red
    2004 M6 GTO, 383 stroker

Fast 102/102 Intake Manifold Combo

Going to upgrade my factory intake manifold and TB to the Fast 102mm intake/TB combo on my 04 GTO. Couple questions. Planning to keep the stock MAF sensor, fast told me they didnt think it would be restrictive, any thoughts? Wondering if anyone has done this intake/TB combo and what approaches they took. Also, Id like a reccomendation on a CAI that will fit that is NOT over the radiator, to go OTRCAI Id have to change my 04 hood to 05/06, and while Id like to I dont have it in the budget.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Fast 102/102 Intake Manifold Combo

Look into using LS3 style injectors. They are not as tall as LS1 style, which eliminates the spacers.

If you're staying with a Maf then look at a 100mm MAF. Using the stock 76mm MAF is like forcing a asthmatic kid breathing thru a straw.

You could do a Speed Density tune and eliminate the MAF. I did, but I'm also always at sea level so my air density never changes much.

And lastly probably the most important item. Make sure you use blue loctite on the nuts and bolts that clamp the intake together. There are 2 in the front and 5 in the back IIRC. I had a bitch of a time tuning my car because of that. I also recommend installing the MAP sensor on the front instead of behind the intake like on LS1/6 intakes. If you need more guidance just ask. I'll post a pic.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

red
    2004 M6 GTO, 383 stroker

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Look into using LS3 style injectors. They are not as tall as LS1 style, which eliminates the spacers.

If you're staying with a Maf then look at a 100mm MAF. Using the stock 76mm MAF is like forcing a asthmatic kid breathing thru a straw.

You could do a Speed Density tune and eliminate the MAF. I did, but I'm also always at sea level so my air density never changes much.

And lastly probably the most important item. Make sure you use blue loctite on the nuts and bolts that clamp the intake together. There are 2 in the front and 5 in the back IIRC. I had a bitch of a time tuning my car because of that. I also recommend installing the MAP sensor on the front instead of behind the intake like on LS1/6 intakes. If you need more guidance just ask. I'll post a pic.
    Thanks for that info. Yes FAST told me at 500 HP Id have to upgrade the injectors to these:

(8) Precision-Flowâ„¢ LS2-Type 46 lb/hr Injectors - Precision-Flowâ„¢ LS2-Type - Fuel Injectors Fuelairspark.com

Also the only 100mm MAF that Ive found is Lingenfelter, you know of any others?

Lastly, will the standard 04 GTO K&N CAI fit onto the new 102mm Throttle Body?

Thread Information