Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arctic White
    2002 A4,WS6

I'm looking at an 05 GTO M6. Help me.

Hi guys.
    I'm looking into buying an 05 Black on Black M6 GTO.
    It has 30,000 miles and is in generaly good condition. Tires are good. Paint is good, but has the common scuffs that one can often expect from black paint.

Problems: Shifter knob is scratched up bad. (rings on the drivers hand maybe) and the plastic piece on the door entry is broke in a corner.

What else should I look for on these cars? Do they have engine knock like my beloved ls1, or is that a thing to worry about in the GTO?

I can get it for $17,500 out the door.

What do they sell for in your area?
    Thanks.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Yea thats a good deal.....make sure its got a clear title.

Metallic Black
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Make sure that when you turn the key that it doesn't get stuck or binded and if it does have the dealership grease it before you buy it. Otherwise I love my GTO and would reccomend them to anyone.

hugger orange

hell yes I say go for it, just to be sure your getting a good deal, if they are strait up with you they should let you take it to your mechanic and have the car checked out under and over if you foot the bill

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Look to see if the front struts (shocks) have rubbed the inside of the front tires and have not leaked all their oil out.

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

i just have a question...i have been contemplating on getting a GTO over another T/A because of the newerness of the car...i like the T/A but im really liking the GTO too and for some reason the 6.0 GTO I test drove felt like it could walk all over the Firehawk i had...both M6 cars

my question..why would you recommend the GTO over a t/a or camaro?..what made you choose yours?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yes....quality build. No rattles/squeaks etc. I mean quality build.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Performance is very similar between the 3 but the interior quality of the GTO is so much better. Leather seats, dash, door panels, etc. Engine a little easier to work on with the GTO as well for it doesn't sit as far back as the Camaro/TA.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk01 View Post
    i just have a question...i have been contemplating on getting a GTO over another T/A because of the newerness of the car...i like the T/A but im really liking the GTO too and for some reason the 6.0 GTO I test drove felt like it could walk all over the Firehawk i had...both M6 cars

my question..why would you recommend the GTO over a t/a or camaro?..what made you choose yours?
    the gto is an extremely nice car inside and out. It's a much more refined car vs the f-body. I would like to have both......oh wait..... I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kup98ss View Post
    Hi guys.
    I'm looking into buying an 05 Black on Black M6 GTO.
    It has 30,000 miles and is in generaly good condition. Tires are good. Paint is good, but has the common scuffs that one can often expect from black paint.

Problems: Shifter knob is scratched up bad. (rings on the drivers hand maybe) and the plastic piece on the door entry is broke in a corner.

What else should I look for on these cars? Do they have engine knock like my beloved ls1, or is that a thing to worry about in the GTO?

I can get it for $17,500 out the door.

What do they sell for in your area?
    Thanks.
    my brother just bought an 06 for $22.5. I forget the mileage but it wasn't a whole lot....teens to low 20's.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk01 View Post

gto is a better made car ,comes with more power,far better handling,interior with way more leg room,,brakes and not every other car on the road is the same thing,not like having a camaro,rustang etc.but heck dont take my word for it go drive one! and do yourself a favor find a nice curvy rd. to test drive it on..lol
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

BRAZEN ORANGE
    2006 GTO

I was looking for a over a year for a gto. They are so far and few inbetween you dont see them often. I think it is a great bang for the buck and it does not have the bla interior of a gm car.
    Last edited by JIMTINT; 08-15-2008 at 05:54 PM.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by JIMTINT View Post
    I was looking for a over a year for a gto. They are so far and few inbetween you dont see them often. I think it is a great bang for the buck and it does not have the bla interior of a gm car.
    should have gotten on the net, dealers are all linked to it,heck I know of several,not new ones of course but they are around.

BRAZEN ORANGE
    2006 GTO

I did wait but found one that was tucked in a garage never in rain, and only 3,600 miles on it. Love the car cant wait to go to the GTO show at on the border tomorrow atleast 150 GTO's are regestered.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

sounds like great time,congrads on finding one.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

I love mine and that would have been a good deal, the only problem I have had with mine is it wore out the first set of tires in 12,000 miles! Some of it was hard driving but all 4 wheels were out of alignment. The dealer did the alignment and got some new tires in for me, of which I paid 1/2, did clean all the rubber off the inner wells first

BRAZEN ORANGE
    2006 GTO

The on the Border show today had great weather and i would guess over 150 04-06GTO's. An incrediable day in all and to top it off I brought home a 3rd place trophy is the stock class. My kids thought it was the greatest thing they had to take turns up front with the trophy.

NBM
    98 trans am

what do the ls1 GTOs run stock in the quarter?

BRAZEN ORANGE
    2006 GTO

Tigersport I do not know what the ls1 runs in the quater sorry

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by JIMTINT View Post
    Tigersport I do not know what the ls1 runs in the quater sorry
    whoops i meant to say ls2, my bad. do you know about those?

BRAZEN ORANGE
    2006 GTO

I do not know know for sure. from what I have read they are are getting
    13.3-13.5. Next month I will be going to ATCO and I will find out exactly what a stock M6 runs JIM

Thread Information