Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

gto twin turbo build

This is a discussion on gto twin turbo build within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Yeah I deleted the troll account post as I am sensitive to somebody googling something and hitting this thread. They ...

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yeah I deleted the troll account post as I am sensitive to somebody googling something and hitting this thread. They would be clueless those were troll/self serving post from qwkgto....
    I'll just go on record here now...
    The management of this board has been very suspect of this entire situation. We are very familiar with his "issues" on other forums and with other forum members as customers. We tried to manage this without being mod nazi's and allow folks to make their own decesions. But ....I would have never ever shipped my car to anybody with this kind of track record (easy to use your GoogleFu skills aint it?) so I feel the OP shares some responsibility for piss poor judgement. With that said I also feel because a fella made a bad decision he should not be ripped off. From the pics and all that has been posted I feel qwkgto should refund 100% of his parts and labor money. The OP should send all the parts back in good condition....the OP will eat his travel/shipping and other cost because he also shared in this debacle (to a lesser "victim" type extent)..
    How is that for a solution?

red
    2002 ss camaro

that is the only way to go... great work Sarge

Black
    2004 GTO

Lets go for deleted post number 3? I don't see how popcorn violates any rules.

Just waiting for an excuse about the latest in the saga.

Black
    2004 Pontiac GTO M-6

Not that it makes any difference but:

I did research qwkgto.
    Looked at his friends. You are one Sarge..or were?, and that meant something.

Used your installs for almost all the installs you see I did before my car was sent off to QWKGTO. Really liked my car before I made the big mistake.
    Like you, it was new again.

It was only after this post that I got call after call and e-mail after e-mail telling me horror stories about Roger Chapman...and the other names he uses online.

I posted this here so others may not make the same costly mistake I did.
    Thought about joining every LS forum out here to post it but since I knew the rcfastgto name all the other threads know him.

I will not be home until December.
    All the parts are removed and besides being filled with oil, they are as they were installed. IC welds tabs are broken but that happend on the car.
    I cut nothing. Hell, took me about an hour to drop it all off my car. Hand tools...and snips for the plastic tie wraps holding everything!!

I wish! I would gladly pay all the shipping of every single part for a refund...in December. USA says they need you, I go.
    Even though I had this fire to put out.

Blue
    Last edited by blue2050; 09-09-2009 at 08:41 AM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by racerx1214 View Post
    Lets go for deleted post number 3? I don't see how popcorn violates any rules.

Just waiting for an excuse about the latest in the saga.
    13. "Trolling"

"Trolling", or makings posts with the sole intention of creating problems on the forums is obviously against the forum guidelines. This includes registering an alternate ID for the sole purpose of creating problems on the forums. "Troll ID's" will be locked immediately and permanently, and can be locked without notification to the offender. Members are allowed one user account.

7. "Free posts"

"Free posts", or posting solely for the purpose of boosting your post count is also not allowed. Many people judge member's credibility based on post count, so we ask that you obtain your post count legitimately. Furthermore, free posts waste server space and ISP bandwidth unnecessarily. Threads to announce your post count are considered free posts and will be locked. “In B4 Da lock” is considered Free posting too.

you've had your input into this thread and now you're just stirring the pot. This is between no one but the 2 individuals involved. There won't be a deleted post number 3....there will be a warning number 1.

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat-E View Post
    Is this chair taken?
    Quote Originally Posted by derbs View Post

Nothing was said about these posts?

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    13. "Trolling"

"Trolling", or makings posts with the sole intention of creating problems on the forums is obviously against the forum guidelines. This includes registering an alternate ID for the sole purpose of creating problems on the forums. "Troll ID's" will be locked immediately and permanently, and can be locked without notification to the offender. Members are allowed one user account.

7. "Free posts"

"Free posts", or posting solely for the purpose of boosting your post count is also not allowed. Many people judge member's credibility based on post count, so we ask that you obtain your post count legitimately. Furthermore, free posts waste server space and ISP bandwidth unnecessarily. Threads to announce your post count are considered free posts and will be locked. “In B4 Da lock” is considered Free posting too.

you've had your input into this thread and now you're just stirring the pot. This is between no one but the 2 individuals involved. There won't be a deleted post number 3....there will be a warning number 1.
    I wasn't stirring the pot, every other legit slam against Roger has a comeback from him or the enabler, so I was wondering why this time was any different. I forgot you are still one of 3 members left of the RCFAST/QWKGTO fan club.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by blue2050 View Post
    Not that it makes any difference but:

I did research qwkgto.
    Looked at his friends. You are one Sarge..or were?, and that meant something.

Used your installs for almost all the installs you see I did before my car was sent off to QWKGTO. Really liked my car before I made the big mistake.
    Like you, it was new again.

It was only after this post that I got call after call and e-mail after e-mail telling me horror stories about Roger Chapman...and the other names he uses online.

I posted this here so others may not make the same costly mistake I did.
    Thought about joining every LS forum out here to post it but since I knew the rcfastgto name all the other threads know him.

I will not be home until December.
    All the parts are removed and besides being filled with oil, they are as they were installed. IC welds tabs are broken but that happend on the car.
    I cut nothing. Hell, took me about an hour to drop it all off my car. Hand tools...and snips for the plastic tie wraps holding everything!!

I wish! I would gladly pay all the shipping of every single part for a refund...in December. USA says they need you, I go.
    Even though I had this fire to put out.

Blue
    Well firstly allow me to say a couple of things here.
    1. I dont control who my "friends" are. Hell I have a shitload of friend request and I say OK. So dont let that influence you at all. It is not a endorsement of any kind.
    2. I am not busting your ass. We are talking with him now and are trying to get this resolved. Sometimes when folks get all tangled up it is good for a third party that was not involved in the actual transaction to help out and arbitrate something for a win win. That is what we are trying to do.

