Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

gto twin turbo build

This is a discussion on gto twin turbo build within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; If Roger falls through or lowballs on the buy back prices, there are members that will contribute to lawyer fees. ...

BOM
    2006 GTO

If Roger falls through or lowballs on the buy back prices, there are members that will contribute to lawyer fees. PM me for info.

red
    06 gto

What about the rest of his stock parts? Will he get those back too?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by 04cosmos View Post
    Sarge, I do believe you are getting to old for this shit. Why cant we just come on here, and ask and answer questions? Im not taking any sides here, I believe both of these guys were wrong in their own way, IF what qwkgto is saying is true. The guy is building you a custom turbo kit, and you rushed him? Also in the videos the car looked and sounded great.... I just cant keep thinking that maybe this transport driver guy.... didnt stop somewhere for the night and tear into your GTO. People are idiots... we all know this.
    Yeah I have wondered about the transport guy myself.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO View Post
    I didn't get any of his emails until this morning, I made my post last night based on what he told me in a phone call ... so yeah it was stated as it was told to me. ...and yes this is his offer saying he would buy back parts. Maybe its clearer to me because he told several of us at the track rental on 9/11 that he was going to make this offer. Like I said, he should just list the parts he agrees to.

This is a PM between you and him that he forwarded to me
    All he said there is "he would make an offer"....he did not say he would buy back parts.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Black
    2004 Pontiac GTO M-6

Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    Ok heres the deal,I relaize this is gotten blown way out of proportion,like I put into the email to (sarge) I will make an offer on parts ,1-the complete fuel system,injectors,fuel rails,lines intank pump,I will send back the factory setup you can drop right back into your tank,you have your stock rails and injectors,2-I would also be interested in the intercooler tubing with the bov,and the intercooler all the duct work going to the throttle body,3-the exhaust from the header flange back to the turbos,Including both wastegates,you can cut the exhaust right behind the turbo,(where the exhaust comes out of the turbo)those were part of your original factory exhausts,which I reused as we had agreed upon.4- the return oiling setup,I will even send you a replacement valve cover for that altered one back,basically everything turbo related on the car,I will also trade you back the map for your stock map back, as the new one I installed is a 2 bar map,I can as well return your factory stock tune,this can be emailed to whom ever is going to retune your car.You mentioned earlier you would keep the headers and they were a clean install,the hub to stub and the drive shaft are as well yours to keep,AGAIN I will make you an offer,I will pay shipping on the thin gs I return to you,you will pay them on the items shipped to me,you purchased a complete custom turbo kit from me,that is what you received,was out of my hands that one or possibly both of thiose turbos went bad,if that had not happened this would have never been an issue,had you come to get the car and rode in mine and we worked together and ironed out any mod problems with your car this all would have been avoided,I have done 6 of these same setup,problems yes ,any mod has them.who on here has not had a car mod related problem?install anything on your car adjustments must be made(my point).as far as the time alotment to do this install go back through your emails from day one you knew I needed the wideband,which you sent in week what 4 of me having your car,I told you from day 1 I needed that,also the other guages,fuel pressure,boost.all custom ordered by you so they would match the car,I have used the avaliable auto meter in every other car I have done have them in one trip to Jegs,not wait weeks for customer to send them and then have him bitch to me and on a open forumn hes got my car past what we agreed,then for you to say I dont care,I(blue) want my car back,Ill fix it myself.

my proof of the first I told blue of what to expect and what Items I need for his install...
    Re: turboWednesday, July 1, 2009 11:17 PMFrom: "chuck rogers" <gto_cars@yahoo.com>Add sender to ContactsTo: "Michael Blue" <mblue2050@gmail.com>Hi,sounds good,twin kit installed on your car,$6500,drag bags $100,istalled free,driveshaft $700,ill install for you,Harrop in trunk,ill install for you,hub to stub rear end axles $1400,I will install free.if you want to send brakes ill check into install and let you know how much to install.other things are guages,1-boost,1- AEM wideband,also mufflers if you decide you need them what ever they cost +$100 for install,RC
    I would not say blown out of poportion. My nice GTO sent to you is a junker now.
    What you see is what I keep referring to as a contract. I said damn too.
    Good deal, and he had two proven installs on this forum. No bad comments under this name anywhere.

I installed the Harrop, I installed the brakes. I will or will not install the drag bags I have. See what the Harrop cradle bushings and pedders back there do first.
    My new twin turbo GTO never made power enough to squat or wheel hop. No power to spin a tire period.

You asked for 1/2 of the money up front to buy materials. I sent 5000.00 so there would be no question. I put new tires on it and found I had a bad right front bushing. Right front tire would not seat on the rim. New front struts, and Pedders upper strut bushings installed.
    Roger had that check for two weeks prior to my car. Plenty of time to look over parts..but that is a mute point now.
    My innovate wide band gauge would not do. Asked him what he needed...Innovate wide band hand held. Yes, that pissed me off.
    Stop with gauge balme game or send me back that 349.00 innovate wide band I bought for you. You did not mention fuel gauge until you needed it. I overnighted it. Really assumed any shop that installs tubo's on ls engines had these items required for tuning.
    Waiting for weeks is bullshit. Why do you keep trying to blame me for what you did to my car. Silly question...you do not take responsibility for your failed work, its the customers fault.

