Thread: headers

black, and black
    04 M6

headers

ok im thinking about getting long tubes but im wodering do they really flow that much better than the factory manifolds, i mean they look like a shorty header, are the long tubes worth the investment. I know they dont give the 30 advertised hp the manafacture says, how much do u guys think 10hp 20 hp??
    04 blk/blk m6, K&N fipk, slp MAF, 85mm tb/bypass, UD pully factory chrome wheels 255 rears245 fronts B&M tinted windows ws6 hood D/S rotors diablo sport slp II long tubes custom exahust no cats, no res, battery relocate cust. skid plate 160 t stat 85mm fast intake drag bags

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

I would probably say between 20-30hp, honestly I felt quite a bit of difference although I added OR mid-pipes at the same time, mine dynoed at
    348RWHP stock and 374RWHP after, all on a dyno-jet. mines also got a good custom tune and a volant CAI
    2006 impulse blue G.T.O
    Iron Block 408
    Cam
    Pacesetter ceramic coated L.T.s
    LMII exhaust
    K&N CAI
    Ported TB
    Custom Tune
    FAST 90
    ZEX 125hp wet shot

black, and black
    04 M6

headers

im prolly going get some pace setters because there in the budget, how hard was it on the goat?? and i would love 20 extra hp my slp diablo has teh slp tune already which has headers in it so i should be ok

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

The passenger side went really easy for me, like 45mins total, but the drivers side was a bitch, I had to drop the rack and pinion and jack up the engine, it took me like 6 hours.

Quick Silver
    2004 GTO

Yeah me too. Go Kooks you won't be sorry with there header and yeah msot deff 20-30 hp with a professional tune

Mr.GTO

black
    2004 pontiac GTO

Smile

Is there any differernce between the ls1 stock exhaust manifolds and the stock ls2 exhaust manifolds as for as putting a pair of ls2 exhaust maifolds on my ls1 would it make any difference at all and would thy bolt right in ? Thanks for any input

Quick Silver
    2004 GTO

why are you messing with them? Just doing an 04 to 05 convt I assume. and no there shouldn't be a problem but i'm not 100%. If the 05-06 header will fit then why not the stock exhaust manifolds

Mr.GTO

black
    2004 pontiac GTO

No i was just wondering about getting more performance out of the stock ls2 exhaust manifolds vs the stock ls1 exhaust manifolds for my ls1 04 GTO. I found a used pair of ls2 stock exhaust manifolds for sale and was wondering about hp increase or if its even worth doing. I know the JBA shortys are the same for the 04s to the 06s as far as direct bolt in so i would assume the exhaust manifolds would be as well but assumption is usally the mother of all F***ups. At least for me it is anyways lol.

Quick Silver
    2004 GTO

I don't think it would do much other than maybe change the sound. Save up and by some LT's then you'll find true happiness

Mr.GTO

black
    2004 pontiac GTO

Talking

Yeah i know i wish the only ones i found that are legal are the jba shortys for ca. but i havent really looked into putting high flow cats after the long tubes to see if that would be legal or not for ca. I was also thinking about running the jba shorties with some electric exhaust cutouts that would sound friggin nice a little less horse than the long tubes but no need for a cat back system when youre running open exhaust. Isnt our exhaust 2 1/2 inch piping as well does anybody know?

black, and black
    04 M6

manifolds

for visual inspection the 04 05-06 look the same but i dont know if theres a difference, a quick way to find out for sure would be, do a search on parts america for an 04 and an 06 see if they have the same part numbers, im going long tubes some day

Thread Information