Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

G8

This is a discussion on G8 within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; They've been running mid 13's over with a best I've seen of 13.4. They are heavy but like the goat, ...

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    222

    Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

    They've been running mid 13's over with a best I've seen of 13.4. They are heavy but like the goat, have better tranny gearing than the F-Body to make up the weight difference.

  2. #22
    Member Benner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Delaware, OH
    Age
    30
    Posts
    946

    Pewter
    2001 GrandPrix GTP

    Quote Originally Posted by slims00ls1z28 View Post
    Definately sweet. Its 3rd on my list of gotta have. New Camaro, ST ute truck (if it is actually comming here), then that. It is the L76 and it has the Same L98 heads as the LS3 or unported LS7 so it should be more mod happy than LS1's or 2's.
    Whats the ST ute truck? Haven't heard of it. You have any links???

  3. #23
    Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    7,603

    Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

    You should try to get one of the first 888

  4. #24
    Ebaaaaaaaaa Speedy_Gonzales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    11,019

    Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

    I vote pass............looks like all the other new cars on the road

  5. #25
    Senior Member slims00ls1z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    1,212

    2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

    Quote Originally Posted by Benner View Post
    Whats the ST ute truck? Haven't heard of it. You have any links???
    http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/...y?vehicleid=15
    or here http://www.evolutionendshere.com.au/ . A pontiac version of that "rumored" to come here. Haven't heard anything positive one way or the other though, just hoping it does.

  6. #26
    Junior Member jhaines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Decatur, IN
    Posts
    10

    G8 engine and other info

    I think the G8s are coming with the L76 engine. The G8 L76 is almost the same as the 2007-2008 truck L76 engine other than intake manifold and the G8 doesn't get VVT (camshaft phaser). The G8 L76 does get Active Fuel Management (what GM used to call Displacement On Demand). The L76 engine is an aluminum 6.0L engine with LS3/L92 heads. It is also lower compression than the LS3 or the LS2.

    Here are some links to some additional G8 information:

    http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayS...31&docid=40007

    Scroll to the bottom for the L76 in the G8:
    http://media.gm.com/us/powertrain/en...2008/08car.htm

    Engine image:
    http://media.gm.com/us/powertrain/en...20L76%20G8.jpg

    Dyno curve:
    http://media.gm.com/us/powertrain/en..._L76_G8_GT.pdf

    Specifications:
    http://media.gm.com/us/powertrain/en...Car/08_L76.xls

    More specs:
    http://media.gm.com/us/powertrain/en...Car/08_L76.doc

    I think at first the G8's will only be automatic (6 speed 6L80E auto) but later on they may offer a manual transmission.

    The car magazines have reported that GM may also import a wagon and a ute (sport-ute/el camino style vehicle) in limited quantities.


    Quote Originally Posted by superchargedblackgto View Post
    It is an LS2, @ least that is what the article said I read about 6months ago about the G6...I think I will leave it in stock form though......and keep my car for the modding.
    Jason Haines, Project Director
    Lingenfelter Performance Engineering
    http://www.lingenfelter.com
    jhaines@lingenfelter.com
    260-724-2552 / 260-724-0422 FAX

    www.lpeparts.com - LPE eBay store - excess inventory, take-off parts etc.

  7. #27
    Senior Member bandit95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Beaumont, Tx
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,795

    Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

    Quote Originally Posted by slims00ls1z28 View Post
    http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/...y?vehicleid=15
    or here http://www.evolutionendshere.com.au/ . A pontiac version of that "rumored" to come here. Haven't heard anything positive one way or the other though, just hoping it does.
    from wat i've heard and seen that's supposed to be the new el camino.

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    222

    Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by bandit95 View Post
    from wat i've heard and seen that's supposed to be the new el camino.
    No El Camino, G8 ST. Pontiac is getting it, not Chevy.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    Quote Originally Posted by jhaines View Post
    I think the G8s are coming with the L76 engine. The G8 L76 is almost the same as the 2007-2008 truck L76 engine other than intake manifold and the G8 doesn't get VVT (camshaft phaser). The G8 L76 does get Active Fuel Management (what GM used to call Displacement On Demand). The L76 engine is an aluminum 6.0L engine with LS3/L92 heads. It is also lower compression than the LS3 or the LS2.