Wanted my car done, and by the end it was getting scary close to me having to cancel my flght to Brussles.
    I had wanted to install my gauges, stiffy. Maybe drag bags, new PCV parts I have...on my new more powerful tt gto..ha.

The driveshaft and axels are OK. You keep the 1400.00 and 700.00

As for the rest, put a price on your offer! I will send back everything you list including the headers. If you offer a fair price!! for this debacle of an install. Only reason I was not worried about the headers is, they are new. I suspect they will sell. Rather you buy them back. Again, pretty much the same labor for me. Yes I would like an OEM left side valve cover, you can have this one with the bung I wil have to plug. That comes to me first then I send the one off my car. I do not want my repair held up by that.
    More than just turbo's and/or oil pump. Even the radiator cover was installed wrong. A spring to hold the dipstick down.etc etc etc. Give me a break.
    You can have all of this back. For a fair price.

and the Intercooler, all the fuel system. I would like the OEM tune returned. Have to admit I am not sure how to do that...YET.
    I will be buying a tuner program. I am not done with this car.
    Probably will never be done with it. Part of the fun of owning a car.

All OEM parts returned was our orginal agreement..but for the exhaust.

Make an offer with a price as part of the offer.
    Last edited by blue2050; 09-15-2009 at 11:37 AM.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

HOLY FK blue!!! Those pics just made me cringe!!! That is A LOT of oil!!!

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

Black
    2004 Pontiac GTO M-6

Get an idea of how I feel. My baby.
    Should have seen it burning about 1/2 of it it in the combustion chambers.
    My neighbor made a video. Saving that for now. It was worse than any clunker car I had ever seen.
    Usually the engine is blown for that much smoke and oil to blow out...and this spewed out the exhaust. When I said illegal I was very serious.
    You see the stains? That is where oil poured out of the pipes all the way too where I sat it down. I wiped that oil up. Those pics after cleaning up.

But we are past that now.
    Now all I need is a price for this returned. 6500.00 is my suggestion.
    I will clean out what oil I can. Will have to do that to get I can get it shipped.
    Labor on my end is equal or more. I still have to fix my GTO.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    HOLY FK blue!!! Those pics just made me cringe!!! That is A LOT of oil!!!
    I assume thats what happens,when you keep driving a car while it must have been leaking past a bad turbo,thats what the turbo warrantee is for..
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

Black
    2004 Pontiac GTO M-6

Do not forget the charge pipes dragging on the 1/2 shafts. Sounding like pipes dragging the ground.
    I drove it home .8 miles from where Gary an I met in a parking lot.
    Gary drove my truck with some OEM parts in it. I drove my GTO.
    It was smoking and dragging pipes then. Call Gary and ask him, he followed me in my truck.
    I drove it another 14.8 miles to a shop.
    We looked at the scavenge pump, looked it up on line. Should work was the conclusion. Its running, can pump up.
    Opened the hood to find the large vacuum leak. At that point they said it would take weeks and I did not have time for that nor did I want to pay them for what I just paid you for. 14.8 miles home. Had it worked I would not have had to drive it to a shop.
    Hard as you try, this is not my fault.
    I have no PM's from Sarge.
    Where is your "offer". With a price.

I keep asking because your first offer was for me to send it all back to you for free, you would install it on somelses car.
    That is when I cut off comminiactions wih you and went public.
    Last edited by blue2050; 09-15-2009 at 02:56 PM.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I wouldn't call your car a "junker" as this is a financial "bump in the road". Have you had the engine checked for any internal damage?

Black
    2004 Pontiac GTO M-6

Car will not start. When it did for the last time it was missing two or three cylinders. Loud as hell. I assume plugs and the tune.....and no exhaust.
    Made me sick. My predator can longer communicate with it. Thought I could load the OEM tune from that but I have much to learn about tuning.

Just sad, not a junker, but far from the powerful clean quite car I sent.

I did not have time to check the engine. I will. Hope and assume its OK.

LS1 with under 32000 miles.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by blue2050 View Post
    Car will not start. When it did for the last time it was missing two or three cylinders. Loud as hell. I assume plugs and the tune.....and no exhaust.
    Made me sick. My predator can longer communicate with it. Thought I could load the OEM tune from that but I have much to learn about tuning.

Just sad, not a junker, but far from the powerful clean quite car I sent.

I did not have time to check the engine. I will. Hope and assume its OK.

LS1 with under 32000 miles.
    OK. The starting problem sounds tune related. Hopefully, once the factory tune is reloaded, the motor will fire up and there won't be any internal damage(rapping/knocking) and maybe the blown turbo seals will the only areas which leaked oil and not the motor itself, keeping you from having to rebuild/replace your LS1.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by blue2050 View Post
    Do not forget the charge pipes dragging on the 1/2 shafts. Sounding like pipes dragging the ground.
    I drove it home .8 miles from where Gary an I met in a parking lot.
    Gary drove my truck with some OEM parts in it. I drove my GTO.
    It was smoking and dragging pipes then. Call Gary and ask him, he followed me in my truck.
    I drove it another 14.8 miles to a shop.
    We looked at the scavenge pump, looked it up on line. Should work was the conclusion. Its running, can pump up.
    Opened the hood to find the large vacuum leak. At that point they said it would take weeks and I did not have time for that nor did I want to pay them for what I just paid you for. 14.8 miles home. Had it worked I would not have had to drive it to a shop.
    Hard as you try, this is not my fault.
    I have no PM's from Sarge.
    Where is your "offer". With a price.

