Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Finally done...

This is a discussion on Finally done... within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; [QUOTE=Hi-Po;1993805]Wow, tuning a head/cam packarge with a diablow. Thats crazy. Im sorry. I know exactly how you feel with getting ...

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

[QUOTE=Hi-Po;1993805]Wow, tuning a head/cam packarge with a diablow. Thats crazy. Im sorry. I know exactly how you feel with getting ripped of on a tune though. Only I paid 450 for a tune that left me bucking and stalling everywhere I am slowing ruining that guys rep, and to tell ya the truth... it feels damn good turning 3 customers away from there so far. I dont know what you paid, but you got screwed. That handheld is useless, ecspecially in your situation.

I tried getting my money back, but they knew I had HPT software. I had a copy of thier bullshit tune, so they wouldnt re-fund, like I wanted it anyway.

You have alot more power in there, trust me. You are running piss poor off that shit Diablow handheld. Good luck on getting any money back! Or you can simply cost them 1350 dollars in 2 weeks time and ruin them like me [/QUOTE]

You and I think alike. A shop does crooked-@$$ shyte and tries to cover their @$$? N-FKKN-O!!!

Cosmos Purple
    2004 GTO M6

Well we are back from New Era Performance. Numbers are a lot better than P & J Speed Shop.

Rwhp= 402.21 hp / with 18% loss puts it around 495 hp gross.
    Torque= 377.42 lb. ft. / with 18% loss puts it around 459.8 lb. ft.
    Since the kit is rated for 515 hp/ 460 lb.ft. I would say this kit is pretty much dead on.

The car idles great, power comes on strong and smooth. Best of all, no damn check engine light.

I was hoping better numbers, but I figure that between the high humidity and lack of a FAST intake, it seems pretty good all in all.

Thanks 6.0 LiterImportEater for the list of eatery's. We went to the Highland Park Diner. Excellent food there.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Numbers are alot better-still badass is making 440 with manifolds but alot better none the less. Congrats on the car man.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Very nice!!!

515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Numbers are alot better-still badass is making 440 with manifolds but alot better none the less. Congrats on the car man.
    I dont have manifolds! I have Edlebrock Shorty Headers. I also have Kooks Lt's, unfortunately, they are in the garage. I will have them put on and another tune this year when taxes come back and I will have some new numbers for ya. To the OP, I suggest an intake, and true duals with out cats to get your numbers up.
    2000 SLP Camaro SS M6 * 515 HP TrickFlow Package * FAST 92 MM Intake * Nick Williams 92 MM TB * Volant CAI * Granatelli MAF * Full Custom True Dual Exhaust with X-Pipe * Tuned by Breathless Performance

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Was this on a Mustang or DynoJet? Either way, the numbers still seem pretty low for a TF head and cam. If its a DynoJet then somthing is wrong. Sorry to rain on the parade.

Cosmos Purple
    2004 GTO M6

The only problem with removing the cats, is NY state's required yearly visit to the Safety/Emission Nazi's. I'd like to get a FAST intake, but those things seem so damn expensive for what you get out of them. I really dunno at this point what to do. But I have been thinking of a ProCharger next year possibly to get those numbers up. We'll see.

For next Wednesday's cruise nite at Dunn Tire Raceway,(the feature car is Pontiac this week. )
    They allow the cruisers to run their cars down the 1/8th mile track for a few bucks a run. So I'm going to see what the car will do now compared to last years runs. We'll see if the car will get into the mid 8's.

Cosmos Purple
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Was this on a Mustang or DynoJet? Either way, the numbers still seem pretty low for a TF head and cam. If its a DynoJet then somthing is wrong. Sorry to rain on the parade.
    It was done on a Dyno Jet at New Era in Rochester. I thought the #'s were a little low too. But I have to say it was a very humid day yesterday. I know that will cost some power there. Plus running the LS6 intake vs. a FAST unit will definitely cost power to. That 85mm TB has an adaptor to transition it down to the opening of the intake. So there probably isn't any real gain over a stock TB.

And no I don't think your raining on my parade. I like to hear everyones opinions. It only helps out with trying to achieve proper gains. Who knows, I could strap it down to another dyno on a dry cool day and get some different results.
    For now I'm happy with the car. But I will persue the 500+ rwhp level next year. hehehe.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

I don't know if this helps but one of my friends has a silver LS2 GTO that is procharged. I noticed that he had a Fast Intake and a Magnaflow exhaust. Don't know the other mods but he put out 516 on a 90+ degree day (the dyno was outside at a car show). He was boosting 11 psi.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Mich's04 View Post
    It was done on a Dyno Jet at New Era in Rochester. I thought the #'s were a little low too. But I have to say it was a very humid day yesterday. I know that will cost some power there. Plus running the LS6 intake vs. a FAST unit will definitely cost power to. That 85mm TB has an adaptor to transition it down to the opening of the intake. So there probably isn't any real gain over a stock TB.

And no I don't think your raining on my parade. I like to hear everyones opinions. It only helps out with trying to achieve proper gains. Who knows, I could strap it down to another dyno on a dry cool day and get some different results.
    For now I'm happy with the car. But I will persue the 500+ rwhp level next year. hehehe.
    Glad you didnt take it as if I was ripping you, just the numbers seem low for your combo... and on a DynoJet that always reads a good 25-35 HP higher then a Mustang Dyno. That said, it could just be the dyno or the day. Take it to the track and see what it runs.
    370 CI - Twin 6766 Turbo - Jakes stage 5 4L80E - MWC 9" - Holley Dominator

Build in progress...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information