Thread: Help on GTO

N/A
    N/A

Help on GTO

Im getting ready to get my dream car witch is a 2006 gto im look to do a little modding on it an would like to know what parts make good power an what dont im wanting 500hp to the ground with out spray or forced induction mods so is this possible with cam,heads,intake, full exhaust, an tune

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

You should be able to get 500 to the ground N/A. H/C/I and longtubes/catback should get you there. Check out our sponsors for more info.

Red w/ silver Stripes
    2000 WS6 6 Speed

What motor? 500 to the ground is feasible but a very tough task running a stock bottom end. Especially NA. But as cammed goat said above the best start is H/C/I.

hugger orange

If you have the money to spend...(honestly around $10,000) you can easily make well over that number with a 402-408 stroker, forged bottom end, good heads ( your stock heads can be ported milled and bigger valves dropped in to save some money) fuel pump, injectors, intake, exhaust, cam and tune.

If you have a tight budget (like most of us) get an exhaust and tune, then put money into a good set of springs, poly bushing kit, and shocks so you can hook and handle better when you do more engine mods.

Total cost for cam kits including valve springs, retainers and hardened pushrods can get pretty close to $1000 real quick, plus after changes you can add $500 for a good tune.....unless you want to pay $650 once and pick up Hptuners software to tune the car yourself. If you would decide to tune yourself lots of us here can help you.

Hope I helped

Impulse Blue
    2005 a4 GTO

Pretty much all of the things i did and the car screams. I was thinking of transitioning directly into a cam and ported and polished heads, but i think i will put that on hold for the suspension tweaks. Just be patient and dont cut corners! These guys will keep you honest

hugger orange

Honestly an a4 gets a more noticable gain from a tune than an m6 because of how harsh the torque managementis in them, but look at it this way, put your money into your suspension first, so then when you do your engine mods you can hook and handle instead of just blowing all that new found HP up in tire smoke (yes I do love burnouts, but not when I'm spinning and the car that WAS beside me is now pulling away) lol

They put VERY soft rubber bushings in our cars to give easily give them a more "cushy" ride since Holden originally built them to sell and compete against the M5 BMWs....take your car out and drive it hard and you will really start to feel just how "loose" everything is......then there is the cute little brake system that is supposed to stop out big heavy car......if you search some of my threads you can find some very good upgrades that will make a HUGE difference......CTS-V 4 piston calipers and 14" 2011 Camaro front brakes will fit in an 18" front wheel with just one easily made at home adapter bracket...a fast car that cent stop is a bad thing

Thread Information