Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

How they have fallen

This is a discussion on How they have fallen within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by cammed goat I'm remembering the sh1t with that SableGTO member. Came on here talkin sh1t and got ...

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I'm remembering the sh1t with that SableGTO member. Came on here talkin sh1t and got banned the same day. Talk about fast service.
    I'm not sure what he was trying to accomplish by coming here. He removed my moderator powers on his site for deleting posts that were no more then personal attacks. He said that me doing so caused trouble. So basically his policy on his site is it's cool to act and post whatever because he won't delete it. I guess he honestly thought that he could act that way here too.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO View Post
    I'm not sure what he was trying to accomplish. He removed my moderator powers on his site for deleting posts that were no more then personal attacks. He said that me doing so caused trouble. So basically his policy on hos site is it's cool to act and post whatever. I guess he honestly thought that he could act that way here too.
    And he got bit in the @$$ for his own bullsh1t. C'est la vie. Folks try to be billy-bad-asses and they get caught in the end.

And that motherf####r thought if he plead with you long enough you'd go back...GET REAL!!!

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

It happens alot over there. Kinda like when a few members asked me to post non street racing advice on their threads...and the ones who asked me to do so were event coordinators...and they knifed me in the back. Fk em.
    Yeah I guess I should have qualified that it happens on all the posts over there now and thats whats killing that site. The new owners ...
    Last edited by GTO1_OHIO; 03-15-2009 at 07:22 PM.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I've been to alot of other sites but found this one to be the best all around. Mostly good people, good jokes,etc. One of the "GM" news forums had people listed as "GM Certified Mechanics" Did'nt even know how to rotate FWD engine to get to the spark plugs against the fire wall!

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I think the worst is when one of the backstabbers from that forum stalks you on MS. had that happen to me. Got a threatening email and reported it to the mods. He should have been banned, but, since he is NOW "friends" with a site sponsor, he can get away with his threats. But, the site sponsor IS NOW sponsoring the stalkers new forum. They smile in each other's face and twist the knife when the other isn't looking. The stalker told me that I had no friends in GONE, but, I still get emails/pm's from friends checking on me and wanting to hang out. And now my friends hardly post on LS1GTO. They are getting sick of the bullsh1t. Here, we are all GROWNUPS.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Doric is the ultimate hypocrite. Chris White has fucked this guy over. Then when called out Chris starts name calling ( immature and unprofessional) The Doric deletes the entire thread. No history of any of this guys bad experience with Chris White. All gone.
    Then in another thread Doric sez this
    Quote Originally Posted by Doric
    Just to add my . I agree that this thread is denigrating into a bash fest - but I see chance575 being bashed, not Rocksand Racing.

Remember, guys - a Buyer Feedback thread is exactly that. A buyer (or potential buyer) is posting up their experience. It is not your place to tell them they're wrong. The matter is between that individual and the vendor in question.

Cheers.
    What a hypocritical fucking douchebag.

Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    I've been to alot of other sites but found this one to be the best all around. Mostly good people, good jokes,etc. One of the "GM" news forums had people listed as "GM Certified Mechanics" Did'nt even know how to rotate FWD engine to get to the spark plugs against the fire wall!
    Remove front engine mount bolts, push car forward in park, set ebrake...

And I am not a mechanic by any means.

...but I do own a 2001 Impala
    Last edited by Y2KArcticSS; 03-16-2009 at 08:10 AM.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Doric is the ultimate hypocrite. Chris White has fucked this guy over. Then when called out Chris starts name calling ( immature and unprofessional) The Doric deletes the entire thread. No history of any of this guys bad experience with Chris White. All gone.
    Then in another thread Doric sez this
    What a hypocritical fucking douchebag.
    I think I remember that thread. Wasn't that the thread about someone's steering rack crappin out from RockSand Racing and Frank from RockSand Racing tried to deny it?

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    Remove front engine mount bolts, push car forward in park, set ebrake...

And I am not a mechanic by any means.

...but I do own a 2001 Impala
    Yep and some have a bolt hole in the bottom of the mount. This is so you can "pin" it there in that position! The guy at the other site told me I did'nt know what I was talking about. HUm seemed pretty stait forward to me. Gave me this whole story of how he'd been a GM tech for years and never heard of that. I was like: WTF! I hate know it alls!!!!!!

I got that z34 in my profile and thats exactly how I do it too..
    Last edited by Smittro; 03-16-2009 at 03:04 PM.

