Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

gto twin turbo build

This is a discussion on gto twin turbo build within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; does petter from APS have a yankee cousin?...

Black
    2002 A4 Z/28

does petter from APS have a yankee cousin?
    Information Technology Super Sport

Suspension|T56|5.3|Twin TC66's|

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by IT_SS View Post
    does petter from APS have a yankee cousin?
    do you have something to say worthwhile if not STFU. people dont understand there are alot of parts and you have to understand what makes them work,its no wonder APS and other stoped making kits for our cars,people bitch about everything. this guys car was fine when it left my shop,besides being alil louder then stock ,he told me he would have mufflers installed where he lived,mufflers were not part of our dealings.so guy gets car has an issue either oil pump or turbo seals,either one is replaceable and I would have taken care of this,but he decides he now does not even want a turbo setup on his car,that car ran at least low 11s on 10-12 psi on a stock ls1. all he needed to do was replace the bad turbo with a new one,they have a warrantee.instead he decided to make a blog out of why its not now what he wants,I have the same setup on my car have had it for 3 years runs 10s.
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

SRM
    2006 Pontaic GTO

Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    its no wonder APS and other stoped making kits for our cars,people bitch about everything.
    No, people bitch when you screw them.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by jmw_LS2 View Post
    No, people bitch when you screw them.
    You know nothing about this so climb back into your hole or you won't last very long here.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Well, hopefully the problems get resolved soon. A boosted goat is a rarity and man do they move. Hopefully all the issues are small and can be easily repaired.

Black
    2004 Pontiac GTO M-6

Lets be clear. You knew from the start I wanted quiet. You said no problem.
    It is quoted earlier in this thread.
    I do want twin turbo's on my GTO. I wanted a quality install! My car to have more power when I got it.
    What I got was junk and my car never had any power. Drove it off the transport trailer spitting oil and running like shit...loud as hell.
    Far less power than it had when I sent it. You ask why I am pissed?
    One day later it will not start.
    I paid 6500.00 my car to be returned to me after over 4 weeks for this result by you?

I looked at whats on my car after removing your fabulous system.
    Cheap turbos, zip ties holding pipe up all over, gas leak, both charge pipes full of oil, intercooler filled with oil, pipe to TB full of oil. Both turbos blowing oil. One leaking too. Oil supply line laying on the driveshaft and the muffler.
    Each straight silcone junction is either bent up or down, left or right. Nothing is straight as I would expect. You use PVC 2 hole electrical clamps that are a larger size to hold the charge pipe. I could go on and on.

The exhaust is a joke. Just the right side pipe exiting the turbo is 4 sizes.
    Starts out 3", then 2.5", the 2" 90, then 2.5 OEM pipe. Hanging from my harrop differential cover.
    Turbo's hanging by there compressor housing bolt
    You did a shit job and you know it. I am not paying to ship you anything.
    Maybe the best you can do, not quality at all. You should not be doing this.
    I have had 3 turbo installers write saying your installs give them a bad name.
    Several post have been sent to me. I have talked to 2 people in Ohio that did not have delightful things to say about you. That does not matter to me. I draw my own conclusions and this is junk on my car.
    At least the front clip is smooth agin after I attached the bumper correctly. MY ECU so changed that my predator cannot commincate to install the OEM tune.
    I have to buy HPTuners now...and study.

I say again. I paid for a twin turbochaged GTO that you promised would be quiet. Saying we never discussed this is a blatent lie.
    My GTO unloded off the transport trailer; straight from Roger Chapman in Ohio; never ran right. Blowing smoke and oil right there at the bottom of the ramps. Stumbling and missing.
    No power, no extra power for sure. far less power than when I sent it two you nearlly 5 weeks ealier. NOT WHAT I PAID FOR!!!!!!
    I was and am pissed you did this to my once nice car and you cost me plenty.

Some one said the front clip would never fit right again. Wrong! It fits fine now that the IC is removed and the bumper it tight again.

Why in the hell would I send you anything that has to do with my car again? Get junk replaced with more junk. I do not buy junk, you got me on this one. My mistake

I did tell you I was going to install BMR 1/2 shafts and BMR CV's. You talked me out of it and said you had 2 new in the box. I cannot say for sure you said BMR but I understood them to be BMR. My mistake I guess. What I got is the same diameter as OEM. If its stronger its not much. My OEM did not flash rust if that is the case. I had never looked real close at BMR before this.
    There is a big differnce and you know it.

You just keep trying to defend this crap install, the fact my car was blowing oil barely running when I got it. You had it almost 5 weeks and this is your best work.

I am not the first who wants nothing to do with you.
    You are not worth trying to sue and recover my money.
    I posted to warn others and to show what the hell you did to my car and..... I am pissed.

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244038

Thats one other beside me.
    If you will stop posting bullsh*t I will stop telling it like it is.
    Defend away. I will have internet overseas. I have more to say. Would not have said much but you had to try and make it my fault.
    I have dozens of photo's of this crap install.
    Last edited by blue2050; 08-27-2009 at 08:03 PM.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I was under the impression the turbos would act like mufflers and keep the car quiet. I think this is the ONLY boosted 04 on this forum. Can the system be re-torqued for proper sealing?

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Don't know about the other parts used but the 1000 rwhp stub to hubs are quality parts. Like I said I have them and they currently run $1899.99. They where originally made by the Driveshaft Shop for DiffTechnics in Australia.

http://www.driveshaftshop.com/pdetail.php?pid=368

Black
    2004 Pontiac GTO M-6

Not a boosted 2004 anymore. That crap is removed from my GTO.
    Its true that turbos act like mufflers. I do not know much about it actually.
    Just know long tube headers, 3" pipe to rear mouted turbo's exiting through 2.5" and 2" is loud.
    GTO1_OHIO asked my opinion of loud. Open headers are loud to me. Mine was just a couple a decibles under open headers.

I really to give a flip about the driveshaftshop parts. GTO1_OHIO
    I mentioned it, but did not complain about the cost anywhere!
    Simply not what I thought I was getting. Said it was my mistake.

My car had less power, smoked, blew oil, stumbled and missed right off the transport trailer. Does not run at all now. Stopped starting before I removed the turbos's and pipe. That I care about.

Roger told me you (GTO1_OHIO) are good friends. I take up for my friends too, when they are being falsy accused. I am stating fact.

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/t...048Large-1.jpg

Turbos are cheap. The oil is not comimg from the silcone couplings. The oil makes it to the intake. One turbo was blown and leaking when I got it. Both sending clean oil up the charge pipe.
    5 lbs of boost is what Roger set it at.
    Last edited by blue2050; 08-27-2009 at 09:14 PM.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Could the turbos be faulty causing the oil leaks? I am wondering if you have so much boost that the clamps are too weak for your setup. I have read articles about boost tube clamps releasing under high boost in my old tuner magazines. This is really odd. I am not trying to stir the pot for any reason. How could all this happen at once?

Black
    2004 Pontiac GTO M-6

Did not happen all at once, really. Roger tuned it by the seat of his pants.
    Told me he ran it at 10 lbs of boost. Had my car from 7/18/09 to 8/17/09.

transport took 2 days both ways.

Set the vacuum and tuned it for 5lbs when he sent it to me. No doubt it was smoking and he did not notice.
    Could not have gone bad all at once in an enclosed trailer..as Roger suggest over and over.

His reply to me when I told him about all the problems was
    "That car was fine when it left here!"

Might have been running but it could not have been fine.
    The misaligned front clip speaks to his idea of fine.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by blue2050 View Post
    Did not happen all at once, really. Roger tuned it by the seat of his pants.
    Told me he ran it at 10 lbs of boost. Had my car from 7/18/09 to 8/17/09.

transport took 2 days both ways.

Set the vacuum and tuned it for 5lbs when he sent it to me. No doubt it was smoking and he did not notice.
    Could not have gone bad all at once in an enclosed trailer..as Roger suggest over and over.

His reply to me when I told him about all the problems was
    "That car was fine when it left here!"

Might have been running but it could not have been fine.
    The misaligned front clip speaks to his idea of fine.
    told you I would replace those turbos,seals go bad. video of your car a day or so before it was picked up..

Black
    2004 Pontiac GTO M-6

several days before I got my car. Probably smoking.
    It ran for a while before the plugs oil fouled.

If you think you did a fine job on my car. Enjoy your fantasy world.
    I am done with you except to respond to the ridculous comments you make here.

My car was Fuck*d up off the transport. Not what I paid you for.

red
    2002 ss camaro

do you have something to say worthwhile if not STFU. people dont understand there are alot of parts and you have to understand what makes them work,its no wonder APS and other stoped making kits for our cars,people bitch about everything. this guys car was fine when it left my shop,besides being alil louder then stock ,he told me he would have mufflers installed where he lived,mufflers were not part of our dealings.so guy gets car has an issue either oil pump or turbo seals,either one is replaceable and I would have taken care of this,but he decides he now does not even want a turbo setup on his car,that car ran at least low 11s on 10-12 psi on a stock ls1. all he needed to do was replace the bad turbo with a new one,they have a warrantee.instead he decided to make a blog out of why its not now what he wants,I have the same setup on my car have had it for 3 years runs 10s.
    I think your putting nails in your own coffin here. 10-12 psi on a stock ls1 did you expect it to last long? Also after looking at the 2" 90 and some of the parts there I would say you way over charged for that system and should eat some costs.
    [/SIGPIC]02 SS LE 402 lQ9 516rwhp 470rwtq.fast 92/92 . 3.73 gears in ten bolt going to fab 9. bmr lca's, tq arm , phb, Bonspeed Deltas 18x9 up front with 18x10 out back.
    VIRGINIASPEED.COM http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/dynamo...eed-402-a.html

SRM
    2006 Pontaic GTO

Quote Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO View Post
    You know nothing about this so climb back into your hole or you won't last very long here.
    Still under his desk, eh? You'll get a headache eventually.

red
    2002 ss camaro

also with rear mount did you put restrictor in the oil feed line? When I had my sts set up i had too add a restrictor in the oil feed to keep it from filling the turbos and intake pipes up with oil. If you say it was fine when it left and the guy says it is screwed up when it got there has anybody asked the transport driveranything? Even though he would probably deny it through his teeth you should be able to determine if he is guilty by his reaction to the questions.
    Last edited by knappbunch; 08-28-2009 at 07:23 AM. Reason: spelling

This is now what? The 3rd or 4th person Roger has FUCKED out of a lot of money?

Pathetic.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by SK360 View Post
    This is now what? The 3rd or 4th person Roger has FUCKED out of a lot of money?

Pathetic.
    fuck you asshole!GO back under that rock on buckeye goats and hide.
    Last edited by qwkgto; 08-28-2009 at 08:17 AM.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by knappbunch View Post
    I think your putting nails in your own coffin here. 10-12 psi on a stock ls1 did you expect it to last long? Also after looking at the 2" 90 and some of the parts there I would say you way over charged for that system and should eat some costs.
    the car had 4.5 psi when he recived it,all this BS for a simple fix of a new turbo,they are under warrantee,would have sent Blue new ones..

red
    2002 ss camaro

So how did you seat of the pant dyno it at 10lbs? Just some inconsistencies in your answer I am trying to help look at some issues that maybe were not thought about not cause excess dramma. I know you are both heated about the situation but that's the way it goes sometimes. at 10lbs that ls1 would not have lasted long anyway. What about transport driver has anyone even broached that subject yet????? You took it to the track and ran it without a full Tune? That is what this statement sounds like to me. ran at least low 11s on 10-12 psi on a stock ls1.
    Last edited by knappbunch; 08-28-2009 at 08:30 AM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information