Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Gravana Tuning

This is a discussion on Gravana Tuning within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; It took them two months to ship my F-ed up hood. Now they are telling me to fix it or ...

Black
    2004 GTO A4

It took them two months to ship my F-ed up hood. Now they are telling me to fix it or it will be another 2-3 months for a new one. I should have bought the factory hood and spent the extra $$

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    I feel your pain. I have no front bumper. People have been asking me if I want to sell the car for parts.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by surfinjoe View Post
    It took them two months to ship my F-ed up hood. Now they are telling me to fix it or it will be another 2-3 months for a new one. I should have bought the factory hood and spent the extra $$
    I notice the hood is painted....did the crack happen during shipping or after it was installed? If it happened during shipping why did you paint it?

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Either paint or gelcoat. Either way, that hood is fked. Send it back and get a refund if possible.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

yeah, looking at it closer that could be gel coat. Most places void the warranty if you even mount the hood.

Black
    2004 GTO A4

The hood was cracked when it was shipped. It is not mounted on the car and has not been painted. The black is the gel coat.

All in all, the construction of the hood is good. They just did not take the time to finish the scoops and the corners. The crack is BS in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    yeah, looking at it closer that could be gel coat. Most places void the warranty if you even mount the hood.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

After seeing this, I think I'm just gonna go to a JY and look for a PBM 05/06 hood.

Black
    2004 GTO A4

Just one FYI on a JY hood....make sure it comes with the scoops and rubber pieces. They are like $300+ from the dealer. That is why I didn't go the stock route. The hood was $1100, but with the scoops it put her around $1500 OTD. I couldn't find a JY hood in time to fix my ride....but I am sure I could have found one in the two months it took me to get an F-ed up hood. Now I am out $800 and I still have a bad hood.

To top it all off, this was an insurance claim. I should have just taken the car in and got the factory shit.

My loss and your gain (not making the same mistake as I did).

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    After seeing this, I think I'm just gonna go to a JY and look for a PBM 05/06 hood.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Just one FYI on a JY hood....make sure it comes with the scoops and rubber pieces. They are like $300+ from the dealer. That is why I didn't go the stock route. The hood was $1100, but with the scoops it put her around $1500 OTD. I couldn't find a JY hood in time to fix my ride....but I am sure I could have found one in the two months it took me to get an F-ed up hood. Now I am out $800 and I still have a bad hood.

To top it all off, this was an insurance claim. I should have just taken the car in and got the factory shit.

My loss and your gain (not making the same mistake as I did).
    I hit a deer in mine a couple of years ago and the only damage was to the hood. I got an 05/06 hood installed and painted for $1400.....seems like I got a decent deal. The estimate was for $1900 just with the 04 hood but the body shop made a few calls and got me hooked up for $1400 and I didn't have to pay the deductable.

Black
    2004 GTO A4

That is a great deal Orion. My shop is asking for $1500 just to paint the hood and repair/paint the facia.

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I hit a deer in mine a couple of years ago and the only damage was to the hood. I got an 05/06 hood installed and painted for $1400.....seems like I got a decent deal. The estimate was for $1900 just with the 04 hood but the body shop made a few calls and got me hooked up for $1400 and I didn't have to pay the deductable.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

That is a great deal Orion. My shop is asking for $1500 just to paint the hood and repair/paint the facia.
    I got quoted 500$ to mount and paint the new Fascia. Not too bad IMO. I just need the damn thing to come in the mail!

Black
    2004 GTO A4

Based off my experience, I would inspect it as soon as it arrives. Hold the delivery guy until you do. If you don't like it, send it back then and there. It seems that once you have it, you are stuck with it.

I got quoted 500$ to mount and paint the new Fascia. Not too bad IMO. I just need the damn thing to come in the mail!

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Based off my experience, I would inspect it as soon as it arrives. Hold the delivery guy until you do. If you don't like it, send it back then and there. It seems that once you have it, you are stuck with it.
    Oh dont worry. I will. If I ever get it.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

If not, just get your money back and hit eBay. They have front bumper covers.

Black
    2004 GTO A4

After what I have seen on my end, I would call them up and cancel your order. I would have been better off getting a factory hood.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

After what I have seen on my end, I would call them up and cancel your order. I would have been better off getting a factory hood.
    Oh man. I got a call from DMS today. They said the bumper has been ready to ship for 2 weeks now, that Gravana has not paid them for shipping. It finally shipped today. After I got bored yesterday and attached the old bumper with some washers and extra screws so I could drive the damn car. I am very frustrated with the whole experience.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Oh man. I got a call from DMS today. They said the bumper has been ready to ship for 2 weeks now, that Gravana has not paid them for shipping. It finally shipped today. After I got bored yesterday and attached the old bumper with some washers and extra screws so I could drive the damn car. I am very frustrated with the whole experience.
    If I were in your shoes, I would have cancelled the order. I hate waiting. If I am paying good money for a part or service, then the providers should be willing to "move mountains" for me. Threads like this make me glad I don't really go aftermarket. They wanna jerk folks around? BBB is our friend.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

If I were in your shoes, I would have cancelled the order. I hate waiting. If I am paying good money for a part or service, then the providers should be willing to "move mountains" for me. Threads like this make me glad I don't really go aftermarket. They wanna jerk folks around? BBB is our friend.
    I have learned my lesson. Anything I buy aftermarket from now on will be from close by. It seems kinda pointless to cancel my order now since I will have the bumper in three days. I just want my car fixed right and to be done with it.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I hear ya. I know when the time comes for my warranty to expire, on my lift my car goes. Companies these days just want $$$ and run. Skroo em!!

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

I hear ya. I know when the time comes for my warranty to expire, on my lift my car goes. Companies these days just want $$$ and run. Skroo em!!
    I need to renew mine... It expires in March 2010. I have already taken the car in four times for warranty stuff.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I need to renew mine... It expires in March 2010. I have already taken the car in four times for warranty stuff.
    I'm considering renewing mine as well. I have a leaky pinion seal and trans output shaft seal. Will go to dealer for warranty repair next week.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information