Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Lingenfelter Launch Control

This is a discussion on Lingenfelter Launch Control within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Yes Randy diodes are your friend!! Also 3M T-taps and heat shrink are a must for Good install....

  1. #21
    Nitrous Tuner LS2Tuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WestCoast AZ-CALI
    Posts
    4,763

    Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

    Yes Randy diodes are your friend!!

    Also 3M T-taps and heat shrink are a must for Good install.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

  2. #22
    Laugh while you can... mistermike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cleveland
    Age
    62
    Posts
    75

    Black
    2004 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Yes Randy diodes are your friend!!

    Also 3M T-taps and heat shrink are a must for Good install.
    How about MOV's instead of diodes? They're rugged as hell, and come in just about any voltage, joule rating you can stand.

    I just recently had the dealer install the turbo mod kit on my HHR. It came with crimps that shrink. According to the tech, these are the first crimps ever approved by the General. I'm a solder guy, but these suckers looked pretty nice.

  3. #23
    Laugh while you can... mistermike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cleveland
    Age
    62
    Posts
    75

    Black
    2004 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    ....PopUp bitches....
    Nancy Pelosi?

  4. #24
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,520

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    Quote Originally Posted by mistermike View Post
    How about MOV's instead of diodes? They're rugged as hell, and come in just about any voltage, joule rating you can stand.

    I just recently had the dealer install the turbo mod kit on my HHR. It came with crimps that shrink. According to the tech, these are the first crimps ever approved by the General. I'm a solder guy, but these suckers looked pretty nice.
    me too. I try to solder everything that's physically possible. It just rules out the chance of having issues down the road. There are times however that it's just not practical to get a soldering gun into some spots. Do you know who makes those crimps?

  5. #25
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,520

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    Quote Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO View Post
    You have a PM about another LPE product.

    unless it's something you wanted to keep private feel free to ask about that stuff in the open forum. We're all about sharing info. We would appreciate that direct links be kept to pm's though if they are a direct competition to one of the sponsors. We try to be as forgiving on that stuff as possible but hopefully you guys understand we like to support our sponsors.

  6. #26
    Laugh while you can... mistermike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cleveland
    Age
    62
    Posts
    75

    Black
    2004 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    me too. I try to solder everything that's physically possible. It just rules out the chance of having issues down the road. There are times however that it's just not practical to get a soldering gun into some spots. Do you know who makes those crimps?
    I sure don't. Next time I'm at the dealer, I'll ask my buddy.

  7. #27
    Member GTO1_OHIO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Melbourne Beach, FL
    Posts
    588

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    unless it's something you wanted to keep private feel free to ask about that stuff in the open forum. We're all about sharing info. We would appreciate that direct links be kept to pm's though if they are a direct competition to one of the sponsors. We try to be as forgiving on that stuff as possible but hopefully you guys understand we like to support our sponsors.
    Didn't want to go off topic...It was related to my other thread...I'll post it there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Wanted: LS1 2 Step launch control
    By Dzel in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2014, 08:41 AM
  2. 2010 ZR1 w/ Launch control
    By blackbird0230 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-14-2010, 07:18 PM
  3. Launch control on new camaro SS manual
    By Zinergy in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-17-2009, 06:01 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 07:23 AM
  5. clutch activated launch control
    By ls14gezr in forum Manual Transmission
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-20-2006, 10:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •