GTOAA/POCI convention

This is a discussion on GTOAA/POCI convention within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; qwkgto and myself will be rolling down to Dayton later today to do some drag racing at the convention tomorrow. ...

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

GTOAA/POCI convention

qwkgto and myself will be rolling down to Dayton later today to do some drag racing at the convention tomorrow. I'm also entered in the big car show on Sat...of course no one actually votes for cars that actually go to the track instead of sitting in some garage under a tarp and whos engines are used to serve Sunday dinner on. lol

I'll be posting up some pics if I feel ambitous...but you know how that goes.

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

so this is the big convention i was being told about. ok. how many goats are expected to be there?

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

I hear that there are 1200 cars registered for the show. Don't know how may are goats (new and old) ...probably 500 to 600. New goats maybe 75 to 100 im guessing.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

When I used to post on the other forum a few months back, I read there was friction between the classic and new-age GTO owners.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    When I used to post on the other forum a few months back, I read there was friction between the classic and new-age GTO owners.
    Well thats total BS. The problem was from the guys who were moderating that forum. Like everything else over there they promoted there own opinions and the "followers" just mouthed the same crap. When I went 2 years ago 90 percent of the classic guys had good things to say about our cars and th eother 10 percent just ignored us. lol This year its all makes and models of Pontiacs so I'm guessing that there will be nothing negative thrown our way.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO View Post
    Well thats total BS. The problem was from the guys who were moderating that forum. Like everything else over there they promoted there own opinions and the "followers" just mouthed the same crap. When I went 2 years ago 90 percent of the classic guys had good things to say about our cars and th eother 10 percent just ignored us. lol This year its all makes and models of Pontiacs so I'm guessing that there will be nothing negative thrown our way.
    Good to know. Thanx for clearing that up. GOD I HATE GOSSIP.

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

we have about 40 goats in our local indy club and 1 1970 gto. he comes out to all of our meets and loves our cars. his words "i dont see how people could say its not a gto. it fits the original criteria to be a gto. a smaller 2 door car with a big frigging motor. anyone whos doesnt like it, is jeleous cuz they dont have one"

real nice guy, proabaly 60-65 years old. and loves our cars.

Silver
    06 Pontiac GTO

Good luck down there.Hope you guys put up some good numbers.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

I had 5 runs. All were in the 11's with a low of 11.82. Pretty good considering that it got close to 90 here today. I was told by someone with a weather station around 10 that the DA was a little over 2000 so it must have risen considerably during the day as it got hotter.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

I had 5 runs. All were in the 11's with a low of 11.82. Pretty good considering that it got close to 90 here today. I was told by someone with a weather station around 10 that the DA was a little over 2000 so it must have risen considerably during the day as it got hotter.
    how did the show go?no rain here last nite nor yet today ,looks like its coming our way.
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    how did the show go?no rain here last nite nor yet today ,looks like its coming our way.
    Rained hard for half the day. At least the final 2 hours of judging got washed out. Should make for some interesting results in who won since a quite a few new GTOs showed up late and were there for only about an hour of voting.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Well I got an honorable mention in the show. Not bad for a black drag car. lol It's hard to beat judging where you hear things like "gee dear look! two purple cars" and they proceed to mark their ballots based on that. That actually did happen. lol ... so yeah all the Barbados, Purple and Brazen Orange got the most votes again regardless of what real modifications were on the cars. Car shows are such a joke.
    Last edited by GTO1_OHIO; 07-13-2009 at 06:39 AM.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Well I got an honorable mention in the show. Not bad for a black drag car. lol It's hard to beat judging where you hear things like "gee dear look! two purple cars" and they proceed to mark their ballots based on that. That actually did happen. lol ... so yeah all the Barbados, Purple and Brazen Orange got the most votes again regardless of what real modifications were on the cars. Car shows are such a joke.
    I hear you,do those guys even drive those... show cars ,let alone race them...lol

Thread Information