Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

How fast is the GTO?

This is a discussion on How fast is the GTO? within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Go test drive one. Mileage aint that bad on the highway. 25-30 if you keep your foot out of it. ...

Steel Chicken
    Go test drive one. Mileage aint that bad on the highway. 25-30 if you keep your foot out of it. Weight without driver is 3700 lbs.

Its not a F-Body...its in a totally different class of car. Just happens to have either an LS1 or an LS2 engine in it.

White
    1992 Chevi Beretta GTZ

I can't test because its not e car produced in masses and shipped official to europe. So the FEW ones here are from private persons imported. =(

Red
    02 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Im not tryin to say GTO's are slow. I like them. I just expressin my opinion on them. The cars that i raced are both 400hp and A4's. Not tryin to get anyone ticked off at me or anything. Maybe the people that i raced just didnt happen to know how to push the gas all the way down, WHO KNOWS...

Bermuda Mica Blue
    99 VT SII SS Commodore

Hey Guys,

i'm new to your site, and you all make me laugh! (in a good way). I'm from australia and we have heaps of Monaro's (GTO in the rest of the world) putting out 600+kw's. i drive a SS LS1 sedan and it is close to 200rwkw's without alot of mods, just intake, cat back zorst, plugs, leads, oil & filter. keep up the good work and have fun.

next on the modifying list is a set of extractors, cold air induction same as H8Machine's Picture the K&N one, LS1edit and i am hoping for close to 250+rwks 330+rwhp.

Steve

Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

Don't see why you shouldn't reach those goals with those mods. Nice car
    Rob
    04 GTO
    96 WS6

Bermuda Mica Blue
    99 VT SII SS Commodore

thanks

Hey Rob,

thanks for that, so what's your car running.

Steve

Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Auto Parts
    Hey Rob,

thanks for that, so what's your car running.

Steve
    Best so far is a 12.57@111. That should get better now after putting LS6 heads on today

Bermuda Mica Blue
    99 VT SII SS Commodore

damn sounds nice, i will let you know once i have done the last of the mods to my car and run it down the qtr.

GTwhOa
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramairgod
    Im not tryin to say GTO's are slow. I like them. I just expressin my opinion on them. The cars that i raced are both 400hp and A4's. Not tryin to get anyone ticked off at me or anything. Maybe the people that i raced just didnt happen to know how to push the gas all the way down, WHO KNOWS...

My best 1/8 when completely stock/stock tires on my '04 GTO was 8.45@83mph, if that helps you have an indicator of the '04 (ls1) bone stock performance. The 05's have 50 more horses.

Quicksilver Metallic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by H8machine
    yeah i also so the tires & wheels will be a problem on the GTO. the 17" comes with 225!! Thats just 20mm bigger then my wheels on my GTZ!
    Um, my '05 GTO came with 245 17's. Still not big enough, but bigger than 225 like you said. I miss the 275's I had on my Firehawk that I traded in!

Ghost Rider
    I heard somewhere that bigger rims take away horsepower even if they weigh the same as stock. Something about the point of inertia being further away from the center of the wheel. Is this true?

dont forget that the 6spd GTO's have the same transmission gearing as the Z06 and the F-Bodies have the same gearing as the standard C5.

I've gone 12.9 at 109+ 3X in a row with my 05 A4. Its stock.

Blue
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge
    I beat the shit out of a guy in a bar in Switzerland once....anyway....I think he was a fucking German though...I dunno.....how fast? How fast you want it? It's American Motor muscle man....lots of aftermarket shit bolts right on.....straight from the factory in Australia......sorta a pussy car if you know what I mean......dyno tune...some simple bolt ons...and your a Swiss Fucking Beast man....Ik leefde in Europa vele jaren. Niets slaat een goede Amerikaanse V8.....nothing....
    yeah listen to what he says........course he had to use the cheater gas

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Your just jealous cuz NX don't make a slant six kit.

What is with the new Goats? Are they better than the F-Bodys? And what if we compare them with the new Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8? =)

Impulse Blue Metallic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by H8machine View Post
    I can't test because its not e car produced in masses and shipped official to europe. So the FEW ones here are from private persons imported. =(

you can and should get one.

Vauxhaull Monaro??? Chevrolet Lumina??? both avaliable alot closer to you out in Europe and the Middle East. Same exact car, different bumpers. swap em and some badges, and you have a GTO.

GTO and F-Bodies are completely different cars that share a similar heart, both are nice, but god I can't wait to get rid of my trans am. bought it for a beater, and the rattles and shitty ride are killing me after two months.

spice red metallic
    2006 GTO

I feel compelled to chime in, the car I owned before my 2006 GTO was a 2002 Camaro SS. Let's compare the two- Ride quality not even close the GTO conquers the open road with gusto compared to the lumber wagon ride quality of my SS. My SS had an aftermarket torque arm, subframe connector's and boxed lower control arms- My GTO so far has just Pedder's gas sport riders struts and shocks along with Pedder's oem springs. As for acceleration the SS seemed faster out of the hole but on the open road my GTO would walk away from it. Last night I decided to test the governer on the GTO, I'm tooling along at 60 mph so I put my foot into it shift from fourth to fifth around 100 and before you know it I'm sailing along at 160 bumping into the governer and all the time the car is glued to the road without a wiggle, it felt like I was doing maybe 120 cause it was so effortless and quiet inside the car.

Impulse Blue Matallic
    2005 GTO

The GTO dyno's more then 330whp stock.

This is a bone stock '05 on a 100 degree day in Prescott, AZ. That is at 5386ft elevation. Very high and low oxygen.

Another from TX. THis was a 91 degree day, but the elevation was much lower.

Awaiting Activation

Quicksilver
    2004 Pontiac GTO

If you're talking "STock",the GTO IS FAST! Most haters won't acknowledge the car's potential and usually end up talking "mods". In my book, any car capable of twelves and thirteens right out of the box is fast. Is it the fastest? Depends on who you race.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information