I keep asking because your first offer was for me to send it all back to you for free, you would install it on somelses car.
    That is when I cut off comminiactions wih you and went public.
    Again when car left my hands,your delivery man went for a ride if he is such a stand up guy( which I beleive he is) ask him if the car was leaking oil,smoking and rubbing on the half shafts, when he went for a ride?Right before I drove your car into his inclosed trailer and he tied it dowm!!again something happened before it got to Florida,I was willing to send you replacement turbos,and work through any lil quirks there was on your car.the tune in the car is setup for 60lb injectors did you change back to your old injectors? If not change those plugs ..the same na fuel tables are in your ECU,I also told you I could send back your factroy tune,but someone would need to have the HP tuners software to restore this.I will NOT offer you anywheres close to the $6500 back,I have hours of labor and there was never a mention of money back garrantee,(warrantee on parts thats IT)(turbos and oil pump).. I also have a factory complete to tail pipes exhaust for an 04,I can send you as part of the deal of our exchange of parts,if you decide to send me parts back..YOU decided even before you had the car back you were going to disasemble the turbo setup from the emails you had sent me.If you want to work out some deal,ok if not we are DONE.you purchased from me a complete tuned,with complete fuel system ,twin turbo setup.drivable when it left my hands here in ohio,I took the delivery man you sent a ride AND i HAVE PLENTY OF WITNESSES.Had you just replaced the turbos as per my previous offer,under warrantee, this would have been resolved and you would have had a powerful car. I owe you nothing...

red
    2002 ss camaro

if you did not put the tune back to stock from the predator before he put hp tuners on it that tune is lost if the predator is new enough contact them and they can replace thet tune and get you moving in the right direction. The reason the predator will not work is because of the hp tuner tune being on there.

Black
    2004 Pontiac GTO M-6

I flew to Belgium a week after I got my car back. I am still here...there.

You saying I was going to take it off before in emails is an out right lie.
    We discussed muffler options as my car was on its way to my house.

I know its the plugs and the tune. I have had a car I worked on since 1978.
    Tuning the ECU is fairly new to me but I am not a novice.
    All I had time to do was remove the leaking smoking turbo system.
    Fuel is the same as you sent it.
    I also do not know didly about injectors. I assume 60 lbs is what is capable of, pulses per demand.

I do see your point you must see mine. I do not think you really think Gary caused alll of this. I know I don't.
    The front clip off, the front bumper hanging, 2" 90 welded in betwen (2) 2.5" exhaust. tie wraps and PVC straps holding the charge pipes, even the raditor cover installed wrong is the basic sorry install you did. Not waht I expected for 6500.00.

Probably should have. It was a good price, then it should be for ebay turbo's and intercooler. I have those parts prices.
    You made a healthy profit off me and I got junk.

My car got to me with all the problems I listed here.
    That day I did indeed consider ripping it off, know I sent an e-mail that day explaining the problems to you first. And explained I was flying out and shipping could not happen.

I am tired now. I just finished a 14.5 hour day.
    I am moving to another flat tomorrow. Supposed to move today but worked to long. It almost 9:00 PM here. I startat 6:00am. Takes me 30 minutes to get to the US Embassy

By the weekend I will download HP Tuners software by Sunday. Cmoes with 8 credits, I have been looking a reading the forums. You can send me my OEM tune.I will PM you my business e-mail or a yahoo account I have.
    That wil be a start. I say again I had no intentions; prior to recieving my TT GTO; of removing your work.
    When I filled tha car with gas is when the charge pipes really started dragging.
    Fuel light was on; for the first time since I have owned it; when I started it. Behind the the transport trailer

I never really expected anything for my car arriving severely messed up.
    I know you now.
    I can't imagine doing a customer like you have, but that me. You have a different idea of business ethics..

You are done. I am not.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Good luck with the tune Blue. You'll have your baby back. Don't sweat it.

hugger orange

just a thought . what if (purely by accident) the transporter straped the car down in the back over the (now rubbing) charge pipe which also could have kinked an oil return line......oil pressure buidup in a turbo and BAM there go the seals and oil would be pumped into the motor

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    just a thought . what if (purely by accident) the transporter straped the car down in the back over the (now rubbing) charge pipe which also could have kinked an oil return line......oil pressure buidup in a turbo and BAM there go the seals and oil would be pumped into the motor
    Now you have me thinking. Maybe premature spring-sag? But I can see your scenario.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Now you have me thinking. Maybe premature spring-sag? But I can see your scenario.
    when I put 1.2" drop springs under my car it actually raised the rear over a half inch

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information