Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Phantomblack Metallic
    2005 GTO

Lingenfelter Launch Control

Anyone installed this? Does it work well? How difficult was it to install?

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...Category_Code=

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

What will they think of next....no....I haven't seen one of those yet.....mebbe one of the guys have though....

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

New to me. Seems like a good way to keep your motor from going "BLOOOIE!!!"

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    What will they think of next....no....I haven't seen one of those yet.....mebbe one of the guys have though....
    A couple of guys I know are running these 2-steps. Here's a thread about it thats been going since last fall. Jason from LPE has posted some info about it and answered some questions. Good reading.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/drag-r...ol-2-step.html

A friend of mine koolrayz, is using this 2 step in a 2002 trans am that runs 9 sec, has a rossler 4L60 tranny with trans brake on nitrous. I'm sure he'd answer anyones questions about this.
    Last edited by GTO1_OHIO; 02-22-2009 at 04:16 PM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

This is the one I'm going to get if HSW runs a sale before I spend the money on something else.

http://www.harrisspeed.com/shop/prod...roductid=16983

Phantomblack Metallic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO View Post
    A couple of guys I know are running these 2-steps. Here's a thread about it thats been going since last fall. Jason from LPE has posted some info about it and answered some questions. Good reading.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/drag-r...ol-2-step.html

A friend of mine koolrayz, is using this 2 step in a 2002 trans am that runs 9 sec, has a rossler 4L60 tranny with trans brake on nitrous. I'm sure he'd answer anyones questions about this.
    Thanks lots of users and not many issues

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Thanks lots of users and not many issues
    And if you noticed that thread is full of 9 and 10 sec cars....not tire kickers.
    Last edited by GTO1_OHIO; 02-22-2009 at 04:28 PM.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

I am waiting on my new MSD 2 step,jegs told me would be here by first FEB.still waiting..

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Did Tech sellout to AutoBrand?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Did Tech sellout to AutoBrand?
    I thought autoforums bought them......over a year ago.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I didnt know....I hate AutoForums....PopUp bitches....Brad would sell us out in a heartbeat......of course then I would have to have the boys go break his fucking knees....and start a new forum...

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I thought autoforums bought them......over a year ago.

Nope not autoforums, they're part of http://www.internetbrands.com/autonetwork

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Still sales bitches.

2-step

That 2-step is our LNC-003. It is a true 2-step for the LS series engines in that it has two separate RPM limiter settings.

We also make another launch controller, a LNC-002, that has timing retard capabilities but only has one RPM limit setting. You can still use it as a "2-step" off the line but the second RPM limiter needs to be your factory PCM setting.

Both of our 2-steps/launch controllers are plug and play from an engine harness side - just unplug the coil packs and plug our device in between. The only wiring required is your trigger method.

A couple of other companies also make 2-steps for the LS series engines. Synergy has one. Harlan Engineering used to have one. MSD announced one at the SEMA show but I don't know if it is released yet.

The Harris Speed Works product mentioned in this thread doesn't provide a 2-step/RPM limiter feature as far as I know. I think it is a Window switch (RPM switch) with additional nitrous control features.

Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Anyone installed this? Does it work well? How difficult was it to install?

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...Category_Code=

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by jhaines View Post
    That 2-step is our LNC-003. It is a true 2-step for the LS series engines in that it has two separate RPM limiter settings.

We also make another launch controller, a LNC-002, that has timing retard capabilities but only has one RPM limit setting. You can still use it as a "2-step" off the line but the second RPM limiter needs to be your factory PCM setting.

Both of our 2-steps/launch controllers are plug and play from an engine harness side - just unplug the coil packs and plug our device in between. The only wiring required is your trigger method.

A couple of other companies also make 2-steps for the LS series engines. Synergy has one. Harlan Engineering used to have one. MSD announced one at the SEMA show but I don't know if it is released yet.

The Harris Speed Works product mentioned in this thread doesn't provide a 2-step/RPM limiter feature as far as I know. I think it is a Window switch (RPM switch) with additional nitrous control features.
    well send me one ill put it too good use ,and let everyone on here know what a stand up guy you are...does it work in conjunction with a trans brake?
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    well send me one ill put it too good use ,and let everyone on here know what a stand up guy you are...does it work in conjunction with a trans brake?
    Ray uses it with his Rossler/transbrake setup in the trans am...but I'm not sure which LPE version he has.

Trans brake

We have example wiring diagrams in the LNC-002 and LNC-003 instructions for use with a trans brake or line lock.

As a side note, any time you are using a line lock or trans brake (or other large solenoids including some nitrous solenoids) we recommend using a transient voltage surpression (TVS) diode to keep the voltage spikes that occur from damaging the launch control module, the ECM/PCM or other electronic components in the vehicle. We have recorded voltage spikes well over 400 volts with some solenoids (we have a scary image of it in our TVS diode instructions).

Here is an image of the voltage spike from a common line-lock solenoid:

Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    Last edited by jhaines; 02-25-2009 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Add image

98 Formula
    06 duramax

We have example wiring diagrams in the LNC-002 and LNC-003 instructions for use with a trans brake or line lock.

As a side note, any time you are using a line lock or trans brake (or other large solenoids including some nitrous solenoids) we recommend using a transient voltage surpression (TVS) diode to keep the voltage spikes that occur from damaging the launch control module, the ECM/PCM or other electronic components in the vehicle. We have recorded voltage spikes well over 400 volts with some solenoids (we have a scary image of it in our TVS diode instructions).
    that's good info to have...thanks. You are correct about the HSW unit also. It's an rpm switch with built in delays and a few other options.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

wow sounds like I need to make sure I have it hooked up right then,diodes FTW.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

You have a PM about another LPE product.

Thread Information