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Yep and some have a bolt hole in the bottom of the mount. This is so you can "pin" it there in that position! The guy at the other site told me I did'nt know what I was talking about. HUm seemed pretty stait forward to me. Gave me this whole story of how he'd been a GM tech for years and never heard of that. I was like: WTF! I hate know it alls!!!!!!
    Me too. Don't know if the Impala has that bolt hole or not, have to look. The ebrake trick worked just fine though I actually learned that from my dad, and he's not a mechanic either by trade.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I got that z34 in my profile and thats exactly how I do it too..
    Yeah, tell me about it. On the GTO forum, I got flamed for tryin to help out other GTO owners. I work for an independently owned GoodYear and told some folks that I'd be willing to help the members from northern NJ/NY. Other members got heated and told me I didn't have a clue what I was talking about. I'm not ASE certified, BUT, I have been in the field for going on 14 years. I love turnin wrenches. For someone to tell me I can't help another car enthusiast out is complete HORSESH!T!!!!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

LS1GTO.COM

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    LS1GTO.COM
    Click for full size
    Click for full size

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Yeah, tell me about it. On the GTO forum, I got flamed for tryin to help out other GTO owners. I work for an independently owned GoodYear and told some folks that I'd be willing to help the members from northern NJ/NY. Other members got heated and told me I didn't have a clue what I was talking about. I'm not ASE certified, BUT, I have been in the field for going on 14 years. I love turnin wrenches. For someone to tell me I can't help another car enthusiast out is complete HORSESH!T!!!!
    In here I did a complete walk through here on installing and removal of a standard trany for people who dont have access to a lift. I would never been able to do that on that other site. Well not with out having it deleted.

PS. I even listed some of the "tricks" I used. The other site frouned on this stating "Members should not list tips that are not supported in tech manuals"..... Two days later I registered here and never looked back!
    Last edited by Smittro; 03-16-2009 at 08:09 PM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Me too. Don't know if the Impala has that bolt hole or not, have to look. The ebrake trick worked just fine though I actually learned that from my dad, and he's not a mechanic either by trade.
    Yeah some fwd mounts have it some dont. I use both if I can.

PS. If it has it, it will be a loop under the "dogbone" mount on the to of the rad support. Just put the bolt though the loop hole and through the welded or bolted mount and it's "pinned" safe and sound.
    Last edited by Smittro; 03-16-2009 at 08:13 PM.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

In here I did a complete walk through here on installing and removal of a standard trany for people who dont have access to a lift. I would never been able to do that on that other site. Well not with out having it deleted.

PS. I even listed some of the "tricks" I used. The other site frouned on this stating "Members should not list tips that are not supported in tech manuals"..... Two days later I registered here and never looked back!
    I hear ya. Now a few friends of mine from the GTO forum are emailing me asking if I'm gonna attend the meets. I am up in the air on this one. A few members have totally ruined the GTO forum. I used to enjoy the big GTO meets but now, I am not so sure. I was raised to distance myself from the troublemakers. But I have my own little GTO crowd who, like me, stay out of trouble.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

I hear ya. Now a few friends of mine from the GTO forum are emailing me asking if I'm gonna attend the meets. I am up in the air on this one. A few members have totally ruined the GTO forum. I used to enjoy the big GTO meets but now, I am not so sure. I was raised to distance myself from the troublemakers. But I have my own little GTO crowd who, like me, stay out of trouble.
    Me too. trouble makers mess things up for everyone.

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Yeah some fwd mounts have it some dont. I use both if I can.

PS. If it has it, it will be a loop under the "dogbone" mount on the to of the rad support. Just put the bolt though the loop hole and through the welded or bolted mount and it's "pinned" safe and sound.
    I'll remember that if there's a next time, the Impala has 180k+ miles...not sure how much longer that lil v6 is gonna last. And the next car will be a black SS for the wife (4th gen of course ) so no more fwd for us, at least for a while.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Wifey's Grocery Getter
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

I'll remember that if there's a next time, the Impala has 180k+ miles...not sure how much longer that lil v6 is gonna last. And the next car will be a black SS for the wife (4th gen of course ) so no more fwd for us, at least for a while.
    LOL! I dont know if you have kids but start makin' babies and you'll be lookin' FWD!LOL! My little one loves the sound of Daddys' FWD. It was just something to tool around with till that little pooper came along. This spring I'm putting twin scews on a new build. Give it some new life. It's a little hard to get the little one in and out of my Camaro. Little stinker cries when she's in the Camaro.LOL But the sound of my old tuner soothes her to sleep.LOL Must be somethin' about the music of a custom tuned quad cam v6.LOL

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

LOL! I dont know if you have kids but start makin' babies and you'll be lookin' FWD!LOL! My little one loves the sound of Daddys' FWD. It was just something to tool around with till that little pooper came along. This spring I'm putting twin scews on a new build. Give it some new life. It's a little hard to get the little one in and out of my Camaro. Little stinker cries when she's in the Camaro.LOL But the sound of my old tuner soothes her to sleep.LOL Must be somethin' about the music of a custom tuned quad cam v6.LOL
    I got 2 boys and the SS is my DD They love it, the older son (3) makes car noises all the time and has a TON of Hot Wheels The younger one (3 months) gets lulled to sleep by the drone of the exhaust.

Granted it is difficult to get them in and out, but it's not that bad. Still going to keep the Impala, but I just don't trust it to go the 100+ miles a day anymore.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information