Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

I want an '04 exhaust with 05-06 tips!!!!

Hello, I'm new here. I've been wanting to do things to my GTO for awhile now, and have decided to take the plunge.

My first quandry is why no one manufacturer's an exhaust system for an '04 with the 05-06 style large outlet??? If there is someone, please let me know. I've seen a few kits that have the dual outlet style tips for either side, but I'm not a fan of that look. I think the 05-06's look great! I realize I can buy an exhaust kit, then have a company weld different tips on, but with an exhaust system costing $700-$900, then having to spend $200-$300 for good SS tips, and an install, I'm left with a bad taste in my mouth.

Other than that, I love my GTO. Impulse blue, automatic. I bought it new in november 04 when they were clearing them out for the new '05's. I traded my '02 Z28 in for it, and only paid $27.5K(not counting trade)!!! I liked how fast my Z28 was, but thought the build quality was rather poor, and I need a car with rear seat leg room as I had one daughter at the time(now 2). I recently bought a truck that I use as my main form of transportation, so the GTO gets to rest in the garage. I want to treat her nice, and keep hert that way.

My other short term goals for her are to install an '05-06 hood, and get an intake and programmer for her. I've done the heavy modification thing in the past, and decided I didn't like dumping money in the car to keep up with the modification or to fix broken parts caused by the mod. Eventually, I may install a supercharger, but that would be waaaay down the line. Anyway, glad to be here.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Glad your here and welcome. Yeah the mod bug does bite hard dont he
    Borla makes some nice tips for the 04's.....you should check out the various aftermarket hoods for the 04's...the Banshee is really nice...
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

Which one is that? I'm familiar with the RKsport hood, and don't like it as much as the stock '05-'06 unit. I haven't seen any others.

I think it would be cool if more people offered hoods or ground effects for the GTO's. SO far, I've really only seen the RKsport offerings, and don't care for any of it.

I'd like a different spoiler, and I think it would be cool if someone made a hood with a reverse duct, like on some of the Mustang Cobra's, and Saleens. I've also seen it on imports. It's basically like a cowl hood, but inversed, and reversed, so that it has a recessed opening in the front of the hood, instead of a raise at the rear. I'll try to find a pic of what I want.

04 GTO QuickSilver
    95 MarkVIII wifey white

Welcome goat bro. At least you are checking out/researching before you pull the trigger. My 04 has the sap front bumper and hood. I am not a fan of the plain hood for the 04's and my front end has the autox kidneys which I like.
    There are a million and one exhaust avenues which as you research through, you will come up with something. I finally decided to go with magnaflow SS catback and the two 3" tips are fine by me.There are some very good Stainless systems out there at a good price and if you decide to get one, you can pm me and I'll turn you on to a coupon code that will get you hugh savings.Its not a very big secret but in respect to our vendors/sponsers, I wont post. If not, good luck whichever way you go.
    04/A4 Quicksilver
    Magnflow catback-Resonator delete
    K&N drop in
    SAP front Grills and 05 hood
    Limo tinted windows-Gets me pulled over alot
    Diablosport Predator (RWTD) tune.

Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

Corsa makes both an oval tip and round tip. I have the oval and am not a fan. Only seen pictures of the round tip on Corsa's site.
    Rob
    04 GTO
    96 WS6

Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

Thanks guys for the advice.

I may just take it somewhere and have a custom exhaust done. EIther that, or I'll buy the Borla kit, and take it to the shop to have different tips installed. I'm familiar with Magnaflow products(I had an exhaust of theirs on my MUstang), and would prefer to get a kit of theirs, but I think it would be a PITA to use their kit, and have a shop splice on a new front section.

Thread Information