Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Installing 3500 stall

This is a discussion on Installing 3500 stall within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Okay turner or somebody i need help. I was driving today in o/d and once i get to about 40 ...

Millenium Yellow
    2002 Coupe

Okay turner or somebody i need help. I was driving today in o/d and once i get to about 40 the thing wont shift and i just revs without going. If i put it in 3rd and once i go to shift it and press the gas it wont go anywhere. I have a trans cooler so iam hoping its my tune because the tranny fluid isn't burned and iam not throwing any codes. What do i need to do, oh by the way its ledesma54 iam just on a buddy's computer.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by tims02 View Post
    Okay turner or somebody i need help. I was driving today in o/d and once i get to about 40 the thing wont shift and i just revs without going. If i put it in 3rd and once i go to shift it and press the gas it wont go anywhere. I have a trans cooler so iam hoping its my tune because the tranny fluid isn't burned and iam not throwing any codes. What do i need to do, oh by the way its ledesma54 iam just on a buddy's computer.
    I know this might be a dumb ? but you are checking the fluid level when it's running right?

So it drives fine in 3 or drive but if you upshift into O/D it free wheels. . . . . ?
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Millenium Yellow
    2002 Coupe

Ya i checked it while it was running and yes to the second question

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Sounds to me like a solenoid isn't working. You don't know anyone that has a decent scan tool?
    If so you need to take it to them and have them command 4 gear and see what happens.

Red
    04 GTO

No i have to take it to a shop so what do u think the damage to the wallet is going to be if its just that. I had my shift all the way to the firmest side on the diablo u think that did it.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

It shouldn't have. I have many cars like that that are blowing big bottle through LS2 cars and haven't had any tranny issues. Shit that's even with drag radials going low 11's.
    Price I couldn't tell you. Some people charge $50 to hook up the Big Red Brick and others do it for free. . . . . . . . . .

Red
    04 GTO

Ya iam lost i never seen this before and it suxs because i don't know anything about the tranny. What are the signs that 4th gear might be out (burnt tranny fluid, smell,etc....)

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Mine was not on the list either 3000,keeping it tight for them muffler bearing to spool

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    I know this might be a dumb ? but you are checking the fluid level when it's running right?

So it drives fine in 3 or drive but if you upshift into O/D it free wheels. . . . . ?
    the fourth gear is a band on the trans it is weak,sounds like its burnt out to me,call rossler they can fix it for ya they are a sponsor on here stage 2 should do you.
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information