Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 69

GTO performence

This is a discussion on GTO performence within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by pmolina0436 well the 05 exhaust im looking at will come with the bumper already..thats the good part...what ...

  1. #41
    cutting and welding mark21742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mercersburg pa
    Posts
    6,443

    hugger orange
    2004

    Quote Originally Posted by pmolina0436 View Post
    well the 05 exhaust im looking at will come with the bumper already..thats the good part...what im wondering is if i can use my cats from my 04 with the 05 exhaust...cause the 05 exhaust will not come with the CATS..thanks
    yup it will bolt right up to your mid pipes

  2. #42
    Member The Silver Goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dearborn Michigan
    Posts
    253

    Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

    Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    yup it will bolt right up to your mid pipes
    Here's the difference:
    On your 04 you have a plastic panel underneath (right hand side) which you'll need to remove. You find a threaded hole where you can bolt up a hanger.

    The mufflers on an 04 are at the mid point under the vehicle while the mufflers, I beleive, on the 05 & 06's are hung in the spot where you just removed the panel. I have an 04 and I've not beeen under an 05 or later.

    So you might have a couple of options relative to systems and muffler placement.

    All I know is; a gto should have an exhaust system exiting both the rght and lft sides, thus why I converted mine.

  3. #43
    cutting and welding mark21742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mercersburg pa
    Posts
    6,443

    hugger orange
    2004

    Quote Originally Posted by The Silver Goat View Post
    Here's the difference:
    On your 04 you have a plastic panel underneath (right hand side) which you'll need to remove. You find a threaded hole where you can bolt up a hanger.

    The mufflers on an 04 are at the mid point under the vehicle while the mufflers, I beleive, on the 05 & 06's are hung in the spot where you just removed the panel. I have an 04 and I've not beeen under an 05 or later.

    So you might have a couple of options relative to systems and muffler placement.

    All I know is; a gto should have an exhaust system exiting both the rght and lft sides, thus why I converted mine.
    yeah sorry, I forgot about the plastic panel....unless you plan on hauling a trailer some day, take the center panel out while your under the backend and ditch the big black (V) shaped steel hitch bracket to save a few pounds.
    your right the dual exits look so much better

  4. #44
    Member pmolina0436's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    528

    Black
    2004 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    yeah sorry, I forgot about the plastic panel....unless you plan on hauling a trailer some day, take the center panel out while your under the backend and ditch the big black (V) shaped steel hitch bracket to save a few pounds.
    your right the dual exits look so much better
    yea i know the dual exists will look alot better..i like the 05/06 bumpers cause it says GTO on it..and the dual exist...well thanks you all for the replies..how about tunning???i will be getting a diablo tunner...really not sure how to set it up when i get it?

  5. #45
    Member pmolina0436's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    528

    Black
    2004 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by The Silver Goat View Post
    Here's the difference:
    On your 04 you have a plastic panel underneath (right hand side) which you'll need to remove. You find a threaded hole where you can bolt up a hanger.

    The mufflers on an 04 are at the mid point under the vehicle while the mufflers, I beleive, on the 05 & 06's are hung in the spot where you just removed the panel. I have an 04 and I've not beeen under an 05 or later.

    So you might have a couple of options relative to systems and muffler placement.

    All I know is; a gto should have an exhaust system exiting both the rght and lft sides, thus why I converted mine.
    hey man thanks..yea i agree they look alot better with dual exist.

  6. #46
    Member The Silver Goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dearborn Michigan
    Posts
    253

    Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

    Quote Originally Posted by pmolina0436 View Post
    yea i know the dual exists will look alot better..i like the 05/06 bumpers cause it says GTO on it..and the dual exist...well thanks you all for the replies..how about tunning???i will be getting a diablo tunner...really not sure how to set it up when i get it?
    Once you've completed your mods take it to a local shop suported by Diablo and get a wideband tune. You'll optimize the mods you have...

    When you first get the tuner just load the performance tune. You can spend days refining the preformance tune with your narrow band sensors which are on the vehicle today...a shot in the dark though. A wide band sensor will allow you take advantage across the entire rpm range and get your a/f ratios lined up.

  7. #47
    Member pmolina0436's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    528

    Black
    2004 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by The Silver Goat View Post
    Once you've completed your mods take it to a local shop suported by Diablo and get a wideband tune. You'll optimize the mods you have...

    When you first get the tuner just load the performance tune. You can spend days refining the preformance tune with your narrow band sensors which are on the vehicle today...a shot in the dark though. A wide band sensor will allow you take advantage across the entire rpm range and get your a/f ratios lined up.
    cool cool ...if i get the tunner, and set the performence tune on my car, would it help and add some good HP you can feel, or should i save the 350$ for something else..

  8. #48
    Member The Silver Goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dearborn Michigan
    Posts
    253

    Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

    Quote Originally Posted by pmolina0436 View Post
    cool cool ...if i get the tunner, and set the performence tune on my car, would it help and add some good HP you can feel, or should i save the 350$ for something else..
    I found my on ebay for $150...

    The risk is the guy selling it has to return stock tune back to the vehicle otherwise known as unlocking the tuner. If the a$$hole kept the performance tune on the vehicle it won't work on yours.

    Diablo will not unlock it for you...

    So, the only way to ensure you can get one unlocked off ebay is to pick one up close by so you can hunt the ba$turd down and download his back to the original tune.

    You'll feel a difference with performance tune. the bigger mods the more you're hooked into using a local tuner and creating specific files based on the data exchanged between the shop and Diablo.

  9. #49
    Member pmolina0436's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    528

    Black
    2004 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by The Silver Goat View Post
    I found my on ebay for $150...

    The risk is the guy selling it has to return stock tune back to the vehicle otherwise known as unlocking the tuner. If the a$$hole kept the performance tune on the vehicle it won't work on yours.

    Diablo will not unlock it for you...

    So, the only way to ensure you can get one unlocked off ebay is to pick one up close by so you can hunt the ba$turd down and download his back to the original tune.

    You'll feel a difference with performance tune. the bigger mods the more you're hooked into using a local tuner and creating specific files based on the data exchanged between the shop and Diablo.
    yea ill probly get the tuner new for no risk...ok and other easy mods...i want to get a new bigger intake, but damn they cost some money, plus if i get the intake i would like to get bigger injecters, and fuel rails...anymore easy stuff to buy for my GTO..i got about 500$ left for now...

  10. #50
    HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    BURBANK
    Posts
    1,120
    i have a 2004 A4 GTO, my mods are in my sig and i ran consistent 13.1x runs @106mph....in my opinion i could done better cause my best 60' was 1.9x...

    the main thing is the tune. i feel bad for all of those who spent there money on handheld programmers...Goats need tunes desperately and a handheld programmer can not solve the problem...i ran 13.9x before my cai and pcm tune from nelson performance...afterwards well there you go. i dropped .8 seconds in the 1/4...that tune is a MUST!! honestly the most noticeable mod i have ever done, its hard to believe till you experience it

    Word to the wise...GET THAT TUNE
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

  11. #51
    Member pmolina0436's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    528

    Black
    2004 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke View Post
    i have a 2004 A4 GTO, my mods are in my sig and i ran consistent 13.1x runs @106mph....in my opinion i could done better cause my best 60' was 1.9x...

    the main thing is the tune. i feel bad for all of those who spent there money on handheld programmers...Goats need tunes desperately and a handheld programmer can not solve the problem...i ran 13.9x before my cai and pcm tune from nelson performance...afterwards well there you go. i dropped .8 seconds in the 1/4...that tune is a MUST!! honestly the most noticeable mod i have ever done, its hard to believe till you experience it

    Word to the wise...GET THAT TUNE
    Are you saying hand held programmers wont do good HP? well yea ive heard of nelson performence...how do they work...do they program a computer then send it to you...or you have to take it in?? and how much for the tune

  12. #52
    Member pmolina0436's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    528

    Black
    2004 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I'd go 3000 stall from Performabuilt
    http://performabuilt.com/converters.html
    Get a trannie cooler while your at it.....cheap and easy install.....
    where in Texas are you? I know about every swinging dick that is worth a shit in this state....maybe I can recommend a wrench for you....
    hey can you give me the exact model of the converter on the website? i have a 2004 gto?

