Fuel Door Came Apart Today

This is a discussion on Fuel Door Came Apart Today within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Today I was messing with the rubber gasket on the fuel door and the whole thing came apart in 3 ...

Black
    2004 GTO A4

Fuel Door Came Apart Today

Today I was messing with the rubber gasket on the fuel door and the whole thing came apart in 3 pieces (I was like WTF). Has anyone had this happen to them? It appears that the inner door is 3M taped to the outer door, and the rubber seal just 'sits' there in the groove. I am thinking about glueing it together with epoxy or something. Any ideas/experience with this?

I need to replace the rubber gasket as it is a little F-ed up from the origional owner. Any idea where to get this little part?

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by surfinjoe View Post
    Today I was messing with the rubber gasket on the fuel door and the whole thing came apart in 3 pieces (I was like WTF). Has anyone had this happen to them? It appears that the inner door is 3M taped to the outer door, and the rubber seal just 'sits' there in the groove. I am thinking about glueing it together with epoxy or something. Any ideas/experience with this?

I need to replace the rubber gasket as it is a little F-ed up from the origional owner. Any idea where to get this little part?

You could try Cleveland Pick A Part ( beware graphic content) http://www.clevelandpickapart.com/gtos.htm

Carousel Red
    2005 Pontiac GTO

I'd just order a new one from www.gmpartshouse.com. If you can't find it in their online catalog, send an email to Gene Culley at gculley@gmpartshouse.com and ask him for the part number - include your VIN in your email - he'll get back to you pretty quick with the actual part number to enter online.

S.
    Steve
    2005 Carousel Red Twin Turbo GTO
    Click for full size
    My Garage

Black
    2004 GTO A4

That's exactly what I needed! They have only the rubber seal for like $7.50! I can just epoxy the door back together and all is good! Thanks again for your help! Too bad you are not in Michigan or I would buy you a beer man!

Quote Originally Posted by scauffiel View Post
    I'd just order a new one from www.gmpartshouse.com. If you can't find it in their online catalog, send an email to Gene Culley at gculley@gmpartshouse.com and ask him for the part number - include your VIN in your email - he'll get back to you pretty quick with the actual part number to enter online.

S.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO View Post
    You could try Cleveland Pick A Part ( beware graphic content) http://www.clevelandpickapart.com/gtos.htm
    I wanna cry right about now.

Carousel Red
    2005 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by surfinjoe View Post
    That's exactly what I needed! They have only the rubber seal for like $7.50! I can just epoxy the door back together and all is good! Thanks again for your help! Too bad you are not in Michigan or I would buy you a beer man!
    It's all good.

Thread Information