I need a special welding job done...

This is a discussion on I need a special welding job done... within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; It's an unusual welding job. I need something welded that looks like shit, has huge clumps of shit all over ...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I need a special welding job done...

It's an unusual welding job. I need something welded that looks like shit, has huge clumps of shit all over it, rust, and pin holes. Know anyone that can do that for me???

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    It's an unusual welding job. I need something welded that looks like shit, has huge clumps of shit all over it, rust, and pin holes. Know anyone that can do that for me???
    ,I have an idea you come use my welder smartass,,,lol that was stainless with reg wire,give a guy a break.I also have a new tig think ou can use it...hehe
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    ,I have an idea you come use my welder smartass,,,lol that was stainless with reg wire,give a guy a break.I also have a new tig think ou can use it...hehe
    so you know someone?

you taking a grill to the track day in April? If you do I'll see how many deer steaks I have and I'll marinade us up some.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

so you know someone?

you taking a grill to the track day in April? If you do I'll see how many deer steaks I have and I'll marinade us up some.
    yes [I] do know this guy,he drives a slow ugly yellow car...I will take the grill,if you play the cook..sounds gooood..

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I'll have to take inventory on my deer steaks. There will be 2 others with me plus me and you and gto1. That's alot of fat ass' trying to eat up all my deer steaks.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I could also smoke something here the day before and just toss it on the grill to heat it up. That's an idea too.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I know a guy over at LS1GTO.COM that is their champion welder....named qwkgto or something. LS1GTO.COM has entire threads dedicated to his welding abilities. Mebbe you could get in touch with him through Doric.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I know a guy over at LS1GTO.COM that is their champion welder....named qwkgto or something. LS1GTO.COM has entire threads dedicated to his welding abilities. Mebbe you could get in touch with him through Doric.
    I saw that thread......he's talented. I think that piece over there was welded blind folded......under water......one handed.....at night.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

I'll have to take inventory on my deer steaks. There will be 2 others with me plus me and you and gto1. That's alot of fat ass' trying to eat up all my deer steaks.
    Im sure we can get some other to bring the meat for you to fry up..lol...Ill bring some deer hamburger,got a freezer full..

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    Im sure we can get some other to bring the meat for you to fry up..lol...Ill bring some deer hamburger,got a freezer full..
    we'll come up with something. Grilled deer burger kinda sucks unless you add suet to it. I added some to mine this year and it's a night and day difference. I will probably only be able to stay until ~1:30 or so because my wife has to work. I'm gonna try to get grandpa to watch the kids that day so I can stay longer if I want too.
    Went today and bought MT ET drag radials. I'm getting them mounted on spare rims next week sometime and my line lock will be here next week. See if we can't finally get a respectable 60' and 1320 time. My bro was making fun of me because now I have those for the track and Nitto drag radials for everyday use. MT's just don't last long enough to run on the street.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

tell him shut the mouth,your right thats why I have two sets one for race one for street,I also mix stuff with my deer burger,its better that way no fat though,I like it lean.those MT should get you some 1.6 somthing 60s.I am sure when we get closer to the rental we can get a few others to bring some things for the grill and or drinks,SilverGTO will bring stuff as well im sure there will be around 5 or 6 of us guys.I do think I will get a new grill a portabl one would be better for the track days,thinking one of those colemans,they even have a cooler attached to some of them. headed to garage hoping to finish goat up today and take a spin
    Last edited by qwkgto; 03-23-2009 at 06:22 PM.

Silver
    06 Pontiac GTO

I will be there too.I got a spot yesterday.I can take something also.Looking forward to it should be fun.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by SilverGTO View Post
    I will be there too.I got a spot yesterday.I can take something also.Looking forward to it should be fun.
    did you want in on the "how many runs before qwkgto's rear goes BOOM" pool we're starting? Might want to bring one of those spares with you Roger and we'll change it out.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

did you want in on the "how many runs before qwkgto's rear goes BOOM" pool we're starting? Might want to bring one of those spares with you Roger and we'll change it out.
    I aint scared.well see,i think if I change them hub to stubs ill be ok,who knows Ive went 10s alot on stock rear.

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

I can do all that and either get my welder's tip stuck to the piece or blast a hole through it.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by thearborbarber View Post
    I can do all that and either get my welder's tip stuck to the piece or blast a hole through it.
    hmmmm seems qwkgto might have a little competition. Let me ask you this though. Do you have some kind of lame excuse why it's like that? Like, do you say " I was trying to weld stainless with regular wire" or something like that? Just throwing that out there as an example.

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

Nope, my welding just plain sucks and I use the some is good more is better philosophy.
    Last edited by thearborbarber; 03-24-2009 at 07:27 PM.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

hmmmm seems qwkgto might have a little competition. Let me ask you this though. Do you have some kind of lame excuse why it's like that? Like, do you say " I was trying to weld stainless with regular wire" or something like that? Just throwing that out there as an example.
    Oh you are so getting it,besides get it right was wrong wire ,wrong type of gas,you just come on down I want to see your welding abilities.maybe you can show me how to weld with my new tig as well...

Thread Information