  13. #53
    cutting and welding mark21742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mercersburg pa
    Posts
    6,443

    hugger orange
    2004

    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke View Post
    i have a 2004 A4 GTO, my mods are in my sig and i ran consistent 13.1x runs @106mph....in my opinion i could done better cause my best 60' was 1.9x...

    the main thing is the tune. i feel bad for all of those who spent there money on handheld programmers...Goats need tunes desperately and a handheld programmer can not solve the problem...i ran 13.9x before my cai and pcm tune from nelson performance...afterwards well there you go. i dropped .8 seconds in the 1/4...that tune is a MUST!! honestly the most noticeable mod i have ever done, its hard to believe till you experience it

    Word to the wise...GET THAT TUNE
    now that I have the hptuners program I'll sell you my harly used superchips handheld lol
    man you are so right about the difference a good tune makes

  14. #54
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Quote Originally Posted by pmolina0436 View Post
    hey can you give me the exact model of the converter on the website? i have a 2004 gto?
    No I cannot Reason being is simple....you work with them to "tune" your stall to your cam/mods/driving requirements/style....call them and talk to them....then go from there....

  15. #55
    cutting and welding mark21742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mercersburg pa
    Posts
    6,443

    hugger orange
    2004

    hey Sarge, I keep hearing you talk about Nelson tune. is it a company that does computer tuning like mail order or is it a programing system more like hptuners or a hand held?
    Last edited by mark21742; 07-11-2008 at 01:18 PM. Reason: my bad spelling...again

  16. #56
    HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    BURBANK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by pmolina0436 View Post
    Are you saying hand held programmers wont do good HP? well yea ive heard of nelson performence...how do they work...do they program a computer then send it to you...or you have to take it in?? and how much for the tune
    Quote Originally Posted by pmolina0436 View Post
    hey can you give me the exact model of the converter on the website? i have a 2004 gto?
    Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    now that I have the hptuners program I'll sell you my harly used superchips handheld lol
    man you are so right about the difference a good tune makes
    handheld programmers do a pretty decent job with GTO's. but its because theres sooo much that needs to be tuned from our factory tune...soo any lil help seems substantial..However with the tune from Nelson it seriously, i mean seriously seems like its not even the same car. Ive beaten i/e ls2 goats with my ls1. Im also able to chirp second gear (a4) and i have 275/40/17 nitto's on the back. night and day difference buddy, i cant stress that anymore...best money i have ever spent on any mod. and ive had a 94 z28, 04 gto, and now a 01 z28

  17. #57
    Senior Member qwkgto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    OHIO"S only 9 second GTO
    Posts
    1,464

    Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

    drag radial,spray,a good tuner.

  18. #58
    Member pmolina0436's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    528

    Black
    2004 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke View Post
    handheld programmers do a pretty decent job with GTO's. but its because theres sooo much that needs to be tuned from our factory tune...soo any lil help seems substantial..However with the tune from Nelson it seriously, i mean seriously seems like its not even the same car. Ive beaten i/e ls2 goats with my ls1. Im also able to chirp second gear (a4) and i have 275/40/17 nitto's on the back. night and day difference buddy, i cant stress that anymore...best money i have ever spent on any mod. and ive had a 94 z28, 04 gto, and now a 01 z28
    thanks man...ill check out that nelson performnce place online

  19. #59
    Member pmolina0436's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    528

    Black
    2004 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke View Post
    handheld programmers do a pretty decent job with GTO's. but its because theres sooo much that needs to be tuned from our factory tune...soo any lil help seems substantial..However with the tune from Nelson it seriously, i mean seriously seems like its not even the same car. Ive beaten i/e ls2 goats with my ls1. Im also able to chirp second gear (a4) and i have 275/40/17 nitto's on the back. night and day difference buddy, i cant stress that anymore...best money i have ever spent on any mod. and ive had a 94 z28, 04 gto, and now a 01 z28
    hey real quick what should i get...I got about 600$.....stall/cam/tune?

  20. #60
    Member pmolina0436's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    528

    Black
    2004 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    A4 or M6?

    ay what up sarge..I saw your car on the nelson performence website..sweet ride..Ay do you recommend get a NOS system??if so which is the best? and would it damage my engine??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale: Custom Performence Exhaust for F-body $220
    By 98Z28importslayer in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-13-2008, 01:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •