GTO HID conversion

This is a discussion on GTO HID conversion within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; what up.. i am trying to figure out what to do here. i am gonna get the HID conversion for ...

phantom black
    '05 GTO

Smile GTO HID conversion

what up.. i am trying to figure out what to do here. i am gonna get the HID conversion for my '05. i kno im gonna need the H11 style conversion bulbs.. but which ones.. what is the difference in 6000k and 8000 and 10000k bulbs??? higher frequency - brighter projection or something??? i want them to look like the C6 vettes. thanks yall

red
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by blackLS2goat View Post
    what up.. i am trying to figure out what to do here. i am gonna get the HID conversion for my '05. i kno im gonna need the H11 style conversion bulbs.. but which ones.. what is the difference in 6000k and 8000 and 10000k bulbs??? higher frequency - brighter projection or something??? i want them to look like the C6 vettes. thanks yall
    im planning on doing the same to my 04, i plan on getting the 8000k. The difference that i have seen is the color of the light, the 6000k are white, 8000k are white/blue and the 10000k are realy blue they almost look purple. I dont know exactly what the C6 has but from the looks of them they look like 8000k to me. How much you buying your HIDs for?

phantom black
    '05 GTO

im getting them from xenonlink.com they are $135 with free shipping! a friend witha black 05 like mine has them in his headlights and in the fog lights in his bumper and this is th site where he got his

red
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by blackLS2goat View Post
    im getting them from xenonlink.com they are $135 with free shipping! a friend witha black 05 like mine has them in his headlights and in the fog lights in his bumper and this is th site where he got his
    thats where i am planning to get mine, i bought some for a friend and put them in, they look good so now its my turn.

phantom black
    '05 GTO

do u kno which lights to get to go in the bumper??

Black Metallic on Black
    2004 Pontiac GTO M6

I plan to do the same thing for my headlights and fog lights...
    These HID kits were so expensive last time I remember wanting one for my previous cars bur now they're very affordable....Did the price drop down alot?...Are they the same quality as the once you see in cars already equiped from factory??? and will it work just fine with the stock headlight/foglight assembly?..

red
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by chris190 View Post
    I plan to do the same thing for my headlights and fog lights...
    These HID kits were so expensive last time I remember wanting one for my previous cars bur now they're very affordable....Did the price drop down alot?...Are they the same quality as the once you see in cars already equiped from factory??? and will it work just fine with the stock headlight/foglight assembly?..
    Yes they are of the same quality and will work fine with the factory assembly, everything comes with the kit in a nice lil case if i might add. The kits run 135 with free shipping in any of your choices of 6000k, 8000k and 10000k. xenonlink.com will have what you need

Black Metallic on Black
    2004 Pontiac GTO M6

Thank You Sir!!.....Info is very much appreciated....

Regards,

Chris

4300k hid bulbs are the most pure white light, and from what I've heard they are also the brightest. The lower numbers will produce a more yellow tint, and the higher numbers tend to produce a blue or purple tint. Both higher and lower k numbers will produce less usable light. 6300k gives off a slight bluish color, 8000k gives off a more purple color. Most of this information I got on another forum, but you can also find it at xenondepot.com

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    i just put in some 10000k lights from xenonlink.com...dude theres sssiiick. im getting them for my fogs next

YELLOW
    04 GTO

go to ebay! found that same conersion kit for 70.00 brand new... and was tons of kits available. and that included shipping

Thread Information