Black
    2004 Pontiac GTO

First road trip in the GTO!

Well, we just got back from our first road trip in my recently acquired 2004 GTO, and it was a great trip! The car ran very well with not a single hiccup the entire time. We drove from Amarillo to Cripple Creek, Colorado to do a little gambling, and it was about 900 miles altogether. We went from an elevation of around 3000 feet up to 9000 feet and the engine felt the same no matter where we were. I have to say, it's nice to have a car with a full size functional trunk for a change. The GTO has a trunk at least 4 or 5 times bigger than the useable space in my 2002 Mustang GT that I dumped recently. And the cruise control works better than most that I've used. Also, the gas mileage was not much less that what we get in our V6 Grand Caravan. All in all, I'm looking forward to the next trip.

As a matter of fact, I was missing the slot machines so much, that I found myself pumping bills into the change machine at walmart. At least I seem to be breaking even so far....

98 Formula
    06 duramax

nice cars.....I had an 04 that I liked a lot. The trunk though pretty much sucks on them with the gas tank in there. Go look at a G8's trunk to see what you would have without the tank/cage in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

I thought our 2004 GTO had the most comfortable seats ever in any car. The trunk is pretty small but the mileage on a road trip was decent. I really did like that car but we have a Corvette in our future.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

First road trip in the GTO!

Still loving mine after almost 8 years.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Still waiting to go for a ride in one.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I would DD one no problem. They were some pretty nice looking cars.
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

Thread Information