Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

GOAT Down!!!

This is a discussion on GOAT Down!!! within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; PatrizioD thanks for the input and suggestion. I like to keep things simple so two tones are too much for ...

Phantom Black Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

PatrizioD thanks for the input and suggestion.

I like to keep things simple so two tones are too much for me. I guess the big dilemna is the color choice. Should I stay with a polished look or go with a all black?

Phantom Black Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

I am leaning to the Enkei KLAMP since that black chrome look is quite sexy!

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 6.0LiterImportEater View Post
    An insurance company will only total a car if it costs the same or more to repair.

50% is a number you pulled out of yer ass and please don't speak when you have no evidence or credentials to back up your argument. Not to flame but hate when people just throw down comments cause they want their opinion to be heard.

Why would my insurance company not repair the vehicle if it reaches 50% of what it is worth so they end up paying 100% of the vehicle?!? Makes no sense right.....not really business smart IMO.
    in the past 50% was the number.....now it is 70%(atleast here in cali.)

Phantom Black Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

So will this fit my ride w/ no problems?

18x8.5
    Offset: +42mm
    Backspacing: 6.37"
    Bolt Pattern: 5-120

I know the bolt pattern is off by .64 mm but plan on using the long shank lugnuts over the short for security.

Will be getting 245/40Z18 tires.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Will 18X8.5 rims fit???!!!!!

Tirerack.com is telling me that I will have to roll my rear fenders!

hugger orange

Will 18X8.5 rims fit???!!!!!

Tirerack.com is telling me that I will have to roll my rear fenders!
    it really depends on the exact backspacing of the rim and tire tread width (diferent companies tires with the same number size can be wider or narrower than others)
    a 245/35/18 fit perfectly on an 8.5" rim and with the right back spacing I've heard people go as wide as a 275 without rolling the quarters

Phantom Black Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

18x8.5
    Offset: +42mm
    Backspacing: 6.37"
    Bolt Pattern: 5-120

Thats the info on the Enkei KLAMP's I ordered. Putting Dunlop Direzza's 245/40/ZR18 on them.

The guy who I spoke with at Tirerack.com actually owns a '06 GTO and was swearing his word that the rear fenders have to be rolled. I heard the same thing you are saying Mark so was unsure but already called the body shop and they will be rolling the fenders for me. Not sure if it really is needed but better safe than sorry. Heard putting a 5 mm spacer helps out too to getting away from rolling them. Oh well though...still pysched about it and it allows me to throw some wider DR's on it for the track so not totally a waste haha!

Thanks for the input Mark!

Phantom Black Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Update:

Tirerack sent me the wrong lugnuts for the rims I ordered! So they are shipping out new ones which will arrive Monday....BUT I stopped by and progress is great! Actually all they needed to do was slap the rims on and get her aligned. Fuckin would have had her back today!! Tirerack has disappointed me!!!

Also Tirerack has irritated me some more. The shop did not roll the fenders.....it is not required so that guy I spoke to on the phone who OWNS an '06 GTO really doesn't know his dick from his own hand!

I think I still will go that route later on like OHIO who had his air hammered and sealed (very clean) just so I can go wider on tires for the strip. Three stock rims are salvageable....minor rash. So just need to grab one more and have an extra set after some sanding/polishing. Thinking to get them staggered by having two widened an inch to 9".

I'll know more on Monday.....hopefully I will be throwing the gears back in her again!

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Update:

Tirerack sent me the wrong lugnuts for the rims I ordered! So they are shipping out new ones which will arrive Monday....BUT I stopped by and progress is great! Actually all they needed to do was slap the rims on and get her aligned. Fuckin would have had her back today!! Tirerack has disappointed me!!!

Also Tirerack has irritated me some more. The shop did not roll the fenders.....it is not required so that guy I spoke to on the phone who OWNS an '06 GTO really doesn't know his dick from his own hand!

I think I still will go that route later on like OHIO who had his air hammered and sealed (very clean) just so I can go wider on tires for the strip. Three stock rims are salvageable....minor rash. So just need to grab one more and have an extra set after some sanding/polishing. Thinking to get them staggered by having two widened an inch to 9".

I'll know more on Monday.....hopefully I will be throwing the gears back in her again!
    Yup. Get those fenders rolled. I had my car on my lift today at work replacing the rear pads and afterward I took my coworker's rubber deadblow hammer and added some extra "roll" to my already rolled fenders to keep my new rear tires from rubbing. I didn't hear any rubbing on the way home tonight(took the same way home and has a few dips which caused the rubbing previously), so, maybe I fixed the issue.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

She is finally back in my possession! Feels great!

Nero
    2006 gto

Sweet man, congrats. Glad to hear all is well.
    Anyone without a gun and a knife and a handkerchief and a chapstick get the F%$# out of here!

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Heh...GOAT!!!!

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

Phantom Black Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Can you say love at first sight!?

The day I got it back I was on the highway and this modified EVO IX wanted to play!

Third gear pull at 60mph got him all upset . He couldn't believe his turbo four-banger got walked on by three car lengths so quick could happen. Ahhh he was so mad he almost wrecked hahah!

Cosmos Purple
    2004 Pontiac GTO

I didn't pull anything out of my ass, and maybe you should research before jjumping on somebody. The insurance i used to be on wouldn't fix my car if the damage cost 50% of the value of the car. Why? It's something called depreciation too... Hmm wow. Like I said, it depends on the insurance company. Sorry to sound like an ass, but i don't take kindly to people telling me i dont know what im talking about and im just commenting to comment.

BTW: Im glad they fixed your car and didnt total it. It looks good. Be careful! Has tirerack corrected their mistakes or what? I was considering getting some rims for my car through them.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 6.0LiterImportEater
    An insurance company will only total a car if it costs the same or more to repair.

50% is a number you pulled out of yer ass and please don't speak when you have no evidence or credentials to back up your argument. Not to flame but hate when people just throw down comments cause they want their opinion to be heard.

Why would my insurance company not repair the vehicle if it reaches 50% of what it is worth so they end up paying 100% of the vehicle?!? Makes no sense right.....not really business smart IMO.

in the past 50% was the number.....now it is 70%(atleast here in cali.)
    Last edited by 04cosmos; 05-05-2009 at 08:11 AM.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Well we agree to disagree Cosmos haha! But it's cool man, no hate here.

No tirerack never fixed anything. They were unbelievably incompetent. They thought a GTO had 14 mm lugs?!? Hmmm if I had a truck maybe so but sorry no.

So I ended up ordering the hex head small diameter lugs from Summit which shipped overnight. Those worked for the rims just fine. Tirerack did refund me $50 for the lugs I ordered though. Funny thing is they said that their was no lugs available for those rims on our cars but I ordered Gorilla lugs. Guess who supplies Tirerack? Gorilla!!! D'oh!!!

All the advice I can give you when ordering from tirerack is call them!! They pull everything out of a database which I don't think anyone there actually created thus nobody knows anything about.......ummm.......cars!

Tell them its for your GTO and specify everything! Tell them the lugs (12mmX1.5) and tire size since if you go with 18's like I did they will want to put 45 sidewalls on the rims which will rub....you want to go with 40's.

As you might have seen searching under the GTO gives you 8 ugly ass rims but so many more fit. I searched under the G8 GT.

Also most aftermarket rims have 72.5 mm hub diameters. Tirerack does not carry any rings for our ride but it's ok. Check out http://www.billetprototypes.com/ for the hubcentric rings for aftermarket rims. They sell them and ship quick!

Good luck w/ Tirerack and hope they don't frustrate you like they did me haha!

Cosmos Purple
    2004 Pontiac GTO

oh that sucks about tire rack, and thats a good idea about searchin under a g8 GT. YOur right the gto wheels they show SUCK!! lol

hugger orange

hey 6.0Liter, now that you have the car back a group of us have to get together and do some bar hopping in downtown Frederick when we get a nice weekend evening

Phantom Black Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Sounds good Mark! I'm down!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information