Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally done...

Cosmos Purple
    2004 GTO M6

Finally done...

Installing the new oil pump, timing chain & the 515HP Trickflow H/C Kit!
    Whoo Hoo!!! Can't wait til dyno day Friday.

And to think this all started from a failing oil pump.

I have to say the Trickflow H/C kit is very well put together. Even tech support was good. The only issues were the head bolts. They gave me 1st design instead of 2nd design. And the 1 rocker arm on the driverside head was slightly rubbing the casting pimple by the 3rd (from the front) valve bolt. Nothing a die grinder couldn't fix.

I will post numbers Saturday. Hopefully we'll be over 400 rwhp.
    04 Cosmos Purple M6, SAP Grills & Spoiler, '05 Hood, Procharger, TrickFlow 515 HP H/C Kit, SLP LT Headers/LM II, '05 Big Red Brake upgrade, Drag bags, Holden CV8R wheels, GMM Ripshifter. Tuned by New Era: 515 rwhp/471 ft.lbs. Retuned by J&J Speed: Speed Density tuned 586rwhp/ 492 ft.lbs.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Very cool, Badass2000ss has the same package with shorties making 440rwhp, definaltey post back.

515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

You will be over 400 RWHP easy! Cant wait to see your results.
    2000 SLP Camaro SS M6 * 515 HP TrickFlow Package * FAST 92 MM Intake * Nick Williams 92 MM TB * Volant CAI * Granatelli MAF * Full Custom True Dual Exhaust with X-Pipe * Tuned by Breathless Performance

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

2 more days

Cosmos Purple
    2004 GTO M6

Well today was a disappointment at the dyno shop. The shop owner was waiting on a programmer for my car to be delivered today, but apparently it didn't show. Soooo...I have to bring the car back Tuesday now.
    He did do a couple preliminary pulls to see how the car responded to the mods.

First pull was totally deplorable. 272.3 hp/337.4 lbs.ft.
    Second pull with a slight adjustment was a deplorable 318.4 hp/347.5 lbs.ft.

At 3700 rpms the spiked down 200 hp for a moment. Then the engine hit the wall at 5000 rpms on both pulls.

He did apologize for the inconvienence. And did assure me he will get plenty more power out of it.

I wish I had better results to publish today. Oh well, Tuesdays another day.

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

hmm, shouldn't he be using HPtuners or EFI live? By programmer does he mean like hand held such as a predator or superchips? With your mods you'll definitely need HPTuners or EFI live, hand held programmers are for cars that are close to stock or have very few mods.
    2006 impulse blue G.T.O
    Iron Block 408
    Cam
    Pacesetter ceramic coated L.T.s
    LMII exhaust
    K&N CAI
    Ported TB
    Custom Tune
    FAST 90
    ZEX 125hp wet shot

Cosmos Purple
    2004 GTO M6

Well, this "tuning" stuff is all new to me. I've finally crawled out of the "carburator era." So don't flame me to bad. lol.

I'll try to explain as best as I can. From what I gather, they order a Diablo Tuner, then do all the pulls on the Dyno Jet til they can't get no more out of it. Then download the info into the Diablo unit so incase the "tune" gets wiped out for some reason you can just reload the "tune" back in.

If this don't seem logical then let me know so I can call him on the carpet.

The shop does have a good reputation and a cult like following with the Mustang crowd. He just finished up an '05 GTO with a Maggie on it and got about 440 rwhp after modifying Magnusons tune.

I will ask him more Tuesday about the exact workings of his tuning.

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

usually maggied goats put down more then 440rwhp but i dont know the details?

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

A guy I know with a Maggied GTO is running 500+rwhp after his tune. 440 doesn't sound right.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by Mich's04 View Post
    Well, this "tuning" stuff is all new to me. I've finally crawled out of the "carburator era." So don't flame me to bad. lol.

I'll try to explain as best as I can. From what I gather, they order a Diablo Tuner, then do all the pulls on the Dyno Jet til they can't get no more out of it. Then download the info into the Diablo unit so incase the "tune" gets wiped out for some reason you can just reload the "tune" back in.

If this don't seem logical then let me know so I can call him on the carpet.

The shop does have a good reputation and a cult like following with the Mustang crowd. He just finished up an '05 GTO with a Maggie on it and got about 440 rwhp after modifying Magnusons tune.

I will ask him more Tuesday about the exact workings of his tuning.
    It sounds like it is a handheld tuner tell frost what you just told us and see what he says-you may just get a mail order tune.

Cosmos Purple
    2004 GTO M6

I'm going down there tonight with the car and I'm going to have a chat with the shop owner and see exactly what he is going to do as far as tuning goes.
    Plus I may bring my laptop with so he can reveiw and explain his thoughts to me over some of the responces here.
    I appreciate the responces here, and I know you guy's don't want to see me get ripped off a few hundred bucks.

