Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

GTO trade for a 5th Gen ??

This is a discussion on GTO trade for a 5th Gen ?? within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by noyz1 one can tell you've never spend any time behind the wheel of a goat. The interior ...

Black
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE

Quote Originally Posted by noyz1 View Post
    one can tell you've never spend any time behind the wheel of a goat. The interior of the Camaro is cheap- seats are uncomfortable & if they are anything like previous Camaros they'll be rattling soon after you purchase one.
    I think GM should have mirrored the interior of the GTO for the 2010 Camaro and saved a ton of development $'s and offered a lower MSRP. To offer the 2010 Camaro with just the lame navigation system they offer is a big mistake in my mind. I like the console gauges in the Camaro but the Speedo and Tach readout is ugly as are the Radio boobs in my eyes.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

The way I look at it, the 10 Camaro and GTO sit on the same platform. Just the Camaro is a little more updated platform. Why would I get a similarly-based car when I could save money and mod the goat?

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    I'd trade a GTO in on 5th gen in a heart beat. But then again I'm not a huge fan of GTO. I'd take a Caddy too over a GTO.
    I would think you would have to own one to be able to make that decision, I love mine and the fact that I don't see a GTO every 5 minutes. The new 5th gen is very nice looking and I had the pleasure to drive one for a time and liked the Goat much better.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jack View Post
    I would think you would have to own one to be able to make that decision, I love mine and the fact that I don't see a GTO every 5 minutes. The new 5th gen is very nice looking and I had the pleasure to drive one for a time and liked the Goat much better.
    Nope! Like most people, I can take one look @ a car and say I don't like it or I do.. I would'nt pay sticker for, (nor do I need too) anything I don't like the looks of..

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

one can tell you've never spend any time behind the wheel of a goat. The interior of the Camaro is cheap- seats are uncomfortable & if they are anything like previous Camaros they'll be rattling soon after you purchase one.
    Camaro's are supposed to be cheap inside after all they are a cheap car. When I think luxury I don't think "GTO" either. Nice car, but NOT high end luxury..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Nope! Like most people, I can take one look @ a car and say I don't like it or I do.. I would'nt pay sticker for, (nor do I need too) anything I don't like the looks of..
    There is more to a car than just looks,check yours out and let us know why they are so special, and who said anything about sticker?

I f@#ked the prom queen RoadWrath04's Avatar

drivers' morale daily.
    Destroying Mustang-

personal taste, i like driving my GTO better than the brand new SS camaros that we have had here...i've sold 9 of the 2010 camaros, and just ordered a few more...definitely a nice ride and a cool machine, just not my preference...not even really sure why (other than the price tag)

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jack View Post
    There is more to a car than just looks,check yours out and let us know why they are so special, and who said anything about sticker?
    I don't like how GTO looks. If you can't get your head around that, that's too bad. I've owned many cars and 4 Camaro's ALL where purchased for a sticker price in their window based upon looks. I don't buy anything over 10k that does'nt come with a warranty or does'nt look good, useless to test drive if you don't like a cars looks. You obviously misunderstood what "sticker" means or what I ment by it. I can make any car I own fast reguardless of what's under the hood. Pretty simple, I don't drive what I don't like, and certainly would'nt throw money @ something I don't care for.......
    Last edited by Smittro; 05-07-2010 at 06:27 PM.

Universal Pisser Offer Fester801's Avatar

Torrid Red
    05 GTO M6

Enter Moderator in ...3...2...1

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Fester801 View Post
    Enter Moderator in ...3...2...1
    For what?? I like what I like and that's all there is to it. Yes I would trade a GTO in on a 5th gen right now if this thread would have stayed on track ,and if the situation to choose between the 2 cars arised........... Other wise maybe the title should have been, "why don't u like my GTO?"....
    Last edited by Smittro; 05-07-2010 at 11:30 PM.

Universal Pisser Offer Fester801's Avatar

Torrid Red
    05 GTO M6

Hmmm, seems the thread was started by a GTO driver for other GTO drivers asking a very good question. A question many of us GTO drivers have considered over the last several months. Don't remember anything in the question asking Camaro owners which car they preferred. So who got us off track? I've owned two 99 Camaros and I loved them. One of them my father now drives and is bumping 200k miles. My current 05 GTO is the nicest car I've ever owned. Would I like to own a new Camaro?.. Hell yes!!! Would the new Camaro be better than my 99?.. Hell yes!! The styling of the new Camaro is pure greatness and I prefer the EXTERIOR design. I've yet to find a car in the price range of my Goat that has this nice of an interior. Any car that pisses off the Corvette guys because the interior is nicer than theirs has to make you understand that we (GTO owners) have a great vehicle. So, to answer the ORIGINAL question of would I trade in my GTO? The answer is NO at this time. The +'s just don't add up until the Z28 comes out, then I will reconsider. Remember, the thread was started posing a good question for "GTO" owners. I'm sure one of the Camaro threads poses a similar question that "Camaro" owners can debate with other "Camaro" owners. Thank you, that is all.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Fester801 View Post
    Hmmm, seems the thread was started by a GTO driver for other GTO drivers asking a very good question. A question many of us GTO drivers have considered over the last several months. Don't remember anything in the question asking Camaro owners which car they preferred. So who got us off track? I've owned two 99 Camaros and I loved them. One of them my father now drives and is bumping 200k miles. My current 05 GTO is the nicest car I've ever owned. Would I like to own a new Camaro?.. Hell yes!!! Would the new Camaro be better than my 99?.. Hell yes!! The styling of the new Camaro is pure greatness and I prefer the EXTERIOR design. I've yet to find a car in the price range of my Goat that has this nice of an interior. Any car that pisses off the Corvette guys because the interior is nicer than theirs has to make you understand that we (GTO owners) have a great vehicle. So, to answer the ORIGINAL question of would I trade in my GTO? The answer is NO at this time. The +'s just don't add up until the Z28 comes out, then I will reconsider. Remember, the thread was started posing a good question for "GTO" owners. I'm sure one of the Camaro threads poses a similar question that "Camaro" owners can debate with other "Camaro" owners. Thank you, that is all.
    This is an open forum, the title should have included: "GTO owners only". Instead it ask's, "GTO trade for 5th gen ??" which to some is inviting an answer from anyone. Hypothetical questions sometimes get hypothetical answers....