I understand your commitment and I appreciate you for it. Look...we are halfway there in this thing. You said you would pay shipping. So Roger needs to refund 100% of the parts/labor on this thing.

Just bear with us. Lot of emotions going on.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Nothing was said about these posts?

I wasn't stirring the pot, every other legit slam against Roger has a comeback from him or the enabler, so I was wondering why this time was any different. I forgot you are still one of 3 members left of the RCFAST/QWKGTO fan club.
    STFU and step away friend.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Well this interstate....so I must ask. How did you pay him? Via a check through USPS? Wire transfer? What?

White
    2002 VY SS

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    1. I dont control who my "friends" are. Hell I have a shitload of friend request and I say OK. So dont let that influence you at all. It is not a endorsement of any kind.
    And here I was thinking I was special... I'm truly hurt...

I was watching this build early on and figured that it was an interesting idea, as I applaud thinking outside the square and daring to be different. But the more I looked at the pictures the more I thought how over complicated the whole set up is really is. I understand it is a custom job, but off the shelf kits are a good platform to start from and be modified to suit the customer.

Turbos are done to death here, every second LS motor has one or two strapped to the side of it. Not that that is a bad thing, they are relatively cheap and offer buckets of extra power and torque. Personally I think most the off the shelf kits are the quietest V8's around, from the inside and from outside.

At the end of the day, my hard earned will always be exchanged with products that are proven.

I hope you guys find a sound resolution to these issues...

Black
    2004 Pontiac GTO M-6

Pains me to say this again.

$5000.00 before he got my car to buy material. Cahiers Check
    $3600.00 when he told me the car was done a running great.
    Sent UPS, signature required.
    Both were cashiers checks from my bank. I have the receipts and signed proof of delivery.........in Florida.

Blue
    Last edited by blue2050; 09-09-2009 at 09:21 PM.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by blue2050 View Post
    Pains me to say this again.

$5000.00 before he got my car to buy material. Cahiers Check
    $3600.00 when he told me the car was done a running great.
    Sent UPS, signature required.
    Both were cashiers checks from my bank. I have the receipts and signed proof of delivery.........in Florida.

Blue
    Well that makes it a Federal issue. ....
    Penalties both civil and criminal just went up.

Black
    2004 GTO

Blue, you referred to a "contract" a few times, was this a signed document by you and RC, or a verbal agreement, that might help you as well. You are just going to have a hell of a time getting anything moving while you're overseas.

red
    2002 ss camaro

that is why he has freinds on his side to keep things moving while he is gone looks like sarge is on the case let him work...

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Blue, you referred to a "contract" a few times, was this a signed document by you and RC, or a verbal agreement, that might help you as well. You are just going to have a hell of a time getting anything moving while you're overseas.
    I am trying to resolve this. I want a clearly defined environment so each party is clear on any and all liabilities. No I am not a lawyer but after years and years of getting sued and doing the suing I have so much experience with lawyers and the process it sickens me. Of course the second your successful "they" come out of the woodwork. Legal system in the US is fucked up. But I do have ( as mentioned) significant experience. And of course I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I will say the cost to prosecute is not that much. A fraction of what has been spent here. The cost to defend is high. The discovery process is nasty and requires all personal/company financials. Doing business without proper zoning or licenses, insurance etc. is a deadly killer. Just a big ol shit sammich.
    I highly recommend settling these things.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

And allow this....
    When you are doing business on the internet.....due diligence must be turned up to 11.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Do we have a complete list of all parts? Cost.
    Do we have a list of work done? Install/tune etc. Cost.
    Not "I paid $8500"....I need a list.

Black
    2004 Pontiac GTO M-6

I do not have what QWK GTO sent that I called a contract.

Just an e-mail from him with some details. I cannt quote but.

Two turbo's all piping exhast and charge pipe. Supporting fuel requirements and a professional tune. Headers etc. Everything to support the install of two turbo's turn key ready to drive.
    $6500.00

The other I am not real sure about without my papers.
    Aluminum driveshaft, 1/2 shafts and CV shafts. 1400.00 installed.
    Not exactly what I expected with the CV's and 1/2's but that is OK.

Without my papers..and I do not have time to didg through this thread...I cannot account for the differnce of $7900.00 shown here and the $8600.00 I paid. Its in my file on this at my house in Florida and on that PC.

I really do not know a number that is fair and not costly to me without that.
    1/2 shafts and driveshaft I do not want a refund for, but...I will send everything back to be done with him and this.

6500.00 for the turbo's, scavage pump, lines, aluminum and SS pipe, fuel system, lines etc. Everything included in the orginal contract for $6500.00.
    I will send all of that back to him for a refund of $6500.00.....
    earlier he told me to send it all back and he would install it for nothing on someone elses car. Most of the idiotic things he said are here.

However as was pointed out. I am along way from Florida and my garage.
    I can't do anything until I am done here. Plan is leaving for home before Christmas.

I asked for a detailed invoice. Roger told me he did not have time to type one up. I asked for that, the receipts and warranties. He would not do it.

Blue

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Fair enough. So if we can negotiate Roger buys back the equipment for $6500 would that be a fair and final settlement for you?

Black
    2004 Pontiac GTO M-6

Yes that would be fair. Honestly never expected any compensation. He told me as much....this thread tells his intentions.

But yes I will send the headers, fuel system..and all parts realted to it, and the headers. For a $6500.00 refund.

Have to redo the fuel system anyhow since its leaking at the manifold and somewhere towards the rear.
    The stainless works headers I do not need. Only reason they are on it is lack of time....and to keep my engine protected while I am gone. Assuming its OK?

So. Yes!

Cheers
    Blue
    Last edited by blue2050; 09-11-2009 at 06:08 AM.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information