Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

gto?

This is a discussion on gto? within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; As do I. A GTO is a GTO regardless of it being LS1/2, 04/5/6. I got hooked after I test ...

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

As do I. A GTO is a GTO regardless of it being LS1/2, 04/5/6. I got hooked after I test drove an 04 back in 05. Got my 04 in 08 and never looked back.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

I love my SS but my wife's GTO rocks for an every day driver.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I think there are very few GTO owners that don't love their cars. That says a lot.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Love my GTO don't get me wrong but for a DD mine has been far from perfect. Lots of little problems some quite expensive. I've put roughly 120K miles in 5 years on mine. I'll admit I'm rough on cars, and live on pretty rough back roads and drive 100 miles a day. The window switches work when they want to in cold weather (200$). Windows on GTO's are not like most other cars I've seen, they do not ride in window tracks, they are glued to rollers that ride in tracks. If this glue does fail it is not able to be reglued (been to 5 separate auto glass shops none of them had to even look at it, they already knew once I said GTO what happened so I know I'm not the first) the only fix is to replace the window (1200$). Shifter handle is pretty weak, mine broke in half a long while ago (no biggie if you switch a short throw anyway), suede strips on doors came unglued and had to reglue them, headliner is falling, replaced both rear wheel bearings and Oil consumption is crazy, not going to get started on the key fobs and keeping the ignition switch lubed and the other problems that are not the car's fault per se.

If I could get rid of this car I would but honestly I'd probably buy another lower mileage one to start over with (IBM 6M 18"). I love how it drives, the power is obviously great, interior is better than most GM cars. Maybe I got a bum one, I dunno but now that I split driver duties with another car and or carpool I don't put that many miles on it maybe I can concentrate on fixing all the stuff wrong with it. Great car but my Z28 handled the abuse better with monthly trips to the track, the GTO's only been once.

black
    2000 trans am

I will be looking at an 06 gto with 46k miles..
    Asking price 16000k

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by slims00ls1z28 View Post
    Love my GTO don't get me wrong but for a DD mine has been far from perfect. Lots of little problems some quite expensive. I've put roughly 120K miles in 5 years on mine. I'll admit I'm rough on cars, and live on pretty rough back roads and drive 100 miles a day. The window switches work when they want to in cold weather (200$). Windows on GTO's are not like most other cars I've seen, they do not ride in window tracks, they are glued to rollers that ride in tracks. If this glue does fail it is not able to be reglued (been to 5 separate auto glass shops none of them had to even look at it, they already knew once I said GTO what happened so I know I'm not the first) the only fix is to replace the window (1200$). Shifter handle is pretty weak, mine broke in half a long while ago (no biggie if you switch a short throw anyway), suede strips on doors came unglued and had to reglue them, headliner is falling, replaced both rear wheel bearings and Oil consumption is crazy, not going to get started on the key fobs and keeping the ignition switch lubed and the other problems that are not the car's fault per se.

If I could get rid of this car I would but honestly I'd probably buy another lower mileage one to start over with (IBM 6M 18"). I love how it drives, the power is obviously great, interior is better than most GM cars. Maybe I got a bum one, I dunno but now that I split driver duties with another car and or carpool I don't put that many miles on it maybe I can concentrate on fixing all the stuff wrong with it. Great car but my Z28 handled the abuse better with monthly trips to the track, the GTO's only been once.
    Meh. eBay is your friend. Hell...try SummitRacing.

Quote Originally Posted by ls1nightrider View Post
    I will be looking at an 06 gto with 46k miles..
    Asking price 16000k
    Sounds like a good price to me. Warranty? I paid a little over $18 for mine with an extended warranty with 48k.

black
    2000 trans am

No warranty

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Honestly, and it's probably just me, but I would jump on it anyway.

black
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Honestly, and it's probably just me, but I would jump on it anyway.

Yeah warranty I'm not really worried about

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Well then, take it for a spin. And if ya like it, drop the cash on it and take it home.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

You should def try and get a warranty, since you aren't going to race it and if you aren't planning to mod it. Did you look at G8's as well or are they too high....

black
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 00LS12LS6Z28 View Post
    You should def try and get a warranty, since you aren't going to race it and if you aren't planning to mod it. Did you look at G8's as well or are they too high....

Haven't got a close look at the g8 but they are really nice and yeah a bit pricey but besides that i dont really see my self in something like that.. i like coupes

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

The G8s are newer than the GTOs and hold their value more. I've been on eBay and a low mileage GTO starts in the twenties. It's like the Pontiacs are going up in price regardless of age. If the miles are low, the prices go up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information