NBM
    '00 A4 SS

GTO guys, need your input.

Well, I'm currently in the market for another ride. After some research and thinking, turns out I'm probably going to end up purchasing a GTO. Been really considering one for the past 3 months or so along with an F-body/Mustang and it seems like the GTO will fit my needs much better than the other choices. But, I'm just wondering, what are some of the common major issues that occur with these cars? I've done some research on the subject and it seems that the rear bushings go bad after a while and the rear tends to sag as well, but didn't really see much else related to common issues for some reason. I also read through the sticky posted in this section that has some of the issues listed but if someone could be kind enough to do a more general breakdown, that'd be awesome

The max I plan to spend is about 14k and judging by the price range these cars are in, I'll most likely end up with a mid-mileage 04, which is great.

But yeah, back to the original question, just wondering about some of the common major issues with these cars to look out for. To add, the car will probably only be driven 2-3 times a week at most since I have a truck to daily drive so the wear and tear on it won't be too bad.

Thanks in advance guys.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Pedders conversion is easy. Huge difference. What year are you looking at? Ls1 or LS2?

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Yeah, I've heard good things about the Pedders suspension conversion for these cars, that's something I will be investing in along with lowering springs.

The max I'm willing to spend is 14k, so I'll most likely end up with an LS1. But, if I can find an LS2 in my price range by some miracle I'd jump on it for sure! Not likely to happen but, just sayin....

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Friend of a friend just bought a cherry/clean 14K mile 06 for $15K

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Wow, now that is what I call a steal, a 14k mile LS2 for 15k? Just wow. Almost sounds like a salvage title car. But yeah, if I can find a deal like that on a 6 speed that would be excellent.

Either way, LS1 or LS2, it's a win-win situation. Whatever I can get a deal on I'll go with man.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

If it's been well taken care of, then just save up for any mods you want down the road.

Thread Information