Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 131

GTO intercoled twin turbo system

This is a discussion on GTO intercoled twin turbo system within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Just a quick post to show you guys a pic of the new intercooled twin turbo system to suit the ...

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Melb Aust
    Age
    58
    Posts
    179

    blue
    05 Monaro

    GTO intercoled twin turbo system

    Just a quick post to show you guys a pic of the new intercooled twin turbo system to suit the LS1/LS2 powered GTO, hope you guys like the pic.

    http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/ls...engine_bay.jpg

    Peter

  2. #2
    Ahh crap... needmorepwr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,761
    '57,'63,'70,'91,'01

    nice!

  3. #3
    I went to Playboy Mansion FantaZGuy28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bakersfield/Long Beach Ca
    Age
    31
    Posts
    888

    YJ
    04 GTO M6


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Melb Aust
    Age
    58
    Posts
    179

    blue
    05 Monaro

    Quote Originally Posted by needmorepwr
    nice!
    Here's a pic viewing the twin turbochargers from underneath the GTO, do you like?




    Peter

  5. #5
    Ahh crap... needmorepwr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,761
    '57,'63,'70,'91,'01

    That is a great setup! Looks like a ton of work, but it came out great!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Melb Aust
    Age
    58
    Posts
    179

    blue
    05 Monaro

    Quote Originally Posted by needmorepwr
    That is a great setup! Looks like a ton of work, but it came out great!
    Two years in engineering, development and testing, all good.

    Peter

  7. #7
    joffa
    Guest
    how much does it cost?

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    down under
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3
    04 tt ss ute

    whats the ground clearance like on the Turbos? Could those hoses that go under the gearbox get ripped out easily?


    Looks good by the way

    Ronny

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Melb Aust
    Age
    58
    Posts
    179

    blue
    05 Monaro

    Quote Originally Posted by sikhabib
    whats the ground clearance like on the Turbos?
    There's loads of ground clearance, you'll tear the steering rack out of the car before the turbos will ever become a problem. You don't see any steering racks damaged by insufficient clearance so there's the answer my friend.


    Quote Originally Posted by sikhabib
    Could those hoses that go under the gearbox get ripped out easily? Looks good by the way
    Ronny
    Thanks for those kind words and the hoses are well protected by a steel sheild, over 60,000 miloes of road testing so far and never an issue with the hoses, all good.

    Peter

  10. #10
    Member Exotic Performance Plus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Columbia City, Indiana
    Posts
    124

    Hugger Orange
    1999 Z28

    I can't wait to get my hands on one! Bob
    Check out our huge website at http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com

    Your Midwest Moser Specialist - We price match!

    Your Midwest ATI ProCharger Specialist - We only sell the best supercharger, the ATI ProCharger! We price match! 260 244-4808

  11. #11
    quicky06
    Guest
    lol when bob wants one its gotta be good

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Melb Aust
    Age
    58
    Posts
    179

    blue
    05 Monaro

    Quote Originally Posted by quicky06
    lol when bob wants one its gotta be good
    Here's a new pic of the 05 model GTO twin turbo install, all coming along well now, just the tuning to finish.



    Peter

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Melb Aust
    Age
    58
    Posts
    179

    blue
    05 Monaro

    Quote Originally Posted by sikhabib
    whats the ground clearance like on the Turbos? Could those hoses that go under the gearbox get ripped out easily?
    Looks good by the way
    Ronny
    Here's a new pic showing the position of the turbochargers and the protection shield, hope you like.



    Peter

  14. #14
    PowerKraus
    Guest
    [QUOTE=peter@aps]Here's a new pic showing the position of the turbochargers and the protection shield, hope you like.

    Well, I think it looks better than many of the C5 TT setups I've seen. With the precipitous drop in price on used GTOs (I've seen 20s)...I may pick one up for a complete set of highspeed modifications, beginning with these TTs.

    Great job and thanks for sharing!

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Melb Aust
    Age
    58
    Posts
    179

    blue
    05 Monaro

    Quote Originally Posted by PowerKraus

    Well, I think it looks better than many of the C5 TT setups I've seen. With the precipitous drop in price on used GTOs (I've seen 20s)...I may pick one up for a complete set of highspeed modifications, beginning with these TTs.

    Great job and thanks for sharing!
    Gee, That's an amazing price for a used GTO and awesome value if you can indeed find a well looked after GTO in the mid 20s, good luck with your hunt and I hope you find a pre loved GTO to your liking. I'll post some new pics on the twin turbo system in the near future, great to know you liked the twin turbo package.

    Peter

  16. #16
    PowerKraus
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by peter@aps
    Gee, That's an amazing price for a used GTO and awesome value if you can indeed find a well looked after GTO in the mid 20s, good luck with your hunt and I hope you find a pre loved GTO to your liking. I'll post some new pics on the twin turbo system in the near future, great to know you liked the twin turbo package.

    Peter
    I just love these LS6 / LS2 motors and think people poo poo the GTO unfairly. I am on the fence though between the 04's and 05's, as, for example, CarMax reflects about a $4,000 price difference, and I am not convinced it is worth it, rather out the $4,000 to a TT.

    Anyway, I did not mean to hi-jack this thread....I look forward to seeing what the future holds for power adder stuff.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Melb Aust
    Age
    58
    Posts
    179

    blue
    05 Monaro

    Quote Originally Posted by PowerKraus
    I just love these LS6 / LS2 motors and think people poo poo the GTO unfairly. I am on the fence though between the 04's and 05's, as, for example, CarMax reflects about a $4,000 price difference, and I am not convinced it is worth it, rather out the $4,000 to a TT.
    If you're going to go with an intercooled twin turbo system you may as well save the $4k and get the 04 model with the LS1 engine, it will be a very fast car.

    Peter

  18. #18
    Ghost Rider
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by peter@aps
    Here's a new pic showing the position of the turbochargers and the protection shield, hope you like.



    Peter

    AMAZING SETUP. What kind of HP/TQ does this setup put out? Is this on a stock engine or a modded engine with head work and forged bottom end?

  19. #19
    Story of My Life!! BIG D's SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Commerce Ga
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,995

    Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

    Nice setup. Anything like that for the f-bodys?

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Melb Aust
    Age
    58
    Posts
    179

    blue
    05 Monaro

    Quote Originally Posted by big d's ss
    Nice setup. Anything like that for the f-bodys?
    Not at this time my friend though there will be an intercoled twin turbo systems for the C6 Corvette in the near future.

    Peter

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. A quick pic - APS C5 twin turbo system
    By peter@aps in forum Corvette
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 12-03-2006, 04:24 PM
  2. A quick pic - APS C5 twin turbo system
    By peter@aps in forum Forced Induction
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-24-2006, 03:27 PM
  3. C6 twin turbo system component pic
    By peter@aps in forum Forced Induction
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-20-2006, 03:05 PM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-28-2005, 08:00 PM
  5. C6 twin turbo system - pics inside
    By peter@aps in forum Forced Induction
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-02-2005, 04:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •