red
    1998 Z28

Illustrated: Pontiac G8 Coupe

http://www.leftlanenews.com/pontiac-g8-coupe.html

Illustrated: Pontiac G8 Coupe
    February 29, 01:45pm EST

Yesterday evening, we brought you the first ever images of Holden's new Coupe 60 concept car — essentially a two-door version of the Commodore. Holden is GM's Australian subsidiary, and the Commodore is currently sold in America as the Pontiac G8. So what might a Pontiac G8 coupe look like if produced? A heck of a lot like the Coupe 60 concept, of course.

Following yesterday's debut, our artists put together two illustrations of how a Pontiac version of the car might look.

GM has said it has no plans for a new Pontiac Firebird muscle car to complement the new Camaro, but company PR man Jim R. Hopson recently said the automaker is considering offering a rear-wheel-drive Pontiac coupe nonetheless.

If the Firebird name is out of the question, the next logical choice would be GTO. Unfortunately, many enthusiasts feel that name has been damaged in recent years due to the lackluster design of the previous GTO.

What's more, the last GTO was a low-volume vehicle with a powerful V8 engine only. GM likely wants its next Pontiac coupe to be higher volume and available with a V6, which makes the GTO name seem even less likely.

All of this leads us to believe the next rear-drive Pontiac coupe will simply be called G8 Coupe, following the naming scheme of the G6 sedan, coupe, and convertible.

Holden says it hasn't yet decided if the Coupe 60 will go into production, but sources say it's a very strong possibility. Exporting a Pontiac variant to the United States would be easy and very cost effective. Given the popularity of the G8 sedan, it would also be a smart move.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

I dont care what they say the GTO was and is one of the baddest cars ever made,like i have said before when has GM or for that matter anyone ever produced a car with the hp and creature comforts of the 04-06 GTO,if you have ridden in one you would know .Just bacause the car was not massed produced,who cares i love my car and i also like the idea that I have something unique,take a look at the new camaro they just copied MY GTO..lmao

1966 Corvette Coupe

I think its sweet.... looks sooooo much better than a cavalier... i mean gto... i wont think that is a civic when im comming up from the back... but i must say i like the fact that all gto's are v8...

NBM
    99 TA

Def. looks alot like the holden 60

98 Formula
    06 duramax

it's all just a name but styling wise it sure looks like a remodeled GTO. I like it but I also like the 04-06 GTO's styling. I like the sleeper look. People don't know what it is or think it's a 6 banger and then get schooled.

NBM
    1998 Z-28

I would like to see a G8 coupe or GTO, I think that the 04-06 GTO's were great in my opinion

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    Def. looks alot like the holden 60

Click for full size

that is a awsome car ..and with the LS2 .. I would get one ..

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

if it rides, performs and handles like a gto it will be a very nice car,looks similar, then again its made in the same place.
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

Black/Black
    96 Vert Z28-RIP/94 TT Z28

This car looks sick! I would definitly buy one of these. When the 04-06 GTO's came out I was a bit disappointed with the styling, but after a buddy of mine purchased an 05 last year...I've changed my tune! I love the interior styling and actually like the exterior styling a lot more now that I've had plenty of time to take it all in. The pull this car has also surprised me, I didn't expect a car that heavy to pull that hard! It even tempted me originally to think about getting one, but I'll wait for the Camaro instead!
    2 heads are better than 1!

Thread Information