Cosmos Purple
    2004 Pontiac GTO

a few more suspension questions

Does anybody have a picture of how the strut mount goes back on? im talking about like which way the washers go? its been sitting so long i have forgotten. DOH! Thanks. I think ive seen a picture before. One more thing. I bought some energy suspension poly sway bar link bushings. These bushings are taller then the stock and pedders bushings. Are they gonna work? Also two of the 4 bushings have a raised end i guess for slipping into the strut. Should this one go on top or bottom? Thanks!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

-

Quote Originally Posted by 04cosmos View Post
    Does anybody have a picture of how the strut mount goes back on? im talking about like which way the washers go? its been sitting so long i have forgotten. DOH! Thanks. I think ive seen a picture before. One more thing. I bought some energy suspension poly sway bar link bushings. These bushings are taller then the stock and pedders bushings. Are they gonna work? Also two of the 4 bushings have a raised end i guess for slipping into the strut. Should this one go on top or bottom? Thanks!
    Bottom washer goes on like an umbrella,top like a tea cup. Bearing goes white side up in the mount. Not sure on the endlink bushes

Cosmos Purple
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Thanks sarge and PG! I need to figure these link bushings out. I gonna install my driver side tonight, and when i get my pedders strut mount and have my strut ready to go in, ill install the passenger side.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Good man.

Cosmos Purple
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Ok Sarge, When i installed my links, they are alittle different as i said they are thicker. So i turned the washers the other way. It just looks right to me that way.. is that going to cause problems?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I took pics when I did mine. Scroll down to the end link pics.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74269
    Last edited by Sarge; 04-22-2009 at 01:33 PM.

Cosmos Purple
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Sarge, I did check out you install and learned some things. I didnt go with pedder bushings. I went with energy suspension. There bushings are made quite different. They are thicker, and they have a lip on one to go thru the strut, so you dont need the the little sheet metal washer that holden used for that. They also came with new thick washers. Like i said, ive never been a fan of having the washers turned the way they are from factory. So am i gonna have any issues having them turned the other way? IE the bottom washer looks like the tea cup and the top looks like an umbrella instead of vice versa. It tightened down so nice and feels so sturdy.

Cosmos Purple
    2004 Pontiac GTO

AH BTW. Pedders is ticking me off. I ordered a strut mount bushing on friday, and now theyre talking about not being able to ship it til tomorrow(thatll be a week since i ordered) I got a car show coming up i gotta take this car to, and they are cutting my time really fine... So it's gonna take this part a week and a half or more to get to my house.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Sarge, I did check out you install and learned some things. I didnt go with pedder bushings. I went with energy suspension. There bushings are made quite different. They are thicker, and they have a lip on one to go thru the strut, so you dont need the the little sheet metal washer that holden used for that. They also came with new thick washers. Like i said, ive never been a fan of having the washers turned the way they are from factory. So am i gonna have any issues having them turned the other way? IE the bottom washer looks like the tea cup and the top looks like an umbrella instead of vice versa. It tightened down so nice and feels so sturdy.
    Oh shit I didnt catch that. No you will be fine turning the washers around the way you did.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

AH BTW. Pedders is ticking me off. I ordered a strut mount bushing on friday, and now theyre talking about not being able to ship it til tomorrow(thatll be a week since i ordered) I got a car show coming up i gotta take this car to, and they are cutting my time really fine... So it's gonna take this part a week and a half or more to get to my house.
    HHHmmmm.....PM Parts Gedder and see if he can works some overnight magic for you.

Thread Information