Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 131

GTO intercoled twin turbo system

This is a discussion on GTO intercoled twin turbo system within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I have an 05 GTO M6 How much for the twin turbo set up? Barry...

  1. #81
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sacramento
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1

    Red
    05 GTO

    I have an 05 GTO M6 How much for the twin turbo set up?

    Barry

  2. #82
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Melb Aust
    Age
    58
    Posts
    179

    blue
    05 Monaro

    Quote Originally Posted by gtoinsac View Post
    I have an 05 GTO M6 How much for the twin turbo set up?

    Barry
    Hi Barry, There will be a new specification APS GTO intercooled twin turbo system released in early 07 (most changes are due to higher volume production tooling) and the MSRP will be hugely reduced as there will be some significant savings made in the cost of production, all good. I will post some pics of the APS GTO twin turbo system in the very near future.

    Peter

  3. #83
    Junior Member billabong26z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    35
    Could you PM for pricing on LS2 and LS1? Also a contact number to be able to order.

  4. #84
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Melb Aust
    Age
    58
    Posts
    179

    blue
    05 Monaro

    Quote Originally Posted by billabong26z View Post
    Could you PM for pricing on LS2 and LS1? Also a contact number to be able to order.
    You have pm.

    Thanks,

    Peter

  5. #85
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Melb Aust
    Age
    58
    Posts
    179

    blue
    05 Monaro

    Quote Originally Posted by gtoinsac View Post
    I have an 05 GTO M6 How much for the twin turbo set up?

    Barry
    Barry, Here's a quick pic of the new APS GTO twin turbo system (not 100% complete, best I can do for now) that will be available in early 07, enjoy!



    Peter

  6. #86
    Member ramrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roscoe
    Age
    38
    Posts
    449

    GOT BOOST?
    02 Vette-Black 618 rwhp

    Quote Originally Posted by peter@aps View Post
    Barry, Here's a quick pic of the new APS GTO twin turbo system (not 100% complete, best I can do for now) that will be available in early 07, enjoy!

    Click for full size

    Peter
    That's where my shop vac hose went, on your guys intake piping??? J/K

    Peter looks great !

  7. #87
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Melb Aust
    Age
    58
    Posts
    179

    blue
    05 Monaro

    Quote Originally Posted by ramrod View Post
    That's where my shop vac hose went, on your guys intake piping??? J/K

    Peter looks great !
    Lol..........Glad you like the flexible piping, here's the latest pic, more in the near future.



    Peter

  8. #88
    Member ramrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roscoe
    Age
    38
    Posts
    449

    GOT BOOST?
    02 Vette-Black 618 rwhp

    Peter, would recomend a different intake . Have you seen any troubles with composit material on the stock intake. I would think after long amounts of stress, and heat it would fail. Please let me know you thoughts on this.

  9. #89
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Melb Aust
    Age
    58
    Posts
    179

    blue
    05 Monaro

    Quote Originally Posted by ramrod View Post
    Peter, would recomend a different intake . Have you seen any troubles with composit material on the stock intake. I would think after long amounts of stress, and heat it would fail. Please let me know you thoughts on this.
    I've never had a problem with the stock composite intake manifold on an LS1/LS2 engine (that said I would say it's not impossible not to have a problem given extreme levels of boost) and that I feel is because the inlet air temps are very low due to efficient air to air intercooling on the APS twin turbo system, hope that helps.

    Peter

  10. #90
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by peter@aps View Post
    Lol..........Glad you like the flexible piping, here's the latest pic, more in the near future.

    Click for full size

    Peter
    MUST GET!!!!!!!!!! even tho i dont have a goat..but i'd just hang it up

  11. #91
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Melb Aust
    Age
    58
    Posts
    179

    blue
    05 Monaro

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    MUST GET!!!!!!!!!! even tho i dont have a goat..but i'd just hang it up
    Buy a goat......buy a goat.........you'll love it.

    Peter

  12. #92
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2

    Impulse Blue
    2005 GTO

    Question about turbo spec???

    Peter I am in the process of completing a 455HO superstroked ls2 in my 05 gto. HP,Tq is 605hp,610tq at the flywheel. I Want 1,000hp and 1,000tq to the rear wheels. But i dont want to use anything but 93 octane. Do you see this feasible with your tt setup. I can imagen if i use 104 octane i can hit my goal but if i use anything besides 93 octane it would be all out at vp import 121 octane fuel. That fuel costs waaaaaaaay too much and i am aiming at touring the country so pump gas is manditory. Any help is much appreciated.

    Thanks.... 7.5L

    Ps. The setup is pretty much the same as the 455HO kit built by MTI, if your familure with it.

  13. #93
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Melb Aust
    Age
    58
    Posts
    179

    blue
    05 Monaro

    Quote Originally Posted by destro187 View Post
    Peter I am in the process of completing a 455HO superstroked ls2 in my 05 gto. HP,Tq is 605hp,610tq at the flywheel. I Want 1,000hp and 1,000tq to the rear wheels. But i dont want to use anything but 93 octane.
    Right now the APS TT system won't support that power level, I reckon 800 to 850 whp would be the current power limit, who knows maybe in the future.

    Peter

  14. #94
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2

    Impulse Blue
    2005 GTO

    Well I appreciate your feedback Peter. I guess I should have worded it better when I said turbo spec??? Anyways In your opinion what do I need to do to make this system support my goals. Im a perfectionist when it comes to the quality of parts i use and your systems have completely satisfied me. I want this exact setup but there has to be a way to sustain my goals. PM me if you would like.

    Thanks....7.5L

  15. #95
    Member camaronx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    nashville tn.
    Age
    54
    Posts
    119

    torrid red/red interior
    2005 GTO 6spd

    pm me a price for tt setup on a 05 gto m-6--thanks

  16. #96
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Melb Aust
    Age
    58
    Posts
    179

    blue
    05 Monaro

    Quote Originally Posted by camaronx View Post
    pm me a price for tt setup on a 05 gto m-6--thanks
    You have pm.

    Peter

  17. #97
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Melb Aust
    Age
    58
    Posts
    179

    blue
    05 Monaro

    Quote Originally Posted by destro187 View Post
    Well I appreciate your feedback Peter. I guess I should have worded it better when I said turbo spec??? Anyways In your opinion what do I need to do to make this system support my goals. Im a perfectionist when it comes to the quality of parts i use and your systems have completely satisfied me. I want this exact setup but there has to be a way to sustain my goals. PM me if you would like.

    Thanks....7.5L
    I'm not sure that I can help you with your power/torque goals. Right now we have no plans for the GTO TT system to generate 1000 rwhp/rwtq (around 800/800 is very doable) as there's no affordable drivetrain that can support that massive torque level. If this changes into the future then who knows, maybe APS will look at building bigger twin turbo packages.

  18. #98
    Need Sand ??? Naf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sandbox, Kuwait
    Age
    38
    Posts
    247

    Black
    06 Chevy Caprice HT (RIP)

    Peter,

    How are you today?

    Got a good one for you, i have a 2006 Holden Statesman, Chevy Caprice SS. I have emailed the guys in APS Austrailia and well no kit exists. Another company has one that will squeeze in but i have to relocate the batt...Let the record show, i am not going for the other kit for i like the stealth look.

    Also i have a M12 transmission (t-56 manual) and the max rated Torque is 400ftlb. if your kits puts out 520-530 ftlb wouldnt that slaughter the transmission?

  19. #99
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Melb Aust
    Age
    58
    Posts
    179

    blue
    05 Monaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Naf View Post
    Peter,

    How are you today?

    Got a good one for you, i have a 2006 Holden Statesman, Chevy Caprice SS. I have emailed the guys in APS Austrailia and well no kit exists. Another company has one that will squeeze in but i have to relocate the batt...Let the record show, i am not going for the other kit for i like the stealth look.
    I'm really well and hope you are also. The GTO intercooled twin turbo system may well fit the Holden Caprice with some modification to the intercooler tubing/plumbing, only one way to find out for sure.


    Quote Originally Posted by Naf View Post
    Also i have a M12 transmission (t-56 manual) and the max rated Torque is 400ftlb. if your kits puts out 520-530 ftlb wouldnt that slaughter the transmission?
    I'll get back to you on the trans issue, I need to check the torque ratings on the T56 trans we have here in Aust.

    Peter

  20. #100
    Need Sand ??? Naf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sandbox, Kuwait
    Age
    38
    Posts
    247

    Black
    06 Chevy Caprice HT (RIP)

    Thank you,

    I hope you had a pleasant weekend...

    Looking forward to your reply

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. A quick pic - APS C5 twin turbo system
    By peter@aps in forum Corvette
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 12-03-2006, 04:24 PM
  2. A quick pic - APS C5 twin turbo system
    By peter@aps in forum Forced Induction
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-24-2006, 03:27 PM
  3. C6 twin turbo system component pic
    By peter@aps in forum Forced Induction
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-20-2006, 03:05 PM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-28-2005, 08:00 PM
  5. C6 twin turbo system - pics inside
    By peter@aps in forum Forced Induction
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-02-2005, 04:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •