Quick
    2005 GTO

Lets talk about brakes!!!

So I am starting my research on getting the best brakes I can afford for my silverproject. Does anyone have suggestions or experiences with aftermarket brakes?
    How about the Z06 brake kit conversion I am hunting for retailers that have these. My last thread was about anthem motors but I beleive they went out of business. They had sick ones with GTO RA6 painted on them. Does anyone have these? My hunt lead me to JHP in Aus, and I have sent them a email about US shipments and conversions for our GTOs

Quick
    2005 GTO

JHP PMR ZO6 brake kit

http://www.jhp.com.au/jhpgto/brakes.htm these are nice waiting for a response of their sales to the US regarding this package. Pretty heavy things when you put all four side in a box.

Nero
    2006 gto

Hey man, I've dealt with JHP in the past, and they are fantastic. The prices on the website you just linked to are what you will pay, shipped to the US. Im 99.9% positive that they set the GTO site up to deal directly with US customers.

Quick
    2005 GTO

Sweet thats what am hoping! What did you get from them? I am dying for a upgraded brake kit like the PBR/ZO6 package and they have aluminum hats in the rear that is the first I have seen!!!
    BMR StressBar/Koni/Eibach,Hotchkis anti-sway bars, Full polys.energy, 18''w/Advan AD07's.BMRskid. K&NFIPK,B&Mshorty.

Nero
    2006 gto

I didnt actually order through them, money ended up being needed elsewhere. The reason I say they're fantastic is because they helped me decide exactly what I wanted and were VERY knowledgeable about their products. The fact that I backed out at the last minute and they didnt give me any sh!t really stuck out, they basically told me to give them a call whenever I had questions, regardless if I was buying or not. After looking over that page again, I think Im going to call em up about the strut mounts and bushings set when my tax refund comes in.
    Separate note, how bout those N series 18" wheels they got? Those would look BADASS chromed or polished...
    Anyone without a gun and a knife and a handkerchief and a chapstick get the F%$# out of here!

PMB
    2004 GTO

thats 2 grand.....the brakes i have our completely fine and yours are larger !!! put some slotted rotors on there and upgrade the pads..call it a day.

Quick
    2005 GTO

I hear yeah drawk... I just heard alot of the power in these brakes (ZO6) and felt my car could get better.
    Prices for the M series brakes I was looking at are about just shy of $3900. (heres a PIC)http://jhp.com.au/jhpgto/SuspensionB...leateKit-h.jpg
    But aluminuim hats all around is four and a half pounds of rotary weight.

And if I went with a rotor/pads/fluid/ and lines(stocks are rubber) of top quality it would be about $3000.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by drawk04 View Post
    thats 2 grand.....the brakes i have our completely fine and yours are larger !!! put some slotted rotors on there and upgrade the pads..call it a day.
    If you have the stock brakes....they really are not fine for the track. They fade very quickly.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO View Post
    If you have the stock brakes....they really are not fine for the track. They fade very quickly.
    the OP has an 05 though.....much much better braking than our 04's.

Quick
    2005 GTO

Yeah they aren't as great as the commercials say...OHIO is totally right with the heat fad. You know some say that 400 horse power is alot more then 350 but I still want headers too. Make sense? I just want some denture pulling brakes.

Soo OHIO are those baer brakes you have? Like them? Any complaints?

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by SilverProject View Post
    Yeah they aren't as great as the commercials say...OHIO is totally right with the heat fad. You know some say that 400 horse power is alot more then 350 but I still want headers too. Make sense? I just want some denture pulling brakes.

Soo OHIO are those baer brakes you have? Like them? Any complaints?
    Yes 13 inch Baers front and back and no complaints at 445 rwhp. They were the first major mod that I did. The only problems I had were with the red stuff pads I first used ... but the Porterfields I'm using now are excellent.

Quick Silver Metalic
    2005 Pontiac GTO

I've had the JHP 4000XS rotors, front and back, with OEM replacement pads, on for about a year. I replaced the Wilwoods I had on and am very happy with them. The Wilwoods looked very cool, and performed great for the first 1k miles then started to warp. Bought another set of rotors, they wouldn't warranty them, and the same thing. About 1k miles later they started to warp as well. I don't drive my car hard much and go to the track 2-3 times a year.

I've had no problems with the JHP rotors, and Geoff, is a great person to deal with. I've bought several things from them and wouldn't hesitate to get more. They're prices are reasonable and the shipping charges aren't bad at all.

Just a thought...

Chris

Nero
    2006 gto

Whoa, those are some badass rotors there Chris. I've dealt with JHP before, and I agree with the recommendation, ESPECIALLY on those rotors. Im ordering a set as soon as tax refund allows.

Quick
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by BaaaadGTO View Post
    I've had the JHP 4000XS rotors, front and back, with OEM replacement pads, on for about a year.
    I've had no problems with the JHP rotors, and Geoff, is a great person to deal with. I've bought several things from them and wouldn't hesitate to get more. They're prices are reasonable and the shipping charges aren't bad at all.

Just a thought...

Chris
    Thats good to hear Chris, those are some good looking rotors... DBA and PBR work really close together and I would bet their products perform really well together. DBA are a supplier to PBR and PBR are to Holden.

So is the shipping charges from JHP included in their USD shipped price thats listed?

Quick Silver Metalic
    2005 Pontiac GTO

I don't remember, but I was surrprised at how low the shipping charges were...

Chris

Thread Information