    Here are some links to some additional G8 information:

    http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayS...31&docid=40007

    Scroll to the bottom for the L76 in the G8:
    http://media.gm.com/us/powertrain/en...2008/08car.htm

    Engine image:
    http://media.gm.com/us/powertrain/en...20L76%20G8.jpg

    Dyno curve:
    http://media.gm.com/us/powertrain/en..._L76_G8_GT.pdf

    Specifications:
    http://media.gm.com/us/powertrain/en...Car/08_L76.xls

    More specs:
    http://media.gm.com/us/powertrain/en...Car/08_L76.doc

    I think at first the G8's will only be automatic (6 speed 6L80E auto) but later on they may offer a manual transmission.

    The car magazines have reported that GM may also import a wagon and a ute (sport-ute/el camino style vehicle) in limited quantities.
    lower compression u say? should take VERY well to boost then!!!! muhahahhaha

  10. #30
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    cool video:

  11. #31
    Senior Member slims00ls1z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    1,212

    2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    lower compression u say? should take VERY well to boost then!!!! muhahahhaha
    Yep it is tuned for 87 octane.

  12. #32
    Member PatrizioD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Anus of America; RI
    Posts
    381

    Nero
    2006 gto

    Good for a family car, not for a muscle car. Too many doors. Maybe if they made a coupe version, and actually put the LS2 :r even an LS3:: in it, I might consider. Until then, Im sticking with my Goat. Im just thankful they havent decided to call it a GTO. I know 3 people that say they're buying a G8 because the GTO isnt made anymore, and to that, I just smile. I know, I know, Im probably just hatin', but (god forbid) you wanted a Mustang, would you go for a 5.0, or the 4.6 litre GT? For me, its 5.0.

    Feel free to knock me down a peg or two, I could use the reality check.

  13. #33
    Junior Member TA76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    48

    Artic White
    02 WS6 Trans Am

    Hey slim, love that avatar. Do you have a link to a larger photo? Regarding the Ute and wagon. I've heard they are all coming as Pontiacs. The reason is they are part of the G8 family and if rebranded (ie GMC) would cost GM a lot more to certify.

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    Quote Originally Posted by PatrizioD View Post
    Good for a family car, not for a muscle car. Too many doors. Maybe if they made a coupe version, and actually put the LS2 :r even an LS3:: in it, I might consider. Until then, Im sticking with my Goat. Im just thankful they havent decided to call it a GTO. I know 3 people that say they're buying a G8 because the GTO isnt made anymore, and to that, I just smile. I know, I know, Im probably just hatin', but (god forbid) you wanted a Mustang, would you go for a 5.0, or the 4.6 litre GT? For me, its 5.0.

    Feel free to knock me down a peg or two, I could use the reality check.
    u ARE hating!!! it dosnt have a fucked up trunk like the gto..its much more refined as the platform is brand new not 10 yrs old..and with just a tune itll be at 400 horses as well......so basicly if they released it to run on 93 oct it would make the same power as the ls2..so y hate? ..i think its pretty sweet to have a GM m5 fighter..just strap a maggie on it and see those m5 headlights in the rearview

  15. #35
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by PatrizioD View Post
    Good for a family car, not for a muscle car. Too many doors. Maybe if they made a coupe version, and actually put the LS2 :r even an LS3:: in it, I might consider. Until then, Im sticking with my Goat. Im just thankful they havent decided to call it a GTO. I know 3 people that say they're buying a G8 because the GTO isnt made anymore, and to that, I just smile. I know, I know, Im probably just hatin', but (god forbid) you wanted a Mustang, would you go for a 5.0, or the 4.6 litre GT? For me, its 5.0.

    Feel free to knock me down a peg or two, I could use the reality check.
    what ur saying is, ud rather it be a gto than what it is.... half the doors and an ls2 would be a gto lol.
    ?

  16. #36
    Member Tide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Southeast
    Age
    44
    Posts
    646

    Nothing special
    Nothing special

    Me likey.

    The wife might be getting a new car

  17. #37
    Senior Member slims00ls1z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    1,212

    2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

    Quote Originally Posted by TA76 View Post
    Hey slim, love that avatar. Do you have a link to a larger photo? Regarding the Ute and wagon. I've heard they are all coming as Pontiacs. The reason is they are part of the G8 family and if rebranded (ie GMC) would cost GM a lot more to certify.
    http://www.gerbonium.com/various/5thgen/ from there Kind of toward the bottom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •