Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

How fast is the 06 GTO

This is a discussion on How fast is the 06 GTO within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Fedge 4 door what? hehheh....

Quote Originally Posted by Fedge View Post
    4 door what?
    hehheh.

Yellow
    04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    hehheh.
    hahaha I was gonna ask the same, 4 door what.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by kj16 View Post
    I just picked up an 04 GTO and it rides much nicer than my 98 Z28 did. Speed wise since I had some minor mods to the Z28 I would say the GTO pulls just a little harder. Both are great cars but as far as a DD nothing beats the comfort of the GTO.
    i will take my ss any day over the gto. looks much better

Quote Originally Posted by rrgray8 View Post
    i will take my ss any day over the gto. looks much better
    +1 on that

Black
    06 Chevy Caprice HT (RIP)

No dis-respect guys, but old can't always win...

I say this cause with the ever changin technology, Life is more than a straight line 400mtrs long...There are curves, speed bumps and long distance runs...

Come on i spanked a BMW 540 with a 2006 Caprice (Holden Statesman)

Quote Originally Posted by Naf View Post
    No dis-respect guys, but old can't always win...

I say this cause with the ever changin technology, Life is more than a straight line 400mtrs long...There are curves, speed bumps and long distance runs...

Come on i spanked a BMW 540 with a 2006 Caprice (Holden Statesman)
    whooha, nice kill. spank those imports

+1 I agree.. suspension, handling, performance is better in the '03 and on yrs.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

+1 on that
    by the way sweet t/a u have

Quote Originally Posted by rrgray8 View Post
    by the way sweet t/a u have
    thanks mate, it will be on the calendar with my wife posing. she's got the October spot

Spice Red
    06 GTO A4

I havean intake and catback exhaust for my only mods. My 06 A4 GTO ran
    13.3 @ 104 mph last weekend. Another guy I met ran
    13.2 @ 104 mph in his bone stock 06 A4 GTO. The M6 GTOs seem to have higher trap speeds, but the A4s are much easier to get off the line fast.

There are plenty of LS2 M6 GTOs running high 13s- to 14s because of wheel hop and lack of driver skill. But with a skilled driver the M6 is a high 12 - low 13s sec car. But it takes a skilled driver to get it down the track fast. The A4 is much easier to pull low 13s. But as mentioned, trap speeds are usually a few mph lower than the M6s (on average).

Most the guys trapping 108mph in stock GTOs are running at tracks in the North East (ATCO for example) or in cool air with low DA. Most the stock GTOs in my area are trapping 104-105 mph or so.

I agree A4 is nice for track, M6 is best at cornering and high speed curving,

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

thanks mate, it will be on the calendar with my wife posing. she's got the October spot
    have u ever seen a bandit t/a in person or have any pics of one ? when does the calender come out ? U got any pics u can post of your wife posing with your car ? give us an early preview

never seen a bandit one..
    they're going to do an early preview, sneak preview I guess shortly.. just follow the Calendar thread closely, I get word Jaison the design artist will do a sneak preview.

Yellow
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by LS2GTO View Post
    I have to say having own both a 2000 SS and an 05 GTO stock for stock they run nearly the same in the quarter. ET's are in the mid 13's with a good launch. Hookin one at the track is much harder than an f-body. Maybe the 05 have slight edge over the 04 LS1 version GTO in ET. But mod for mod the LS2 has the advantage in power.

And regarding octane booster. If you've ever seen what it does to your heads and cylinder walls you'll never use it again. Prolong use of octane booster causes rust in your heads. I know this first hand when I swaped heads. My suggestion is to go with 100 trick fuel if you can find it at your local gas station to boost your octane.
    Cool, I also sold a 2000 SS for a 05 GTO. SS was M6 with the shitty stock clutch, 13.6, 107. GTO 13.3, 111, A4. G-tech #'s. That's why the MPH is high.
    Last edited by ericwilloughby; 11-26-2006 at 06:56 PM.

Yellow
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Unless your running 40* of timing or 150 real hp unit your wasting money on octane booster........
    Unless your cylinder pressure is high you will actually see a loss in hp by putting higher octane......
    The higher the # the slower it burns.......There fore when you run a 100 octane and you really only need 92 the flame travel in the combustion chamber is way off for optimal power.

That's my 2 cents..
    This is true. Light a bond fire with 93 and then try 2 cycle gas. Every neighbor came out and wondered what exploded, their windows shook so damn hard. I was safe enough to turn the other direction as the flame front blew past me throwing lumber as it went.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

+

Nero
    2006 gto

Ok then, this thread is a couple years old, so we should have some new insights. HEre's mine....
    My friend has a 96 z/28 that we used to cruise to Cape Cod (about 100 miles) The trip felt like 300, plus we were both physically exhausted from the drive. In my 2006 GTO, it felt like 50 miles of Heaven. Racing an Audi S6 and Merc CLK430, the GTO pulverized. The Z woudlnt have held up at top end like the Goat, that much I know for sure. And the GTO is 10X as sexy IMO

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

totally agree,the GTO is far the best damn thing ever produced by GM too bad it had to come from down under,at least its got a GM drive train in it,as far as i am concerned the car handles,stops and is the most comfortable car I have yet to ride in,ive said before if you get out of a goat and you dont have a smile on your face,you are scared to death or just dont like cars!
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    Where can you get 100 octane??? I don't see that at to many gas stations around here! I'm lucky to find 93 without corn juice in it!!!
    theres a shell gas station here in minnesota that has 100, its like 7.63 a gallon, I was surprized though never seen it before in my life at a gas station till then, wonder if it would make THAT much of a difference performance wise if I were to fill up on it, dont matter anyway cause I cant afford it LoL

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by 1 RedHot TransAm View Post
    theres a shell gas station here in minnesota that has 100, its like 7.63 a gallon, I was surprized though never seen it before in my life at a gas station till then, wonder if it would make THAT much of a difference performance wise if I were to fill up on it, dont matter anyway cause I cant afford it LoL
    we have a few gas stations around here that sell 10a 114 leaded race fuel and 100 octane unleaded, but yeah price is a bit steep. this year NASCAR has to run all unleaded fuel so if you have a decent size track around your area you should beable to buy 114 unleaded there, or worse comes to worse order a drum of it with a few of your buddies

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information