GTO info

This is a discussion on GTO info within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Hey everyone, I recently test drove a GTO and fell in love. I am an avid F-body fan, never owned ...

twilbourn

GTO info

Hey everyone,

I recently test drove a GTO and fell in love. I am an avid F-body fan, never owned one but i have driven many and loved them all. anyways i came across a GTO when i was looking for a new car. (rx-8, mustang GT, 350Z, G35) a test drove it and loved it. I was curious to know how many of you guys use this car as a daily driver? and what is typical mileage in a M6? what draw backs do you know now you didnt know before? any info would be great im looking at getting a 05 m6 GTO.

Thanks

tim

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

go to the feedback on 05/06 gto thread

WAY SLOW Z
    Gas mpg sucks .. but thats not why your buying it is it ?

twilbourn
    actually....no im not buying it for the gas mileage. but seriously what do they get? the manuals say 17/24??? is that acurate at all and i know its all about how you drive but i wont be that crazy

Cyclone Grey
    2005 M6 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by twilbourn
    actually....no im not buying it for the gas mileage. but seriously what do they get? the manuals say 17/24??? is that acurate at all and i know its all about how you drive but i wont be that crazy
    I have an 05 M6 and commute to work using local streets. I'm getting about 15-18mpg depending on how bad traffic is. I've gotten 26mpg hwy cruising at 70mph. I recently did an 810mi trip and averaged 23.2mpg doin 85-90mph most of the way.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Get the G35, sweet looking ride inside and out. Unless you want gobs of power then get the goat

Awaiting Activation

Quicksilver
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Get the Goat. It's a sweet looking ride that has GREAT performance all around. There are faster cars, better looking (in some peoples' opinion) cars, better handling cars, (usually compromised in some other area), and so on. But the thrill of the exhaust, the instant torque, the pleasing ride quality and the overall essence of the car are hard to beat.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Dont get the GTO.
    Folks will be hollering and waving/thumbs up at you all the time. You gotta clean the nose prints off your windows all the time. Girls showning you their tig ol bitties out on the highway. It's horrible. Get the G35 like suggested above. Then you dont have to worry about all that shit I have to put up with all the time.
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

twilbourn
    well hell i think im just gonna get a mini van then, that way i dont have to worry about anything. but in all seriousness!?!? (if that is a real word) is the GTO worth the price tag as a Daily driver?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Is in my book for sure....

txcosmos
    I drive mine as a daily driver. Gas mileage isn't great, but having the chance to smoke vette's and stangs at any given time sure feels great!

Torrid Red
    05 GTO

The gas mileage isnt bad for a 400hp car, Im gettin 18.5 in the city. My girlfriends Mustang averages about 16, the G35 supposedly gets about the same as a GTO. So why go for less HP and the same if not worse mileage??

Cyclone Gray(dealer said)
    05-GTO

Live in Chicago (05 Auto) using as daily driver. average 14.8, but only got 600 miles. And I was foot heavy the first two weeks. Getting better though

sunset orange
    2001 Z28

i've got a 2004 GTO auto. and my milage is 20.2 mpg. It is my daily driver while my 2001 sunset z. rests in the garage until summer. I love the goat .but never would replace my z with it

Sandstone
    09 VE Omega Int Dual Fuel

Good tune and you will get very good mileage for a fairly potent car!

Mike

red
    2002 corvette

Talking

I Don/t Type Very Fast So I Can/t Say Much But In My Opion
    Pontiac Hit It Right With The Gto I Have A 06 Six Speed With 18 Wheels And I Think This Is The Best All Around Performace Car For The Money. I Sold A 2002 C5 To Buy This Car It Was The First 06 Delivered In Central Mississippi I Still Have A 2002 C5 Convertable
    And A 98 Cobra Mustang The Gto Is Faster I Think But I/m Not Sure But If Anyone Ever Rips Me Off I Hope To Hell They Leave That Gto In My Garage

Phantom Metallic Black
    2005 Pontiac GTO

Thumbs up

I can not tell you about the attention my goat gets, I have people talk to me at the gas stations, ask me to roll the window down at the traffic light to ask about the car. You don't see very many GTO's on the street, mustangs,
    350Z, and G35 are more common. Nothing against those cars, I was considering a Mustang GT or the 350Z and they are great cars as well. But for the power, and the exclusivity, the GTO was the car for me. Anyone who knows a little about cars see the letters GTO, will give you a respecting nod and thumbs up. For those who don't, well ... just let them watch those letters, GTO disappear in a cloud of smoke as you pull away.

Thread Information