Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

A little more power for 2010

So since I kind of let the cat out of the bag in the other thread I'll give a little hint of what I'm planning. My goal is a 10 sec All Motor stock bottom run for 2010.

...the missing AFR 205 heads and 90mm Fast intake are in the hands of Tony Mamo being Mamofied. The final chamber cc has not been decided on yet.

Additional upgrades include Morel Lifters, PAC springs, and Yella Terra rockers. Tony is also going to replace the standard AFR valves with lighter ones... the brand is still to be dertermined. In addition a new cam is required to go with the ported heads...the cam spec is also yet to be dertermined.

More info later ....

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO View Post
    So since I kind of let the cat out of the bag in the other thread I'll give a little hint of what I'm planning. My goal is a 10 sec All Motor stock bottom run for 2010.

...the missing AFR 205 heads and 90mm Fast intake are in the hands of Tony Mamo being Mamofied. The final chamber cc has not been decided on yet.

Click for full size

Additional upgrades include Morel Lifters, PAC springs, and Yella Terra rockers. Tony is also going to replace the standard AFR valves with lighter ones... the brand is still to be dertermined. In addition a new cam is required to go with the ported heads...the cam spec is also yet to be dertermined.

More info later ....
    why are you porting your afr's ? it is my understanding that they are just about as good as you can get.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

With all those planned mods under the hood, I HOPE you plan to take care of the diff as well.

98' trans am

nothing against mamo by the way..good porter...i just dont see him doing a lot of good on those afrs

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    why are you porting your afr's ? it is my understanding that they are just about as good as you can get.
    Because Tony Mamo of AFR designed them and knows just how to tweeeeeek them.

98' trans am

Because Tony Mamo of AFR designed them and knows just how to tweeeeeek them.
    true..i guess i just hoped they were maxed out from the box

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    With all those planned mods under the hood, I HOPE you plan to take care of the diff as well.
    I'm not worried about the back end. I already have a harrop cover, 3.73s and 1000rwhp stub to hubs. A lot of boosted cars don't even have my upgrades. The only thing I may do is a carbon fiber drive shaft. But thats to get more power to the wheels.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I'm not worried about the back end. I already have a harrop cover, 3.73s and 1000rwhp stub to hubs. A lot of boosted cars don't even have my upgrades. The only thing I may do is a carbon fiber drive shaft. But thats to get more power to the wheels.
    Yah. I have to take my car in to have the rear looked at. Possible pinion bearing or carrier bearing. Hopefully inexpensive to replace.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    true..i guess i just hoped they were maxed out from the box
    I've seen posts on LS1tech of ported 205s + ported fasts combos that he's done getting around 500 at the wheels. He told me that conservatively I should get at least another 30. That would put me around 485. I'd settle for that. The other area where I should see a big jump is rwtq. and that's what going to translate into lower 60 foots.

98' trans am

I've seen posts on LS1tech of ported 205s + ported fasts combos that he's done getting around 500 at the wheels. He told me that conservatively I should get at least another 30. That would put me around 485. I'd settle for that. The other area where I should see a big jump is rwtq. and that's what going to translate into lower 60 foots.
    daaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmn!

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

One more thing I can share for the moment. Since the roller rockers need a bit more space it justified replacing the valve covers with taller ones .. bling bling.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

looks good russ.....that thing will be flying this year.

hugger orange

Dayum those valve covers are nice looking!

Any ideas on cams, are we looking at something close to a 106 lsa? And what is the projected rev limit/ shift point?

Lol man I do envy you!

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I dont think the Diff will be an issue ,ive ran 9s and pulled 1.5 60 ft times on ALL stock irs stuff with the exception of the harrop cover dont think thats helping much to protect the stock stuff.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post

Any ideas on cams, are we looking at something close to a 106 lsa? And what is the projected rev limit/ shift point?

Lol man I do envy you!
    Don't know about the cam I need to talk it over with Tony about it. First I need to think about what compression to run at as far as letting him know how much to mill the heads...but I also am concerned about the PVC. Trying to read up as much as I can to find the right combination so I don't have to go to race fuel or pull timing. Patrick G has some good threads on LS1tech I've been reading on ported AFR setups he's worked on. Some of those setup used cams bigger then I was considering but they worked out and made 500 at the wheels ... most of those we M6s though.

...oh and my rev limiter was already set at 7300, not that I was getting close to it. lol
    Last edited by GTO1_OHIO; 03-04-2010 at 05:10 PM.

hugger orange

Don't know about the cam I need to talk it over with Tony about it. First I need to think about what compression to run at as far as letting him know how much to mill the heads...but I also am concerned about the PVC. Trying to read up as much as I can to find the right combination so I don't have to go to race fuel or pull timing. Patrick G has some good threads on LS1tech I've been reading on ported AFR setups he's worked on. Some of those setup used cams bigger then I was considering but they worked out and made 500 at the wheels ... most of those we M6s though.

...oh and my rev limiter was already set at 7300, not that I was getting close to it. lol
    Yup as soon as I started reading your post I thought of Patrick G with his insanely tight lsa cams making more power than you would think possible

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post

Lol man I do envy you!
    Mark if your setting up for a boosted cam you dont want the 106 should be up around 115.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Russ, That is some nice eye candy, I love your build, do you still have all the interior in it or did you do the weight reduction?

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    Mark if your setting up for a boosted cam you dont want the 106 should be up around 115.
    Oh I know, if I ever went FI I'd get a cam to match it with a wider lsa

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jack View Post
    Russ, That is some nice eye candy, I love your build, do you still have all the interior in it or did you do the weight reduction?
    Thanks. Interior is still in it although I do take the passenger and rear seats out when I go to the track. Not even a five minute job so why not. lol

Thread Information