Jrod07

GTO short shifter

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me some specs on the stock shift handle. I am wanting to make a shorter one and any and all help is appreciated. Include what you think would make it a better shifter and i'll try to accomodate you. Email me or post someting.

Thanks,

Jrod
    Last edited by Jrod07; 11-30-2005 at 09:49 AM.

calils1gto
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrod07
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me some specs on the stock shift handle. I am wanting to make a shorter one and any and all help is appreciated. Include what you think would make it a better shifter and i'll try to accomodate you. Email me or post someting.

Thanks,

Jrod
    I think JHP or one of the other Aussie companies sells short sticks, as well as complete short throw units.

Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

If all you want is a short shifter, just break the weld on the mount. Then reweld higher. You essentially drop the shifter down creating a shorter stick.

Shanghai Mica
    2001 HSV SenatorSignature

In an M6 you cannot go wrong with a product called the Rip-Shift.

It's made in Melbourne (australia) by GM Motorsport.

Tightens up the box and with the spring detent, shifting from 2nd to 3rd you simply push the stick straight up - goes in everytime.

Macca

impulse blue
    2005 pontiac gto

how much

Shanghai Mica
    2001 HSV SenatorSignature

G'day mate, $500 AUD for us at home (approx $400USD) , but I believe that JHP (an Australian parts reseller) exports them to the US at a reasonable price.

Manuafacturer link gmmotorsport(dot)com

A quote from another area, so the price may have changed since:

The ULTIMATE 6 speed RIP Shifter (JHP Option 4 Shifter)

Do you find the stock shifter a little rubbery? YES.
    Do you find the stock shifter a little cumbersome and hard to select the correct gear? YES.
    Do you wish you had a slight edge that would help you with your quarter mile times or those times when you are comparing machines on the street? YES.
    Don’t you wish you had a better shifter? YES.

Well we have the solution for you. Let us help shave some time off your quarter mile with the ultimate rip shifter.

Used in Monaro’s for over 2 years in Australia, this shifter is extremely reliable and effective. It is the leading choice if you are serious about performance driving results.

Designed from the ground up as a racing shifter, specifically for the G.M. Holden range, this shifter reduces throw length giving you smooth, ultra quick shifts, helping you with your track times. (You will never miss 3rd gear again.) It truly is the ultimate rip shifter.

One of the best things about the RIP shifter is you do not have to concern yourself with having to modify or buy any other parts to make this baby work. It comes supplied with everything you need. Along with the rigorous and thorough track and road testing our RIP shifter won’t let you down. It is completely reliable.

Why shift through gears when you can glide through them. This RIP shifter is happy to handle repeated hard gear slamming. Give it your best!

Only $367 USD shipped to your door.* Get your RIP Shifter today.#

Email: sales@jhp(dot)com(dot)au with the subject “RIP Shifter” now.

In the internet address and email address, I've put (dot) where the period should go because I cannot post a url or email address yet on this forum.

BTW I have this shifter fitted to my M6 and it makes the stock shifter feel like you are using a stick to stir a bucket of mud, to put it bluntly.

Regards,
    Macca

Thread Information