if you are doing this yourself you aquire the correct wiring harness. Our cars are factory amplified and in some cases the amp must be bypassed or correctly integrated. You will be looking for a double din system and install kit or single din. Here is a link for a single din.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Em7eUaf...eiver-Kit.html

silver
    04 gto

what about DVD players I have 7.5 inch screen dvd player in my truck would love to put one the goat but not sure if it will fit good. Anyone do this have any pics of it done?

Carousel Red
    2005 Pontiac GTO

While I don't "do video" in my GTO, I DO have the Pioneer Avic 700BT which will play video off the memory card. The Avic 90 series (IIRC) does DVD playing and isn't much more money; as a matter of fact they're both fairly cheap now that Pioneer came out with new models recently. I think it's a good looking unit and seems right at home in my car.

S.
    Steve
    2005 Carousel Red Twin Turbo GTO
    Click for full size
    My Garage

Nero
    2006 gto

Now THAT is what Im talking about. Im putting in the P3100-DVD after Christmas and will post up pics. What kinda work went into painting the console trim? I wanna do that with mine, only in a deep chrome red...
    Anyone without a gun and a knife and a handkerchief and a chapstick get the F%$# out of here!

silver
    04 gto

Quote Originally Posted by scauffiel View Post
    While I don't "do video" in my GTO, I DO have the Pioneer Avic 700BT which will play video off the memory card. The Avic 90 series (IIRC) does DVD playing and isn't much more money; as a matter of fact they're both fairly cheap now that Pioneer came out with new models recently. I think it's a good looking unit and seems right at home in my car.

Click for full size

Click for full size

S.
    I have a AVH-DVD6800 in my dmax I love it. Its an older model but I plan on putting one it the goat also. Is it hard to find the trip piece or dash kit what ever you call them for the gtos?

Nero
    2006 gto

I found the Double DIN faceplate on crutchfield for $15. The only part Im not looking forward to is making the connections from the old deck fit with the new one; all the wiring harnesses I can find for the 04-06 GTO's say "NOTE: This harness works on standard wiring only. Not for amplified, JBL, or premium sound systems" and I'm pretty sure the GTO falls into at least one--if not more--of those categories.

Edit: I found a wiring harness on crutchfield for Saab, Audi, Chrysler, Porsche, Ford, and VW that says it'll work with the GTO. Didnt make sense until I looked up on Blaupunkts original site and found that they make stock stereos for those brands. Still, this all feels really messed up. Factory premium/amped sound systems are a pain...
    Last edited by PatrizioD; 11-20-2009 at 08:26 PM.

Carousel Red
    2005 Pontiac GTO

Getting the trim shot wasn't hard at all, just takes a bit of time to remove it from the car and a competent enough paint guy to make sure the masking is good to go.

When I get a chance I'll look up the kit I bought from Crutchfield to install mine; it was a plug and play deal and other than it just being a pain being behind and inside the console when installing, it wasn't that big of a deal. Unless you buy chim-chim's faceplate you're going to have to sand down the one that you get with this kit (it comes textured which doesn't match the console) and then shoot it with a Krylon satin black (I'll look up the number for that when I look up the other stuff) so everything matches. I think Chim-Chim's faceplate is already hooked up with all that, it just costs a bit more.

S.

Black
    2005 GTO

I'm running the jvc kw-avx820
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_105WAVX....html?tp=20220

I love it probably the best thing i've done to the car so far. You can find it much much cheaper than what crutchfield has it listed for. Its not the best head unit out there but it was in my price range and out of the price range I was looking at IMO looked the best and had all the features I was looking for.

Carousel Red
    2005 Pontiac GTO

This is the harness I used:
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1207017...s.html?tp=2977

... this is the mounting kit:
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1209535...t.html?tp=3121

...and finally, this is the steering wheel control interface:
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127SWIP...S.html?tp=3405

Via con los zapatos!

QuikSilver
    2006 GTO A4

Thanks for all the info very helpful.