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

^

Nero
    2006 gto

Having owned my GTO since Nov 2007, I've only come to love it more and more each day. I went for an oil change at the local dealership (I have certificates for free changes, otherwise I'd NEVER give a dealership my keys) and tested a new Camaro while I waited. IMO... Uncomfortable seats, more blind spots than windows, and one of the ugliest gauge clusters Ive ever seen. Thing had balls, but so does my Goat. Also, I see at least 5 new Camaro's a day around here. This one jackass with a V6 and exhaust revs his engine every time I drive by, and all I can think is "God that sounds like a Mustang... awful."
    The new Camaro looks gorgeous from the outside. If the experience of driving one wasnt so unlike the experience of seeing one, I might consider it. But as it stands right now, I'll keep my Goat.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

IF I liked the GTO, and IF I was considering trading it for the camaro, i would have to like the looks of the camaro enough to justify the huge price difference. modding can be done to both. You could get to the level of performance you desire in either. Its all about the looks, and money. If you got enough money, go for it. You'll have a newer vehicle to start with. Myself,I love the ws6. I would(and am) go through hell and high water to update the ws6, and make it handle. And if I could get the interior to stop rattling, i would be even happier. If I had the money, I'd get both. But the ws6 STAYS.

IBM
    2005 GTO

This is an open forum, the title should have included: "GTO owners only". Instead it ask's, "GTO trade for 5th gen ??" which to some is inviting an answer from anyone. Hypothetical questions sometimes get hypothetical answers....
    this guy is an ass

Quote Originally Posted by PatrizioD View Post
    Having owned my GTO since Nov 2007, I've only come to love it more and more each day. I went for an oil change at the local dealership (I have certificates for free changes, otherwise I'd NEVER give a dealership my keys) and tested a new Camaro while I waited. IMO... Uncomfortable seats, more blind spots than windows, and one of the ugliest gauge clusters Ive ever seen. Thing had balls, but so does my Goat. Also, I see at least 5 new Camaro's a day around here. This one jackass with a V6 and exhaust revs his engine every time I drive by, and all I can think is "God that sounds like a Mustang... awful."
    The new Camaro looks gorgeous from the outside. If the experience of driving one wasnt so unlike the experience of seeing one, I might consider it. But as it stands right now, I'll keep my Goat.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    IF I liked the GTO, and IF I was considering trading it for the camaro, i would have to like the looks of the camaro enough to justify the huge price difference. modding can be done to both. You could get to the level of performance you desire in either. Its all about the looks, and money. If you got enough money, go for it. You'll have a newer vehicle to start with. Myself,I love the ws6. I would(and am) go through hell and high water to update the ws6, and make it handle. And if I could get the interior to stop rattling, i would be even happier. If I had the money, I'd get both. But the ws6 STAYS.
    I love the looks for a WS6- was planning on purchasing one new but couldn't swing it in 02- then they stopped making them. As with any f-body they rattle- I have owned several camaro's for a 68 ss 396 to a 84 z28 an quite a few in between. I bought a GTO since they quit making T/A's & I have never regretted it.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

you kinda have to reason you will have to own a GTO to trade it ..AND this is the GTO forum ...

White
    2008 Hummer H3

this guy is an ass

I agree

I love the looks for a WS6- was planning on purchasing one new but couldn't swing it in 02- then they stopped making them. As with any f-body they rattle- I have owned several camaro's for a 68 ss 396 to a 84 z28 an quite a few in between. I bought a GTO since they quit making T/A's & I have never regretted it.
    .and you're a dildo.. and not a member with 20 posts.. now ask me if I give a fuck what you think......
    Last edited by Smittro; 05-08-2010 at 02:09 PM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    you kinda have to reason you will have to own a GTO to trade it ..AND this is the GTO forum ...
    Right! If I had one I WOULD trade it!! Not rocket science. Too many get butt hurt when you don't like what they like..

To the high lighted: So what if it's the GTO forum?. I see other non-gto owners have responded.. WHat's the fuckin' difference??

Some folks need to grow some skin..

IBM
    2005 GTO

.and you're a dildo.. and not a member with 20 posts.. now ask me if I give a fuck what you think......
    I just found this site. I'll be around for a long time. My post number will grow. And you Sir will still be an asshole. Have a nice day.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information