Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

gto twin turbo build

This is a discussion on gto twin turbo build within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by blue2050 My car is slightly quieter than open headers. Not quite is an understatement. the Install. 7 ...

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by blue2050 View Post
    My car is slightly quieter than open headers. Not quite is an understatement.

the Install.
    7 tp 10 days was the contract. A little over a month later my car arrived back here.

First drive. Car smokes. Does not have the power it had when I sent it.
    Next day take it to a local hot rod shop to see what the hell.

Time I got there, stumbling and missing all the way.
    The rear os the car is soaked in oil. The exhast is spitting out oil and oil is dripping from the BOV where the charge is sending oil into the engine.

Intake anfold has a leak all around the valley. Spray brake cleaner anywhere around the intake manifold and change the idle.
    Did not really have to do that you can hear it over the loud exhast. Its a bad leak. Manifold will have to come off and be redone.

Charge pipes form the turbos on both sides ride on the 1/2 shafts. Sounds like a muffler dragging. No way to fix this. I guess QWKGTO did not expect me to put gas in it. Worse with gas but it dragged when I got it with the gas light on. Aluminum chage pipes both sides are almost burned through after the drive to the hot rod shop and back.

Had to park it outside, it has a fuel leak. Smells strong of gas inside and outsid the car. First time my car has spent the night outside in 4 years

Front clip is not installed correctly. Body lines are as much as 1/2" out.

I could go on and on. I am ripping it off today and restoring my car to the clean quite fairly powerful car I sent.

I can not run it as it is. Burning oil, leaking gas, leaky intake manifold.
    Runs like sh*t. Hardly runs at all!!
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size

I have alot more pictures of this crap. Hard to show a black cars rear is soaked in oil. It is. Exhaust just drips oil at idle..as does the BOV.

I will post a video later. Nothing tells the story like a smoking oil blowing, metal grinding, video.
    Maybe he can do LS2's. Failed hoirribly on my LS1.

Told me all this happened in transport. 6500.00 twin turbo install. What a mistake. costly mistake.
    The oil on the front is from the blow off valve,normal discharge from a turbo car if oil enters the boost tubes,the charger pipe on rear must have shifted,looks to me it has hit the half shaft,at some time or other,I did as customer asked and did not rip on his car,he asked I not even spin his new tires,so I did not.I have photos of car before it left my premisses,I also took the shipper a ride in the car.I told the owner and I have the emails,if there is a problem with the oil pump contact me it has a warrantee,as well as the turbos,I dont have the car in front of me,could be a blown fuze,or maybe a shorted wire to that oil return pump,regardless of what it is call me I can walk you through it...we can take care of the problem.as far as not running take the car to a local tuner as you said you were doing,and get it tuned for 10 psi,does not matter what motor its on ls1 or ls2 its boost,this setup works very well.I want this car right as much as you do!
    Last edited by qwkgto; 08-21-2009 at 10:21 AM.
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

:\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Black
    2004 Pontiac GTO M-6

I drove it to a tuner. The first and only place it went.

3 of them got under it. Shook there heads.
    Asked me did I like it that loud. Had me open the hood and thats when we found the bad manifold leak. Thought it was maybe a line but ends up being the entire manifold. Gasket blown...
    You said you ran it at 10PSI boost.
    You also did not figure on any weight added to the rear. Filling it with gas did not make the charge pipe hit ocaisonally. It rides on it constantly.

I do not doubt you want it fixed. I have paid you far to much money to trust you anymore. BOV supposed to blow oil? Whatever you say.

The oil pump is running. It has a really annoying whine you can hear over the absurbly loud exhaust.

FYI. The guy who transported my car twice was not at all happy with what you did to my car. Told you he is just a really nice person.
    Shook his head when I started it behind his trailer. Said he knew when he picked it up I was not going to be happy.
    Followed me home in my truck and told me about the smoke and oil. I did not notice it..to caught up in the loudness of the thing , had not driven my car in over a month.

Impulse Blurr
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Is this chair taken?

IBM
    04 GTO

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Goat-E View Post
    Is this chair taken?
    Have a seat I'll even share my foot stool...

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

I'm wondering what you consider as loud because I've heard Roger's car and don't think it's half as loud as a lot of modified GTOs with a cam LTs and exhaust.

I have a question on the fuel system smelling like gas. Did he use braided lines...because it's normal for those to smell like gas, it's normal and harmless. FWIW, I had that told to me by a Russell engineer about the GTO fuel line replacement that they make that I bought. The only way it wouldn't smell is if they used teflon lined lines and then it would be mega expensive.

As far as the front lip it's very common and well documented to just kiss that goodby even if a Pontiac dealers bodyshop takes it off...that's where mine broke and they just said it's a poor design and nothing could be done unless I bought a new one.

To me it looks like the charge pipe hitting the half shaft is the main issue that needs to be corrected, I'm wondering if the aftermarket stub diameter is larger then the OEMs and thats what went wrong with the fitment. I don't think the other cars he's done went to aftermarket stubs and axles
    Last edited by GTO1_OHIO; 08-21-2009 at 07:55 PM.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

I have told you I will work with you,the issues are all part of doing a setup,charge pipe easy fix,I had a full tank of gas in the car at one time ,pipes shift,easy fix dimple them with a hammer,I usually cut the brace where the sway bar mounts in the rear,but all the emails you sent me complaining about this and that I knew you were not going to be happy no matter what I or anyone else did to your car..from all the emails you sent me what 171 in 3 weeks hell I was lucky to have time to work on your car for answering emails ,I have them all,you bitching about the other shop who put in your clutch etc etc...then you say your shop is the only garage..WTFE,you will not be happy no matter what...the gas lines do have a smell at times just a fact,they do go away.the front clip is not on wrong nor is the body line out by 1/2.I did NOT break any clips on that front bumper cover,yes Gary the guy who shipped car for you said you were not going to be happy said you were just like that..again I have the emails to back up what IM saying..BOTTOM line the kit was up running and car had no issues when it left here! I have a video of it before it left also many pictures..IF THOSE TURBOS ARE LEAKING,I will replace them as I told you,and as far as the oil pump it whines its meant to do that so you know its working!( sound like a external fuel pump) Why do you feel the need to come on here and try to discredit my hard work,dont want that kit send it back I will install it free on someone elses car and show you what it will do,my own car has the same setup it runs 10s.my proof...here is just one of the emails you sent me 1 of the 171 I have in my folder from you..From: This sender is DomainKeys verified"Michael Blue" <mblue2050@gmail.com>Add sender to ContactsTo: "chuck rogers" <gto_cars@yahoo.com>Yea, xxx motorsports. They argued with me right there in the shop. Told me I did not know what I was talking about. All Tremec t56's get 2.8 quarts they said....all of them.
    I will go back with ammo. Manual says 4.6.
    Also know what they said was utter bullshit. Every different car has different T-56 angles. Making for different amounts of fluid.
    I will probably drain it and refill for my peace of mind. Fuck that shop.

an another...From: This sender is DomainKeys verified"Michael Blue" <mblue2050@gmail.com>Add sender to ContactsTo: "chuck rogers" <gto_cars@yahoo.com>You are a first. As a rule nobody touches my car but me. The good shop is my garage. That clutch was actually the first foreign assault on my girl and they fucked up.
    Call me a wannabe or whatever. I do not need help. Used you because I can't weld pretty and you had done it twice before.
    I am more likely to buy HP Tuners.

I 9QWKGTO)did not want this to go like this but ,Ive done nothing but good things on this site and you are not draging me down! what part of ill work with do you NOT understand,again turbo come with A 6 month warrantee,I will replace them send them back take 5 minutes to pull them off. as for the intake I told you there was oil and sand all over it when I got that car ,you said from living on a back road in Georgia,I replaced a valve cover gasket (it was leaking) I never had the intake off nor the drivers side valve cover.Yes I ran 10 psi through your car and it ran really well,this is the reason I left tune low and safe your words....--- On Sun, 8/16/09, Michael Blue <mblue2050@gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: MY car
    To: "Roger QWKGTO" <gto_cars@yahoo.com>
    Date: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 8:28 PM

I arranged for Gary to pick the car up Monday or Tuesday, Told you I would tell you what day Sunday.
    I call him and he tells me he talked to you and you want the car another day.
    You have had my car long enough. Way past what our original agreement was and its not quite as we agreed so I have to have work done here.

I told Gary to watch the storms and if they are not a problem he is to pick it up tomorrow.
    Where are the pictures of the BMR on you promised.
    Where is the invoice you promised.

I want my car back so I can fix it.

Blue
    In your own words...
    Last edited by qwkgto; 08-22-2009 at 06:57 AM.

Black
    2004 Pontiac GTO M-6

You promised me a dialy update. I got the one (1) that promised and what you did that day. Never received another update so I wrote asking.
    I also asked for an invoice and you said you did not have time.
    I should have the wararnty info for these parts as part of the package.
    I should not have to pay to ship you failed parts then wait on you to make it happen.

As for writing. I thought we were going to be friends. Have plenty from you too. I shared with you someone very close to me being diagnosed with cancer and asked you want I might need to do to prep my car for the power. My mistake. I wrote you 64 times over 7 weeks. I can type.

"want it quite ,no problem we can install small mufflers in between turbos and tips,ground clearance is same as stock exhaust and usually higher,mine has never hit,everything will be new.there is no drone on my car now even without the x pipe I had on last setup.let me know what you think,RogerC"

My car is messed up. Your answer was it happened in shipping and the BOV is supposed to blow oil out.
    I gave up on an intelligent answer from you after several conversations.

Why. I am terribly dissapointed in the work you did to my car. Pissed. My car is parked and can't run.
    Others considering this install can see and read what you did to my car.

Heres another picture. Right side turbo and exhaust pipe
    Last edited by blue2050; 08-22-2009 at 02:00 PM.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

This is very simple, I need the turbo thats leaking back,never said you had to pay for shipping of parts,I do need it back for pelacement,send it to me and I will get you a new one.I have one,will get it to you first thing monday,question...just drivers side leaking correct? Also take a look at your spark plugs if they look fouled send them to me as well with turbo ,I will replace them .faulty parts beyond my control,they will be replaced so you can get this up and running and turn some boost to the car.

Black
    2004 Pontiac GTO M-6

Yea, just the left side turbo caked in oil.
    But oil drips from both exahust tips at idle...engine running temp.

This is what I am talking about. This is one of many problems.

How can I get it to you to return it without paying for shippping to you.
    I should have the warranties for the new parts on my car in my files.
    Send me the paprwork and warranties for each new part as I requested.
    Send me my OEM parts as agreed..and the wire for my gauge you forgot to send

Pretty sure I told you I contract overseas alot for the USA. I leave next Saturday for Brussles, Belgium. Will be there at least 4 months.

Would have been nice to have had my car to drive and maybe race once before I leave

I really do not have time to rely on you to get me new replacement parts.
    Should not have to.
    I appreciate your offer, I can't repair it by slowly sending you failed parts.
    I should be able to sumbit the proper paperwork and get a replacement.

Failed the day I got it. Sh*t happens. I guess I was really expecting my car to work when I got it.

The 1/2 shaft and CV are no larger than stock. Taken for 1400.00 for what I uderstood was going to be BMR shafts. Got used lesser parts.
    The reason the front clip did not fit correctly is beacuse the bumper is loosed almost off it threads to get the intercooler in betwen the radior and the bumper. Horns flapping around as they use the bumper bolts too. Might want to look at yours rather than say a body panel will never go back on correctly. It does when the bumper is installed correctly.

For the people watching, I am done.
    Last edited by blue2050; 08-25-2009 at 02:35 PM.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

fed ex tracking number
    800583510000422 parts were on the way this past friday,check number above.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

here is photos of my car with mufflers after the turbos,car sounds AWESOME,I made a video but it is hard to hear the real sound,even under full boost sounds amazing,those are 1 chamber flowmasters.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by blue2050 View Post
    Yea, just the left side turbo caked in oil.
    But oil drips from both exahust tips at idle...engine running temp.

This is what I am talking about. This is one of many problems.

How can I get it to you to return it without paying for shippping to you.
    I should have the warranties for the new parts on my car in my files.
    Send me the paprwork and warranties for each new part as I requested.
    Send me my OEM parts as agreed..and the wire for my gauge you forgot to send

Pretty sure I told you I contract overseas alot for the USA. I leave next Saturday for Brussles, Belgium. Will be there at least 4 months.

Would have been nice to have had my car to drive and maybe race once before I leave

I really do not have time to rely on you to get me new replacement parts.
    Should not have to.
    I appreciate your offer, I can't repair it by slowly sending you failed parts.
    I should be able to sumbit the proper paperwork and get a replacement.

Failed the day I got it. Sh*t happens. I guess I was really expecting my car to work when I got it.

The 1/2 shaft and CV are no larger than stock. Taken for 1400.00 for what I uderstood was going to be BMR shafts. Got used lesser parts.
    The reason the front clip did not fit correctly is beacuse the bumper is loosed almost off it threads to get the intercooler in betwen the radior and the bumper. Horns flapping around as they use the bumper bolts too. Might want to look at yours rather than say a body panel will never go back on correctly. It does when the bumper is installed correctly.

For the people watching, I am done.
    The stub to hubs are NOT even close to stock those are the DSshops 1000+hp. here is a pic of exactly whats ON your car those cost $1650 plus shipping you got them installed for $1400.

Black
    2004 Pontiac GTO M-6

All I know is the ones on my car do not look like that.
    They are rusted and do not look new at all.
    I do not not know hat you did with my car while you had it for 5 weeks.

You told me you never drove it if it had been raining.
    These 1/2 shaft and CV shafts are not like the picture you posted and sent me. Look old.

My 30,000+ mile, 5 year old OEM look better
    Last edited by blue2050; 08-26-2009 at 07:51 AM.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

I have the Drive Shaft Shops 1000 rwhp stub to hubs on my car also. They started to flash rust almost immediately after I had them installed. I also wasn't real happy with that. Only thing you can do is get them powder coated.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

they were laying in the box in the garage, dont take some things much to gather surface rust,I did spray bomb them,we never spoke of BMR hub to stubs,only thing i have on my car from BMR are the frame ties.Besides look at the new photo I posted up above,they come with NO paint on them! and after you drive them a few miles they get dirty! go drive it in the rain they will clean up..
    Last edited by qwkgto; 08-26-2009 at 06:02 PM.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I have heard that our front bumper covers will flex from the outside heat. Mine warps a little on hot Summer days.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    here is photos of my car with mufflers after the turbos,car sounds AWESOME,I made a video but it is hard to hear the real sound,even under full boost sounds amazing,those are 1 chamber flowmasters.
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size

Why would you use a chambered muffler after a turbo over a straight-through? My own car back in the day picked up tremendously ditching the chambered for a bullet. Now a days on most boards, it seems to be commonly accepted as well.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Why would you use a chambered muffler after a turbo over a straight-through? My own car back in the day picked up tremendously ditching the chambered for a bullet. Now a days on most boards, it seems to be commonly accepted as well.
    they were given to me,ran car, has not lost a thing except the loudness.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information