Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Awaiting Activation 5.7literMustangEater's Avatar

Torrid Red
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Angry Locked out of the GOAT HELP!!!!!!!!

OK, so I g out to star the GOAT up yesterday. I figured I'd run the ngine for about 20 minutes to charge up the battery and keep the fluids moving since it has been sitting for a couple weeks. I can't drive it becuase I no longer have tags on it becuase they expired 5/31 and I'm moving to West Virginia in two weeks and it wasn't worth paying to re-register it for just a month. Anyways.....to the point at hand.
    I cannot get into my GOAT!!!!!!! I am totally locked out. I cannot unlock the doors with the key fob and the key will not manually unlock the door!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I've had so many stupid problems with this car I'm just sick and tired of it!!!! I called AAA to see if they could get some one out to pop the lock and they were unable to do it. I need to get into the bitch becuase I am moving in a couple weeks and will be transporting it to my new house using my father-in-law's dealer tags.
    My main question is what should I do? I can't take the car anywhere because I can't get into it. Should I call Pontiac customer service to see if they can send someone out to my house to get the door unlocked? PLEASE I need your guys help!!! If anyone has had this problem feel free to chime in and let me know how you got the problem fixed.
    I don't believe the battery is dead because everything worked last weekend when I started it up and let it run for 20 minutes and the odometer is still displaying and the security light is still flashing. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Hang on a second....I have the fix somwhere on this PC....

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Is the hood opened?

Torrid Red
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Is the hood opened?
    Unfortunately the hood is closed. I cannot access anything in the car.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Hold down the "lock" button for like 10 seconds......try it then....

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Try it with both keys....hold down the lock button for like 10 seconds....

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Make sure the passenger door is fully closed also.....slam your ass into it ....

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

OK I found it....when the battery is dead they (key FOBS)wont work......
    You will have to turn the key 90+ degrees in the cylinder to unlock it....you will think you are breaking something but your not....that is how they are built.....so manually unlock the door by turning the key 90+ degrees....it will feel stiff from lack of use but it will unlock the door....charge the car battery and see where we are....

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

You can always crawl under the car ( maybe jack it up) and get a charger on the starter positive post and a ground to the chassis....

Torrid Red
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Thanks for the help Sarge!! I'll give it a try as soon as I get home from work tonight. I'll post up tonight to let you know if it worked and I am no longer locked out.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

These "security/locks" on our cars suck....I keep mine lubed ( the ignition cylinder and the door lock) with graphite about 2wice a year.....Your battery is too low I think.....Mine sets for a spell every now and then....I keep a trickle charger on it....

rednari
    Yes, the door locks on these cars have their own style. I quite using the electrics a while ago and instead open up with the key. I do not want to foul the lock so I cannot get in. This is especially true since there is no passenger door lock. There's no trunk lock either, but there is a release on the upper side of the right rear seat. No locks WTF. Did Holden think it was building a Foose custom and thus decided to "French" the locks.

Torrid Red
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Still Locked out!!! GD Weather!!

Well when I got off work yesterday the sky decided to open up and unleash it's fury. I didn't get a chance to try to back charge the system from the starter, but did try the keys again. And once again it did nothing. I think when they fixed the scratches in my paint that they did not assemble the manual locking mechanism correctly. My door handle was scratched, so I think they pulled the door and door panels to access the handle an paint it. I'm going to try today because it is going to be gorgeous. I'll let you know tomorrow morning (my wife has packed up my computer at home since we move in a week and a half). I've been so frustrated with the little stupid problems I've had with the GOAT that I'm contimplating trading it in for a Vette. I don't know if it will happen, but the GD car is just starting to get on my last nerves.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Sometimes a fella has to get rid of a PITA car....I loved many of my cars through the years...but some of them just got the best of me...little things....I understand....

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Sometimes a fella has to get rid of a PITA car....I loved many of my cars through the years...but some of them just got the best of me...little things....I understand....
    show em the hole you cut in the truck to get into that when the latch messed up......

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by astyles View Post
    show em the hole you cut in the truck to get into that when the latch messed up......
    LOL...yup....but I wasnt pissed at the car....just the asswipe that designed the locks

Torrid Red
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Not Enough time in the day

Still haven't gotten the doors unlocked, but I really haven't had time to do anything because of the move. We had our final walk through of the house before we settle on Tuesday. Hopefully I can get to it today, as long as the weather holds up (they're calling for t-storms and showers again today). I don't really want to give up the GOAT, plus everything I've checked out is going to increase my payments from what I'm paying now. I figure once we move and I have a garage to put the beast in I can actually get down and dirty with it and get it all fixed up and all the small problems will be solved. I love this car and I am a huge GTO enthusiast, so giving the GTO up or selling it just seems to hard to do. I'm confident in my mechanical knowledge and feel that if I just really put the wrenches to it I can get everything repaired myself. I really just want to get behind the wheel and burn some rubber!!! I miss driving it. I'm sick of driving my DD Corrolla. I vow that the GOAT will be back on the street before the end of the summer. I let ya'll know what the deal is with the locks once I get the bitch in the air and back charge the battery from the starter.

Torrid Red
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Can't get in the GOAT!! Don't know what is wrong.

Well I tried to back charge the battery through the starter yesterday with no luck. I am at a total loss as to what is wrong with the GOAT. I cannot use the key fobs to unlock the doors and I cannot unlock the door using the key. The locks worked just fine a week and a half ago when I started the GOAT up to maintain the battery and get the fluids moving thru it. I desperately need help!!!!! Anyone please give me some advice.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I dont understand why the battery didnt charge unless it is totally gone. Short of going through the trunk-into the back seat.....a tow to the dealer is all I know to do here....Locksmiths can remove the lock on the door and get you in for about a $100 bucks I know....

Torrid Red
    2004 Pontiac GTO

I'm getting it towed to my father-in-laws shop right now. My wife called and the tow druck driver was able to pop the lock, so I can get into it now. My father-in-law and I are going to pull the door panel off the driver side this weekend and check out the lock. I have a feeling that when I had the car in for som paint work (repairing scratches to the paint) that they did not install the locking mechanism properly and when I shut the door last week it finally popped loose. I should be able to get it all fixed this weekend, so I can lock and unlock the doors. After that I need to replace suspension bushings, brakes (both front and rear), and I just happened to notice that my passenger side tie rod is busted so that needs to be replaced now. At least that part is only like $30. Sarge, thanks for all the help and advice I greatly appreciate it. I'll keep you guys posted as to the progress with the locks, suspension, brakes and tie rod end.

Thread Information