Gen tt

This is a discussion on Gen tt within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; hey guys thinking of IF install kit from GEN TT???? Don't, I sent my turbos for repair mainly seals. The ...

phantom black
    2006 GTO

Gen tt

hey guys thinking of IF install kit from GEN TT???? Don't, I sent my turbos for repair mainly seals. The repair shop AZ Turbo come to find out why I was losing boost @ top end " THE TURBOS ARE TOOOOOO SMALL. They advertized this kit was for a GTO LS-2 engine V-8 GM, and they promised 600hp. THIS IS A GENERAL WARNING HAVE EVERYTHING IN WRITING RIGHT! Well gave up on the e-mails zero GEN TT. Yes they spool up and yes you feel the boost,and they quicky reach there limit. no top end. I was also told these Turbos are for a small car If you plan to race forget it with this kit. I will be posting some pics when the turbo arrive from Arizona. I will also post dyno info.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I have heard mixed reviews about Gen TT. A buddy of mine went with APS and he is pleased. Car launches from a dead stop. He even leaves me in the dust.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Well that sucks. Did Allen sell and install those?

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I have heard mixed reviews about Gen TT. A buddy of mine went with APS and he is pleased. Car launches from a dead stop. He even leaves me in the dust.
    thats because you drive it like a granny mobile

phantom black
    2006 GTO

yep Allen found Gen TT, when we received them the shit hit the fan. Allen aruged with them but it when nowhere, as a matter of fact the they acted like the problem was Allen. They told Allen in an E-MAIL that the buyer was on his own. I had a choice install or eat them. This did not have to be a sad story but the guys in aussie land or lowdown under became arrogant. why?? they wanted to sell their kits w/no responsibility for the kits or customers.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by cuervo25_1 View Post
    thats because you drive it like a granny mobile
    BITCH!!!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by pocket rocket View Post
    yep Allen found Gen TT, when we received them the shit hit the fan. Allen aruged with them but it when nowhere, as a matter of fact the they acted like the problem was Allen. They told Allen in an E-MAIL that the buyer was on his own. I had a choice install or eat them. This did not have to be a sad story but the guys in aussie land or lowdown under became arrogant. why?? they wanted to sell their kits w/no responsibility for the kits or customers.
    Fuck them then.....I would be surprised if Allen didn't stand behind his stuff.....
    I know he quit selling the STS over them not standing behind their product....

phantom black
    2006 GTO

hey Sarge have you noticed that all the complains I've made against gentt that they have not responded to even one. I don't know if Allen would even touch a gentt kit again, if he did it would be expensive.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Can you swap for larger turbos?

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

hey guys thinking of IF install kit from GEN TT???? Don't, I sent my turbos for repair mainly seals. The repair shop AZ Turbo come to find out why I was losing boost @ top end " THE TURBOS ARE TOOOOOO SMALL. They advertized this kit was for a GTO LS-2 engine V-8 GM, and they promised 600hp. THIS IS A GENERAL WARNING HAVE EVERYTHING IN WRITING RIGHT! Well gave up on the e-mails zero GEN TT. Yes they spool up and yes you feel the boost,and they quicky reach there limit. no top end. I was also told these Turbos are for a small car If you plan to race forget it with this kit. I will be posting some pics when the turbo arrive from Arizona. I will also post dyno info.
    let me guess KKr330s? this is the first kit i ever had on the GTO,I didnt like to have to cut ,my new car up so i made them work in the back of car with a bunch of shit I had laying around,it worked and well,problems with seal,yes I has same issues,got mine for aussie land as a kit.This is why I make my own setups,they all have problems and all need some knowledge of how they work and some mechanical knowhow,best of luck with your efforts.PS I went 10.9 at 129 with those turbos..
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

phantom black
    2006 GTO

yep, I found out that this setup works better w/ a stock cam, and I will continue to work with them but just for a while.

phantom black
    2006 GTO

cammed goat I could go with bigger turbos BUT my turbos are installed next to the engine. To change for bigger turbos would require a new setup more like aps or rear mounted. It's cheaper to stay w/ this setup for now a different setup as crossed my mind a few thousand times.

Black
    2004 Monaro

cammed goat I could go with bigger turbos BUT my turbos are installed next to the engine. To change for bigger turbos would require a new setup more like aps or rear mounted. It's cheaper to stay w/ this setup for now a different setup as crossed my mind a few thousand times.
    Have been a few thread discussions over here in Oz about turbo seals for this kit. Are you running the correct size inline restrictor for your oil supply line to the turbos ??? A few people have been blowing seals/getting oil seepage due to too much oil pressure to the turbos.
    PS: I'm no expert in this area - just thought I'd mention what might already be the obvious....

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Ahhh, you have the under-hood setup. Would be great if GenTT offered you a set of higher spooling units as an exchange.

phantom black
    2006 GTO

Exclamation

hey now that would be great! But they would'nt even answer an e-mail.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

See...this is why companies need to offer more with their systems. Ya have a cam...BAM! Ya get different impeller wheels to spool with your cam. You have a stock motor...BAM! Ya get regular turbos to go with the stock motor. Ya got a ROYALLY bastardized motor...BAM! Ya get remote-mount "NICE-SIZED" hairdriers to go with that monster under your hood.

and...(drumroll please) ANSWER THE FAH KING E-MAILS AND HAVE TECHS ON STANDBY.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    See...this is why companies need to offer more with their systems. Ya have a cam...BAM! Ya get different impeller wheels to spool with your cam. You have a stock motor...BAM! Ya get regular turbos to go with the stock motor. Ya got a ROYALLY bastardized motor...BAM! Ya get remote-mount "NICE-SIZED" hairdriers to go with that monster under your hood.

and...(drumroll please) ANSWER THE FAH KING E-MAILS AND HAVE TECHS ON STANDBY.
    yep this all adds to price of everything,cost money to keep people and to answer questions.I am not disagreeing with you .

phantom black
    2006 GTO

yep it might add to the cost, but when they say we will back up our product, with a refund......and then say sorry the customer is on his own. that is deceitful and they KNOW it will cost much more to fight it in their court system.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Like I posted in another thread, what the hell would these companies do if the consumer designed a forum taking aim at the companies who have deceived them. Could you imagine the fallout? These companies would lose TONS of money and want to dig a hole to crawl into.

phantom black
    2006 GTO

no I disagree with you. That's how arrived in assuie land hey dug such a deep hole but they came out in aussieland. They changed the name from assholes to well you know..............

Thread Information