Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

last year of the G.T.O?

I heard somewhere that 2006 was the last year of G.T.Os has anyone else heard anything about it? I haven't heard of there being any plans to build a 2007.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Who knows...it is all about economics and politics....GM has XXX amount of funds and the various project managers must fight for those funds...then recommendations are made and it goes to the bean counters and marketing sooth sayers to predict which models will yield the highest profits.....I doubt it looks to good for the Goats though IMHO...hey just makes ours worth more if they stop I'm a selfish bastard...I dont care....

Red
    1995 Trans Am 6 Speed

The big news in the motor journals is the expected return of the Camaro in 08 or 09. That would leave Pontiac with Soltice and nothing else if the GTO is pulled. But, then again, Pontiac or Buick could be be headed for Olds city in the next year or two. I heard this morning the 'R' word in a G6 spot on the radio. If Ponitac is putting rebates already on a one year old model line, that says something as to where the whole line is heading.

My advice, save the nickles, rob the 401K, heck with the ROTH IRA, get your GTO NOW!

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Maybe that Pontiac is pulling the GTO to put attention on gen 5 Firebird > ISt it suposed to be on the same frame???

x-GTO Owner still love em ctbeiser's Avatar

Graystone
    2006 Silverado Z-71

The concept Camaro drew a lot of attention. I went to the NAIAS in Detroit and I spent about 20 min waiting to get a close look at the car. It was worth it. I read somewhere that Pontiac was suppose to come out with a 2007 GTO with updated front fasica. From the sounds of it, it is not going to be welcomed due the fact it looks similar to a 1964 Bonneville.

White98WS6
    As I mentioned in another thread...the last I heard was that the GTO was getting redesigned in 07 or 08 (more likely 08 I think). It will be American built and is suppose to share the same platform as the new age Camaro (if it comes out). Zeta platform I believe...right?

Black
    2005 CTS-V

Last year for the GTO!!! Just talked to our GM reps!!!

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

that is sad if its true . I think maybe acouple more years the GTO could have had the look we wanted. Maybe its just a retooling. LONG LIVE THE GTO>>>>>

Awaiting Activation

Quicksilver
    2004 Pontiac GTO

The GTO aint dead.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Mine sure as hell aint
    Hey I waited 30 years for em to come back...and dayum if they didnt come back with a beast....I love these Holden/GTO's....frickin great car man...

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

on newagegto.com they are saying that there will be no 07 as a production gap. But our beloved GTO should be back for 08

Torrid Red
    2004 GTO

Found this on another board:

MARKETING/PROMOTION - TO: ALL PONTIAC DEALERS AND GENERAL MANAGERS

Subject:
    GTO Announcement

Message #:
    PGM20060173

2/20/06

Due to changes in US regulatory standards, the current generation of the GTO will cease production at the end of the 2006 model year. The end of the current generation GTO will occur much sooner than we at Pontiac would like, however the necessary redesign to meet U.S regulatory standards would be cost prohibitive.

Since its re-introduction in 2003, the GTO has helped Pontiac solidify its performance reputation by dominating both on and off the track and has brought many new customers into your dealerships, with up to 50% of its buyers coming from outside GM. This current generation of GTO – as the most powerful GTO ever made and priced at only $31,990 - is simply the best performance value in the market today. While no announcement will be made at this time regarding a replacement product, we are strongly committed to performance and feel that there will always be a special need at Pontiac for an expressive, V-8 powered, rear wheel drive vehicle and we are continuing to explore those options for the future. As a statement of our continued commitment to performance, we are very excited to be introducing the 260 HP Solstice GXP turbo later this year to match up with the current 300 HP Grand Prix GXP V-8, and have more GXP variants in the works.

Please be advised that the last consensus period for the 2006 GTO will be the March cycle. The final dealer order submission is currently planned for April 6, 2006. Final build-out production will occur sometime in June.

As consumers become aware that this current generation of the legendary GTO will no longer be available, we expect increased demand. To that end, please review your inventory needs through the balance of the calendar year as there will be no 2007 model. Pontiac will continue to support GTO through the entire 2006 calendar year with marketing efforts and incentive tactics. And our very successful racing programs are set to continue, where Pontiac performance has continued to surprise – and beat – our import competitors.

Although we are closing this current chapter on the legendary GTO, Pontiac keeps getting healthier overall. As you know, Pontiac is realizing solid sales growth as a result of our new products and marketing efforts, with double-digit retail sales increases in recent months as our new products have begun to take hold. As we further introduce the G6 Convertible this spring and the recently announced G5 Coupe later this fall, we fully expect continued growth in a very competitive market. I know you share my great enthusiasm for Pontiac's potential.

x-GTO Owner still love em ctbeiser's Avatar

Graystone
    2006 Silverado Z-71

I heard last night on the news that GM is dropping the line due to slow sales. It's a sad day for muscle car enthusiasts.....

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

This is the last year for the GTO. Sorry Guys. Go to this site.
    http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../1003&refsect=

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

dont feel too bad, they arent going to make the camaro or firebird either, IT ONLY MEANS YOUR GTO'S ARE NOW GOING TO HOLD THEIR VALUE LIKE A MOFO

Tinton
    I doubt that GM will completely discontinue the GTO, they're probably going to build a new one on the same platform as the Camaro, instead of making a new Firebird. The GTO will probably be slightly larger and more luxury (nice interiors), while the Camaro will be smaller and more brute-force for your buck.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yeah...the chatter around is a GTO for 08 on the same platform as the Camaro....oh well....we shall see....

Red
    1995 Trans Am 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by JEB
    This is the last year for the GTO. Sorry Guys. Go to this site.
    http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../1003&refsect=
    OK folks, take it from one who never had the right timing to get a new Trans Am, get moving now while there is still a little time to order one up.

The Trans Am end was a boom time, dealers getting $$$$ over sticker as folks "had to have". Expect the same on for the GTO.

Its last call, Elvis is head'en for da door!

thelug
    sucks to see it go but maybe ours will be worth 50 million by 2010 haha wishful thinking!

San Marino Blue
    2007 350Z

I just saw that today. What a shame!

Thread Information