Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Locked out of the GOAT HELP!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Locked out of the GOAT HELP!!!!!!!! within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Well I have finally got the GOAT's locks unlocked!!!!!! It turns out when I was trying to back charge the ...

Awaiting Activation 5.7literMustangEater's Avatar

Torrid Red
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Finally In!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I have finally got the GOAT's locks unlocked!!!!!! It turns out when I was trying to back charge the system thru the starter I was grounding out the charge because of the lack of space under the car to get to the starter. My father-in-law was able to back charge the system and get the key fobs to unlock the doors, but he had a body shop tech from next door come over to look at the lock and see if he could tell what was wrong. He turned the key in the lock cyclinder and knew right away that something was loose inside and the panels need to come off and the locking mechanism needs to be put back together correctly. I'm just excited that I finally got in it!!!! Haven't had time to fix it because we move this week and everything is pretty much packed away, but my father-in-law said he would fix it for me this week sometime. Just wanted to let you guys know that we finally got to the root of the problem and just have to fix it to solve the problem. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Nero
    2006 gto

Not tryin to hijack, but didnt think it was worth a whole new thread. I was wondering, where do you guys put the negative cable on the GTO when jumping the battery? Manual says an unpainted piece of the engine block. I was thinking right over here in this general area (obviously away from moving parts). Blue arrow is not my first choice, but its easier/more stable/farther from the battery. Red is my fallback if blue isnt a good idea. Thanks for the help!

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by PatrizioD View Post
    Not tryin to hijack, but didnt think it was worth a whole new thread. I was wondering, where do you guys put the negative cable on the GTO when jumping the battery? Manual says an unpainted piece of the engine block. I was thinking right over here in this general area (obviously away from moving parts). Blue arrow is not my first choice, but its easier/more stable/farther from the battery. Red is my fallback if blue isnt a good idea. Thanks for the help!
    Click for full size
    NO!!
    Your blue arrow is pointing to the fuel rail X-over. That is a fuel line!
    I usually put it to the belt tensioner bracket area or even the battery.
    Depending on your cable ends some have a pointy end and I have clamped onto exhaust manifold bolts before with those.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Nero
    2006 gto

Thanks man. I learn something new every day...
    Im gonna do it up to the battery, I've done it that way on other cars, but wasnt sure about this one.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Click for full size
    is this guys kidding ?the fuel rail and the throttle body housing..OMG
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

Nero
    2006 gto

No I wasnt kidding. This is my first V8, and I wasnt sure how to jump it. Why you gotta be a douchebag about it? Not all of us were lucky enough to be born car-geniuses. Posts like yours are what makes some people afraid to ask simple or "stupid" questions. Whats more stupid? Me asking about jumping, or me jumping my car without knowing exactly what to do?
    Last edited by PatrizioD; 07-14-2008 at 07:51 AM.

rapter34
    maybe you should try getting the new GM offered service. ;lol: JK

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Ch1VlmzXMQ

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

No I wasnt kidding. This is my first V8, and I wasnt sure how to jump it. Why you gotta be a douchebag about it? Not all of us were lucky enough to be born car-geniuses. Posts like yours are what makes some people afraid to ask simple or "stupid" questions. Whats more stupid? Me asking about jumping, or me jumping my car without knowing exactly what to do?
    Don't sweat that. . . . . . . . . The ONLY "Stupid" ? is the one that you don't ask. I have been changing my thought process myself and been altering the power I give others to upset or alter my moods. It just isn't worth the power you give others.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information