Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36

Just picked up an 04!

This is a discussion on Just picked up an 04! within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; The factory plugs are iridium plugs ... they probably needed changing anyways though. lol...

  1. #21
    Member GTO1_OHIO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Melbourne Beach, FL
    Posts
    588

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

    The factory plugs are iridium plugs ... they probably needed changing anyways though. lol

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Clifton Park
    Age
    31
    Posts
    220

    Torrid Red
    04 GTO m6

    hah nice. what about wires? I know a bit how current and resistance work, but is there a marked difference between stock(ACDelco) and the MSD 8mm or Taylor 10.4 mm etc?

  3. #23
    Member GTO1_OHIO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Melbourne Beach, FL
    Posts
    588

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by ls1fan74 View Post
    hah nice. what about wires? I know a bit how current and resistance work, but is there a marked difference between stock(ACDelco) and the MSD 8mm or Taylor 10.4 mm etc?
    I'm using MSD Blaster Coils, NGK TR55IX and Magnecor 8.5 wires. ...more spark is always agood thing.

  4. #24
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    I bought DuraLast wires. Work great for me. In the future, I'll probably buy a set of MSD wires.


    extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Clifton Park
    Age
    31
    Posts
    220

    Torrid Red
    04 GTO m6

    alright we're on a roll here. lol next Q what, if any parts from other (read:more powerful) LSx engines can be bolted on fairly easily? i.e. throttle body(ik the ls2 is drive-by-wire but ls6?) UIM, stuff like that

  6. #26
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    LS2 heads bolt to the LS1 motor.

  7. #27
    Member GTO1_OHIO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Melbourne Beach, FL
    Posts
    588

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by ls1fan74 View Post
    alright we're on a roll here. lol next Q what, if any parts from other (read:more powerful) LSx engines can be bolted on fairly easily? i.e. throttle body(ik the ls2 is drive-by-wire but ls6?) UIM, stuff like that
    The best bang for your buck will be to get some headers. Almost every other engine power mod that you do will need to have them in place first.

  8. #28
    Member 6.0LiterImportEater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    187

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

    How much did you pick that one up for?

    Digging the paint scheme with the 05-06 hood!

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Clifton Park
    Age
    31
    Posts
    220

    Torrid Red
    04 GTO m6

    It was 15,5. I like it too...def. Unique, as far as I've seen. Price wasn't too much under book value, but between the exhaust, tint, hood and vinyls its there somewhere.

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Clifton Park
    Age
    31
    Posts
    220

    Torrid Red
    04 GTO m6

    headers....ugh thats got bad news written all over it. lol I told myself I'd try to keep this car stock for as long as possible! I'm not gonna re-ask questions that I'm sure have been answered before, like the difference between long and short-tubes (I'll search) but how LOUD will my car be? Stock cats w/ a flowmaster american thunder...will it be rediculously loud or just enough to know something's been done to it?

  11. #31
    cutting and welding mark21742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mercersburg pa
    Posts
    6,443

    hugger orange
    2004

    Quote Originally Posted by ls1fan74 View Post
    headers....ugh thats got bad news written all over it. lol I told myself I'd try to keep this car stock for as long as possible! I'm not gonna re-ask questions that I'm sure have been answered before, like the difference between long and short-tubes (I'll search) but how LOUD will my car be? Stock cats w/ a flowmaster american thunder...will it be rediculously loud or just enough to know something's been done to it?
    i wouldn't waste my money on shorties, definately go longtubes if your going to do it. long tubes with cats and full exhaust can still be pretty quiet but have a good tone depending on what cat back you go with, all the way to strait up loud, here is a bunch of sound clips= Best headers, best catback, soundclips etc.

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Clifton Park
    Age
    31
    Posts
    220

    Torrid Red
    04 GTO m6

    nice, thanks. Do you guys know where I can get an exhaust diagram of these different cars (ws6, gto, vette) just to see the difference in how the pipes are routed and put together......I know the goat is manifold-back dual, and a Y pipe is to collect both sides of exhaust manifolds(when its NOT true dual) but whats the purpose of the X and H pipes in some of the other cars, and why would you get an aftermarket one? stock pretty restrictive?

  13. #33
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    Stock cat-back is pretty restrictive. From the manifolds back to the mufflers, the piping is 2-1/2. From the mufflers back to the tailpipes the diameter is 2-1/4. The previous owner of my car installed an SLP Loudmouth I cat-back with the PowerFlo X-pipe. Pretty docile at low RPMs but gets throaty in the higher RPMs. It does have a little drone to it, but I am happy nonetheless.

  14. #34
    Member GTO1_OHIO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Melbourne Beach, FL
    Posts
    588

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Stock cat-back is pretty restrictive. From the manifolds back to the mufflers, the piping is 2-1/2. From the mufflers back to the tailpipes the diameter is 2-1/4. The previous owner of my car installed an SLP Loudmouth I cat-back with the PowerFlo X-pipe. Pretty docile at low RPMs but gets throaty in the higher RPMs. It does have a little drone to it, but I am happy nonetheless.
    The Borla that I have are 2 1/4 also ... they are not restrictive they are the correct size to get the proper exhaust velocity.

  15. #35
    Member PatrizioD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Anus of America; RI
    Posts
    381

    Nero
    2006 gto

    Quote Originally Posted by ls1fan74 View Post
    whats the purpose of the X and H pipes in some of the other cars, and why would you get an aftermarket one? stock pretty restrictive?
    I'd very much like to know this as well...

  16. #36
    cutting and welding mark21742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mercersburg pa
    Posts
    6,443

    hugger orange
    2004

    I'm running 3" Summit bullets off the headers as resonators, then a set of FM super 44's off the bullets and two basicly strait peices of 3" all the way out the back under each side of the IRS. before the motor work it as quiet at/off idle with small amount of drone while cruising, but barked nice and loud a WOT.
    now that the motor work is done its just loud, still sounds good, but its never quiet lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Picked up my 00 ls1 ws6.
    By luvmy00ls1pwrd in forum Member's Rides
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-13-2012, 03:05 PM
  2. just picked one up :)
    By oldschoolmx in forum GTO
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-13-2011, 04:08 PM
  3. just picked up....
    By tigersport14 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-15-2008, 08:14 AM
  4. picked up my 02 ss but
    By 2000 ss in forum General Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-14-2007, 01:00 PM
  5. Picked up a Z06
    By Z06-Goose in forum Rocky Mountain Members
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 12-30-2005, 11:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •