Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

gto twin turbo build

This is a discussion on gto twin turbo build within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Weak springs may indeed be the answer to the ONE problem it HAD. Would have upgraded this to if needed...

Black
    2004 Pontiac GTO M-6

Weak springs may indeed be the answer to the ONE problem it HAD.
    Would have upgraded this to if needed

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    just a thought . what if (purely by accident) the transporter straped the car down in the back over the (now rubbing) charge pipe which also could have kinked an oil return line......oil pressure buidup in a turbo and BAM there go the seals and oil would be pumped into the motor
    Exactly what I was trying to get across.

I just trailered my daughters 2003 Grand Prix to Orlando last month so I know the routine. You have to strap the wheels so that the suspension absorbs the bumps...just like you were driving the car. If you strap the frame down tight you cause the car and everything on and in it to take a direct beating. For long distances this is brutal. This is exactly why so many of our strut mounts were damaged on the voyage from Austrailia. I'm guessing he strapped the frame...and this is why I think problems occured during transport.

Black
    2004 Pontiac GTO M-6

I watched him strap and unstrap it here.

Its a transport specifally for made for cars. 24' enclosed new trailer, designed for cars. His two previous cars were a Mercedes AMG who wrote great reviews and a Corvette ZR1 who also wrote great reviews. Page after page of great reviews.
    I am a member of a shipping site. U ship. I could show you a long list of great remarks. His name on the uship.com site is directship16. Look him up.
    He is a member of several car clubs himself. All I remember is Porsche. Has a few of those...and a 68 Pontiac Firebird GTO. He liked mine and showed me pics of his. Nice.

I am not sure what he strapped to underneath, but I know it did not pull the car down.
    Pulled it from both ends, wheel chocks made to fit either side of the trailer.
    Designed for the trailer to transport auto's.

I agree some damage could have been done during transport. Will never buy that he drove it. I know him. He is not a kid. Does high end auto transport for a living. I paid for this quality service...twice.

I agree struts or springs might have failed.

I will try again to get Gary to join. He has a GTO.
    Defend himself of these accusations.
    Oil line was not restricted period.

The car was fine when Roger in Ohio, got it from Florida. Same transport.
    I waited for him to be available again.
    Roger got a couple of more days past when he told me it was ready.
    Then the day before it was to be picked up Roger needed more time for some unkown reason.
    It was ready..done, a few days before.

I am very particular about my car. I made a costly mistake with QWKGTO but did not make a mistake with the way I had my GTO transported.
    Roger will tell you it was a damn nice rig my car was loaded in.

SRM
    2006 Pontaic GTO

Quote Originally Posted by blue2050 View Post

Its a transport specifally for made for cars. 24' enclosed new trailer, designed for cars. His two previous cars were a Mercedes AMG who wrote great reviews and a Corvette ZR1 who also wrote great reviews. Page after page of great reviews.
    I am a member of a shipping site. U ship. I could show you a long list of great remarks. His name on the uship.com site is directship16. Look him up.
    He is a member of several car clubs himself. All I remember is Porsche. Has a few of those...and a 68 Pontiac Firebird GTO. He liked mine and showed me pics of his. Nice.

I am not sure what he strapped to underneath, but I know it did not pull the car down.

I agree some damage could have been done during transport. Will never buy that he drove it. I know him. He is not a kid. Does high end auto transport for a living. I paid for this quality service...twice.

Then the day before it was to be picked up Roger needed more time for some unkown reason.

I am very particular about my car. I made a costly mistake with QWKGTO but did not make a mistake with the way I had my GTO transported.
    I must applaud the way you are handling this. Very classy.

If it were me,I would make it a point to make it to Ohio ASAP.

hugger orange

no accussing here, just a thought.
    I do know I'm glad I am not involved in either side of this and really wish everything could have gone as planned.

Black
    2004 GTO

So strapping the car down also caused the vacuum leak, the fuel leak, caused zipties to appear on he charge pipes, and the radiator cover to be installed wrong. I'll leave the broken bumper out of this.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by racerx1214 View Post
    So strapping the car down also caused the vacuum leak, the fuel leak, caused zipties to appear on he charge pipes, and the radiator cover to be installed wrong. I'll leave the broken bumper out of this.
    no, but I do hate those bumper clips.....i broke both of mine the first ime I took my bumper off.

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    no, but I do hate those bumper clips.....i broke both of mine the first ime I took my bumper off.
    Yea, I was serious when I said I left it out, the only people who don't break them have very good luck, because there is no easy way to get them off.

hugger orange

Yea, I was serious when I said I left it out, the only people who don't break them have very good luck, because there is no easy way to get them off.
    there is a guy on ls1gto that did a good little writeup on drilling a small hole in the backside of the bumper and bracket to run a ziptie through....cheap quick and it works

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by blue2050 View Post

I'm just saying the custom system was probably not as secure as OEM and that is potentialy how some may have been loosened. Not that it was the transporters fault.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

I've seen a friend have gas shooting all his engine after someone helped him with his Nitrous install too ... things happen even with the best of intentions. Need I say more????

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO View Post
    I've seen a friend have gas shooting all his engine after someone helped him with his Nitrous install too ... things happen even with the best of intentions. Need I say more????
    Yea, that happened after I had the car on the dyno, had nothing to do with me, when people steal parts, problems happen, this had to do with the install mine had nothing to do with it. Unlike you I have the ability to work on my own car. Don't bring me into this when you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about. You still fail to see any wrong doing here.

Blue call a lawyer and get this shit handled.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Yea, that happened after I had the car on the dyno, had nothing to do with me, when people steal parts, problems happen, this had to do with the install mine had nothing to do with it. Unlike you I have the ability to work on my own car. Don't bring me into this when you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about. You still fail to see any wrong doing here.

Blue call a lawyer and get this shit handled.
    Just trying to show you what it looks like to others when you work on a car and something goes wrong and when you put your nose where you know nothing about what went on. In your case something happened between the dyno and the track and in Rogers between Ohio and Florida. Things happen. ...but you want to make it look like only Roger has had things go wrong in the past.
    Last edited by GTO1_OHIO; 09-17-2009 at 01:32 PM.

SRM
    2006 Pontaic GTO

Just trying to show you what it looks like to others when you work on a car and something goes wrong and when you put your nose where you know nothing about what went on. In your case something happened between the dyno and the track and in Rogers between Ohio and Florida. Things happen. ...but you want to make it look like only Roger has had things go wrong in the past.

LOL wow. Just wow. WinnAr!

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

...... Things happen. ...but you want to make it look like only Roger has had things go wrong in the past.
    JEEEEEZZZ enough already... what's it like to ride another man's jock like that?

Hey there buddy, I helped on that nitrous install as well and as Andy said a fuel jet was stolen, had nothing to do with a shitty install.

How many wrenches have you turned on your own car? Just wondering how you would even be able to spot shitty/good work.

OP I think it is time to go the legal route and pin this fucker against the wall.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by SK360 View Post
    Hey there buddy, I helped on that nitrous install as well and as Andy said a fuel jet was stolen, had nothing to do with a shitty install.

How many wrenches have you turned on your own car? Just wondering how you would even be able to spot shitty/good work.

OP I think it is time to go the legal route and pin this fucker against the wall.
    This from a guy posting a "why is my car so slow thread". How comforting.

...and I can afford to not have to work on my own car. I pick out the best then sub out the work just like I do with a lot of things.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by SK360 View Post

LOL you did notice that pile of schtuff right..?
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    JEEEEEZZZ enough already... what's it like to ride another man's jock like that?
    Not even close to seeing the point are you.

The point is that between Sarge and myself we had Blue and qwkgto starting to communicate and work things out. But some people who continue to take a perverse pleasure in making sure this doesn't happen got the two pissed off again and the negotiations stopped cold. This is the same damn thing that happened on that other board. It must be hard for some people to understand that pissed off people don't negotiate.

The only thing I've been trying to do is to show that was not intentional and that things may have contributed to the mess during transport. To his credit, Blue has been more then open to seeing that as a possibility. That was one of Roger's points.

Obviously Blue isn't happy with the results of qwkgto's work and that's the point that qwkgto is going to need to accept. From his point of view he thought he put a lot of effort and quality into what he had done. I'll assure you that no one was more surprised at how the car ran when Blue got it then qwkgto was. The bottom line is that this was the second car he had done in a month and expected to do more. Why would he, as some claim, purposely have tried to screw Blue?

That being the case, I'm going to try to get qwkgto to make a parts and price list to present to Blue. ...But communicating only here with all these assholes purposely fucking up the process will not help anyone.
    Last edited by 0rion; 09-17-2009 at 05:59 PM.

Black
    2004 GTO

I've gotta pull my pant legs up in here.............. The bullshit's gettin too deep.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information