getting screwed on brake rotors?

This is a discussion on getting screwed on brake rotors? within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; hey guys so im in the market for new brakes for the gto and not looking to spend too much ...

black
    2004 gto

getting screwed on brake rotors?

hey guys so im in the market for new brakes for the gto and not looking to spend too much cash. i figure go cheap on rotors get good pads this guy is selling all rotors and pads for about 300 bones. now ive bought brakes from ebay before and i notice that they love to send same sided rotors. i.e 2 left sided rotors. when i asked to make sure to provide a left and a right front and back this is what he says.

We carry both. The style with left and right are old school design.

Our Noise reduction are same direction but on the front with vented rotor the inner and outer surface are different.

Please take a moment to read the posting and if you understand the engineering part of it then you will understand.

If you don't call me I'll explain it to you it has a lot to do with noise.

now... im a skeptic in general but this just sounds stupid. if anyone can explain please do. also if this isnt true why the hell do these people love to provide same side rotors?

- - - Updated - - -

this is what i pulled from his website

Noise Reduction Technology

DRT Noise Reduction Technology (NRT) will eliminate the humming noise during braking. Conventional cross drilled/slotted rotors create harmonic frequencies (humming) during braking. In Noise Reduction Technology (NRT) the drilled/slotted patterns are machined 180 degrees from each other. When the brake pedal is applied, one side will create positive harmonic frequencies and the opposite side will create negative harmonic frequencies. The positive and negative frequencies will cancel each other out to reduce the humming noise. The left wheel and right wheel will also cancel out each other. NRT rotors will eliminate humming noise in the cabin for a comfortable driving experience.

NRT rotors does not have any negative affect on the performance nor will it reduce the longevity of the rotor. It has been tested and proven on to reduce humming noise.

black
    2004 gto

i want to see this guys master degree in engineering...

- - - Updated - - -

this is his site fyi

http://www.drt-sport.com/drt-rotors

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I use brakemotive. They are on ebay. I have had NO problems with their stuff. Use them on the wife's van as well. I think it was under 150 an axle for the WS6. Stops scary fast now.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

R1 concepts.....I know way too many people running those with zero complaints. I've had them on 3-4 different vehicles myself.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I run Brake Motives all around myself. Either them or R1Concepts get my vote.

Thread Information