I will be back here later or if not, tomorrow for sure.

Cosmos Purple
    2004 GTO M6

First I have to puke. Second I have to restrain myself.

I finally got home tonight. The car runs like it did before. Idles fu**ed up.
    I think this dude should stick with Mustangs. Yes after the ride home...I've been bullshitted by a bullshit artist. I have a feeling this is going to become a legal mess.

Come to find out he DID USE the Diablo to tune the car. He has no LS1 software. This isn't what was explained to me. I can't believe all he could get out of the car was 347 hp/ 345 lb.ft. Shit doesn't add up. There is no f***ing way this is possible. Everything I questioned this guy on he had an answer for. I just got thru talking with a couple of my buddy's that have LS1 & LS2 GTO's and they aren't buying it either.

I'm going to make an appointment tomorrow with New Era Perf. in Rochester. Then dump the stock programming back in just before I take it there. Then sell the Diablo on ebay or whatever.

Well I hav'nt had a drink in a week now. So I guess the streak is over. I'm signing off to go mix a stiff one. I feel like a f***ing idiot.
    I'll be back later.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I think this dude should stick with Mustangs. Yes after the ride home...I've been bullshitted by a bullshit artist. I have a feeling this is going to become a legal mess.

Come to find out he DID USE the Diablo to tune the car. He has no LS1 software. This isn't what was explained to me. I can't believe all he could get out of the car was 347 hp/ 345 lb.ft. Shit doesn't add up. There is no f***ing way this is possible. Everything I questioned this guy on he had an answer for. I just got thru talking with a couple of my buddy's that have LS1 & LS2 GTO's and they aren't buying it either.

I'm going to make an appointment tomorrow with New Era Perf. in Rochester. Then dump the stock programming back in just before I take it there. Then sell the Diablo on ebay or whatever.

Well I hav'nt had a drink in a week now. So I guess the streak is over. I'm signing off to go mix a stiff one. I feel like a f***ing idiot.
    I'll be back later.

Ya. Stick to a shop who specializes in GM performance. Simple as that.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

I'll be back later.

Sorry to here about that mustangs generally are tuned by handheld as well- atleast now you know he sucks.

Cosmos Purple
    2004 GTO M6

Called New Era today. Car is going in on the 22nd of this month.
    $350 for them to dyno tune.

I'm still so pissed I can't even go out to the garage and look at the GTO.

Once I get the numbers from New Era and some other documentation to support my case. I'm going to go back nicely and ask for a refund. If declined them I will simply take my case to small claims court. And if that doesn't work, I know where the fu***r lives.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Called New Era today. Car is going in on the 22nd of this month.
    $350 for them to dyno tune.

I'm still so pissed I can't even go out to the garage and look at the GTO.

Once I get the numbers from New Era and some other documentation to support my case. I'm going to go back nicely and ask for a refund. If declined them I will simply take my case to small claims court. And if that doesn't work, I know where the fu***r lives.
    Sounds like it will work out-i'll be waiting

Phantom Black Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

I used to live in Rochester, NY for some years. I heard some good things about New Era Performance. They should take care of you!

BUT lesson learned.......don't EVER trust a MUSTANG!!!

Cosmos Purple
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by 6.0LiterImportEater View Post
    I used to live in Rochester, NY for some years. I heard some good things about New Era Performance. They should take care of you!

BUT lesson learned.......don't EVER trust a MUSTANG!!!
    So far it's been an expensive lesson.
    Hey, can you tell me of any good places to get a bite to eat around the area
    since I'll be there for awhile?

Phantom Black Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Dinosaurs downtown has some awesome BBQ (atleast for being that far up north!). Red Fedele's Brookhouse in Greece, Bazil in Henrietta, and Ricci's off Latta Rd has some pretty good Italian. Highland Park Diner is just a cool place to get some old fashioned diner food. If your staying in Pontillos Pizza is badass! There are a few more but memory is a bit fuzzy at work!

Then you also got all the mass marketed chains like Fridays, Outback, and such.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Wow, tuning a head/cam packarge with a diablow. Thats crazy. Im sorry. I know exactly how you feel with getting ripped of on a tune though. Only I paid 450 for a tune that left me bucking and stalling everywhere I am slowing ruining that guys rep, and to tell ya the truth... it feels damn good turning 3 customers away from there so far. I dont know what you paid, but you got screwed. That handheld is useless, ecspecially in your situation.

I tried getting my money back, but they knew I had HPT software. I had a copy of thier bullshit tune, so they wouldnt re-fund, like I wanted it anyway.

You have alot more power in there, trust me. You are running piss poor off that shit Diablow handheld. Good luck on getting any money back! Or you can simply cost them 1350 dollars in 2 weeks time and ruin them like me
    370 CI - Twin 6766 Turbo - Jakes stage 5 4L80E - MWC 9" - Holley Dominator

Build in progress...

Thread Information