Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

gto twin turbo build

This is a discussion on gto twin turbo build within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by cammed goat I was under the impression the turbos would act like mufflers and keep the car ...

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I was under the impression the turbos would act like mufflers and keep the car quiet. I think this is the ONLY boosted 04 on this forum. Can the system be re-torqued for proper sealing?
    yes they have the restrictors that the manufactors sent with turbos (ones they reccomend)Yes I had local guys here ride in car while I was tuning it and under load in 1-3 gears it was a rumble,after that out on highway you could carry on a conversation,exhaust is not an issue as I said before I have the emails he sent saying he(blue) would take car to local muffler guy he used to install HIS(blues choice of mufflers..his words from his email.... 10 psi would have been fine I ran 12-15psi on a stock ls2 for over 3 yrs.
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

Black
    2004 GTO

Black
    2002 A4 Z/28

and does all this self justification also go for his front bumper cover? I find it funny that as a "business man" you allow your flaws to be exposed on an open forum, please tell me that this isn't your primary source of income pal. also, lets assume that you really are the expert that you claim to be, based on what i've read, you never worked on the earlier LS1 GTO's, which have a different exhaust configuration than the later models, i dont think R&D @ the expense of a PAYING CUSTOMER was the best idea, but hey, what do I know, im just a computer tech....

so go on, rebuttal, blah, blah, blah....but honestly, a full refund is in order dude, backing up your workmanship is pointless
    Information Technology Super Sport

Suspension|T56|5.3|Twin TC66's|

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by jmw_LS2 View Post
    Still under his desk, eh? You'll get a headache eventually.
    Guess you can't take a hint, save your trash for the other little kids you play with.

Quote Originally Posted by racerx1214 View Post
    I can live with that.
    Last edited by GTO1_OHIO; 08-28-2009 at 09:18 AM.

SRM
    2006 Pontaic GTO

Quote Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO View Post
    Guess you can't take a hint, save your trash for the other little kids you play with.

Get a life. Your friend Roger is screwing people left and right and all you ever do is make excuses for him. Let the man fight his own battles. It's obvious to everyone that he screwed this guy. This isn't the first guy he has bent over, either.

Don't like what I have to say? Don't read it. If you read it and still don't like it, you can get bent.

Get the hint?

Phantom Black Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Ok this thread is becoming ridiculous. Now its becoming a bash thread (even though it started as one).

I'm in no defense to anyone.......to each their own decision. BUT I want to make some points.

First law of modification = "you pay to play!"

A risk is involved when you modify a car. Everybody SHOULD know this. If your too worried about shit breaking or not turning out the way it was planned.......keep yer car stock!

I don't know how many people on here have seen 'custom' turbo set-ups but none are pretty. If you want pretty buy a kit. I also don't know anybody with custom set-ups that have not encountered hiccups along the way. Its a learning process.

Don't want to step on anyones toes but $6500 was super cheap for what you got. If you bought a kit and had someone install it for you along with the extras it would have been around $10000. You should have known this but you bitch about what you got for cheap.

I'm sorry but I hate people who bitch. Women bitch and I can't stand that either!!

Accept responsibility for the actions/decisions you made. Don't come crying on this forum cause I don't care.

End of rant...

Quote Originally Posted by 6.0LiterImportEater View Post
    Ok this thread is becoming ridiculous. Now its becoming a bash thread (even though it started as one).

I'm in no defense to anyone.......to each their own decision. BUT I want to make some points.

First law of modification = "you pay to play!"

A risk is involved when you modify a car. Everybody SHOULD know this. If your too worried about shit breaking or not turning out the way it was planned.......keep yer car stock!

I don't know how many people on here have seen 'custom' turbo set-ups but none are pretty. If you want pretty buy a kit. I also don't know anybody with custom set-ups that have not encountered hiccups along the way. Its a learning process.

Don't want to step on anyones toes but $6500 was super cheap for what you got. If you bought a kit and had someone install it for you along with the extras it would have been around $10000. You should have known this but you bitch about what you got for cheap.

I'm sorry but I hate people who bitch. Women bitch and I can't stand that either!!

Accept responsibility for the actions/decisions you made. Don't come crying on this forum cause I don't care.

End of rant...
    That all would be well and dandy but he obviously was promised things he didn't get and giving Rogers history with fucking people out of money, doesnt make the situation look any better for him.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

I don't understand the two people who claim Roger is known for this when both of you have only posted here a few times.....mainly this thread.

There was a known risk with getting a custom twin turbo set-up. The risk was accepted and it came out somewhat for the worse. Only one to blame is the one who accepted the risk. First it doesn't sound like anything was missed in terms of promises except a blown turbo. The fitment of the bumper is an issue with our car in the first place. My rear bumper pops out at the passenger quarter panel all the time since it was taken off and put back on...I constantly have to pop it back into the snaps...poor design on GMs part.

Also Roger does this out of his garage. If you were expecting superior quality and workmanship than you would go to a acredited shop with people who work full time on this stuff like Lingenfelter. Go to an old fashioned guy with a garage your going to get that type of work.

All I know is that the expectations were way out of this world for the situation that really existed. Whos fault is that?

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by SK360 View Post
    That all would be well and dandy but he obviously was promised things he didn't get and giving Rogers history with fucking people out of money, doesnt make the situation look any better for him.
    Once again someone opens his mouth that has no clue. What did he promise that wasn't delivered other then he should have kept the car longer to make sure the installation of the turbos didn't have a problem?

As I tried to point out to Blue. The Stub to Hubs...top quality. The Stainless Works headers... top quality. That's almost $3K right there. The sum of all the parts used here adds up quite quickly. As for the turbo's themselves are no not high end but they were not misrepresented in any way. Blue knew this was not a 10K manufactured turbo system. Roger just delivered another car to MK1GTO a few months ago and the minor problems that that car had Roger took care of. ...just as he was willing to do with this one.

You children need to grow up.

I don't understand the two people who claim Roger is known for this when both of you have only posted here a few times.....mainly this thread.
    Sorry but I have 4 years worth of posts on other forums, ones where he fucked other people over... But hey I guess since I only have 3 posts here I don't know anything..

If you would like to do some reading...

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244477

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244038

Russ you always come up with excuses for this clown, this is now what, over $10,000 in money he has taken from people that were quite upset in what they got? I think you need to put the pom poms down and stop being his cheerleader.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

There was a known risk with getting a custom twin turbo set-up. The risk was accepted and it came out somewhat for the worse. Only one to blame is the one who accepted the risk. First it doesn't sound like anything was missed in terms of promises except a blown turbo. The fitment of the bumper is an issue with our car in the first place. My rear bumper pops out at the passenger quarter panel all the time since it was taken off and put back on...I constantly have to pop it back into the snaps...poor design on GMs part.

Also Roger does this out of his garage. If you were expecting superior quality and workmanship than you would go to a acredited shop with people who work full time on this stuff like Lingenfelter. Go to an old fashioned guy with a garage your going to get that type of work.

All I know is that the expectations were way out of this world for the situation that really existed. Whos fault is that?
    Those new members that jumped onto this thread live on BuckeyeGoats.com and only came here to cause trouble and fan the flames.

Back Street Performance ... the pro shop that does all my modifications .... broke my bumper also got me a minor door ding... I assumed that risk and accepted it. Never mentioned a thing to them about either.
    Last edited by GTO1_OHIO; 08-28-2009 at 11:03 AM.

I can link to 2 threads on ls1gto where he ripped people off for thousands each, one on a transmission and one on a junk turbo setup... but apperently ls1.com wont let me post them.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by SK360 View Post
    Russ you always come up with excuses for this clown, this is now what, over $10,000 in money he has taken from people that were quite upset in what they got? I think you need to put the pom poms down and stop being his cheerleader.
    I think you need to learn the facts before you open your mouth. Other people including one other GTO owner that I know of saw what Roger did to this car and though it was fine.

Black
    2004 GTO

I'm running out of popcorn.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Yea there is a risk with anybody you have work on your car. Its just life. Just hate the bitching especially since nobody on here has a clue on how to build a turbo set-up but are so big and tough to post shit on a forum they don't even belong to.

This ordeal should have never been posted on this forum. It is between roger and blue. It should have stayed that way.

Yea there is a risk with anybody you have work on your car. Its just life. Just hate the bitching especially since nobody on here has a clue on how to build a turbo set-up but are so big and tough to post shit on a forum they don't even belong to.

This ordeal should have never been posted on this forum. It is between roger and blue. It should have stayed that way.
    I forgot 4,000 post minimum to expose Rogers past. I will work on that sir.

I am done in this thread, I dont want the OP to get locked because of me.... Just search buyer seller feedback on ls1gto for roger and make your own conclusion.

Last edited by SK360; 08-28-2009 at 11:08 AM.

COTM July '09

BLK/BLK w/CGM Stripes
    2010 Camaro 2SS/M6

I think everything custom will have slight teething issues and Roger should have got the chance to fix it before all the bashing. Also, it's not like Roger is acting like APS and saying "sorry you're on your own buddy, let me know when you have more money to buy upgrades", he's actually opening up the opportunity to let him try and fix the issues. But I also guess one of the issues here is the distance between the two involved. If they were closer, it would be a little more easier to look him in the face and get things sorted out but since they're a while apart, it's more of a "he said she said" deal and makes people uneasy. I'm not saying Roger is right, but I'm not saying he's wrong either. Also, $6K for all the stuff he got? Roger are you sure you didn't dip into your own bank account in terms of labor?

BOM
    2006 GTO

Best thing that could happen here, is roger either gets shipped back all the materials that went on this car and give a refund, I am sure there will be more that want a custom el cheapo turbo kit installed. Or, sends Fedex/UPS to this guys house to pick up all the ebay stuff and have it warrantied, at rogers expense, the finish by sending it back to FL. Then, give the man his documentation so he can do all his own warranty work. No need having the parts ship all over the US. Unless these are not new items and don't have receipts? Seems like a documentation package should have been sent with the car to cover warranty related items and such.

If blue does not want the items that have been warranty repaired, then he can sell it somewhere, just put a disclaimer on the fs add so you don't get a bad rep! I offer this because it sounds like you already wrote this off as a complete loss.

Welds are looking 1000x times better roger, too bad the workmanship and salesmanship in you didnt gain that much.

Anymore popcorn out there?

COTM July '09

BLK/BLK w/CGM Stripes
    2010 Camaro 2SS/M6

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar View Post
    I offer this because it sounds like you already wrote this off as a complete loss.
    this is one of the issues. He had the car looked over by other shops and of course they are going to make it look like everything's a mess and they would've done it better ... but at what cost? There's a billion ways to do things and a billion prices too, and everyone can point out weak points in someone else's designs 'cos they weren't the ones subject to the initial agreement of price/etc. ... but the customer always feels like he was taken...

Heck, I can look at the STS kit, the APS kit and all other kits out their and say "I would've done it this way and you wouldn't have this issue ... this kit is a piece of crap, take it off" .. how's a typical owner gonna feel when you hear that?

Also with any buisness, if you want warranty service, you bring it back to the point of sale and give them a chance to rectify the issue ... I don't ask Sears to come to my door 'cos my ratchet broke, I don't ask Nikon to come over 'cos my Camera broke. Well, Snap-On does, but that's not the point .. lol

One more point to add ... I'd have test driven the car before it left the hands of the builder (the owner, not the builder) and had the chance to nitpick 'cos anything can happen when it's with a 3rd party on route and trust usually goes out the door.
    Last edited by Mean Green Z28; 08-28-2009 at 01:36 PM.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information