Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Evaluated a G8 GT this morning

This is a discussion on Evaluated a G8 GT this morning within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Zinergy The great thing is dealers are letting them go for 23k right now. You get a ...

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    The great thing is dealers are letting them go for 23k right now. You get a 6 speed auto, all the room you need, nice interior, sporty exterior and 370hp for 23k brand new. Thats a damn good deal, they actually handle pretty good too.
    Really? G8 GT, if so when I sell some cars, I will buy this up in a fucking storm? I am sure with 70% down I can get this financed. Even though I was going to get a GTO.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Yep alot of the never sold 08s and 09s are getting let go for 23-25k.

2011 Prius

Yep alot of the never sold 08s and 09s are getting let go for 23-25k.
    Shit, someone buy my cars, I need a down payment, lol. Thats a hell of a deal, 370 Horses for the price of loaded Civic. Oh and get a warranty, brings a tear to my eye. Been a dream of mind to drive a new car off the Pontiac dealler, lol. Maybe that will come true, lol.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    Shit, someone buy my cars, I need a down payment, lol. Thats a hell of a deal, 370 Horses for the price of loaded Civic. Oh and get a warranty, brings a tear to my eye. Been a dream of mind to drive a new car off the Pontiac dealler, lol. Maybe that will come true, lol.
    Maybe, just get the tranny and engine tuned and the car is alot better than stock. Really conservative 87 octane tune and the tranny acts like a winded fat kid sometimes. Tunes for both seems to make g8 gt owners much happier.

2011 Prius

Maybe, just get the tranny and engine tuned and the car is alot better than stock. Really conservative 87 octane tune and the tranny acts like a winded fat kid sometimes. Tunes for both seems to make g8 gt owners much happier.
    I always use 93 from Mobil or Chevron, I won't need 93 if I get the G8? I would probably still run it, sure it would not hurt it.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    I always use 93 from Mobil or Chevron, I won't need 93 if I get the G8? I would probably still run it, sure it would not hurt it.

They are setup for 87, it wont hurt but you wont feel a gain in power. If your gonna use 93 might aswell get it tuned for 93. Some people said they got 390 crank hp with just a 93 octane tune.

2011 Prius

They are setup for 87, it wont hurt but you wont feel a gain in power. If your gonna use 93 might aswell get it tuned for 93. Some people said they got 390 crank hp with just a 93 octane tune.
    Wow, seems more impressive. I am more motivated to sell my cars now, plus they seem to get good gas milage. I would imaging if I put $16,000 down and get the car for $24,000, then add tax, tag, and tittle. I should be able to obtain this car for about $200 a month (60 months). I can afford with my insuarce quote (Full Coverage). Plus still have plenty of mod money at the end of the month after bills (little mod money, lol). I think I would damn near save money, having one car. As I have my 1963 Ford Falcon and 1998 Trans Am, I am always working on them, trying to make them look show room new again (I am picky).

Torrid Red
    04 GTO m6

I just...idk its a "performance for the money" part. dont get me wrong I DO like the G8's a lot, and if I WAS going with an auto, I'd have a hard time deciding on $24,000 for a new G8 GT and a low mileage, pristine condition 2006 goat....anyone with me?

Cosmos Purple
    2004 GTO M6

We purchased a G8 V6 last Oct. I must say it's been a decent DD. Even in the snow we have never been stuck. One issue with these cars (and this includes the GT) is the front control arms. We've had a set of control arms replaced at 8k. The dealer said they will probably go bad again. After December there will be a new batch of redesigned control arms coming out to solve the loud banging sound that happens mainly at low speeds. One other thing with these cars is the paint is notibly soft. This is a common complaint of G8 owners. No matter how far away you stay away from trucks/cars on the highway the paint chips very easy.

Overall fuel economy with the V6 (mixed driving) has been a solid 18.5 mpg. Power is adequate at 256 hp. Hell that's more that some of the previous 5.0 V8 Mustang GT's. These cars are nice and big, plus they are roomy inside and the ride/handling is good too.

Last Wednesday I ran a G8 GT at the local 1/8 mile. He surpized the hell out of me. My GTO usually runs 8.7's only due to traction issues. I need slicks bad. This guy was right at my front fender. He had headers, mufflers deleted, CAI and a tune by New Era. 355 rwhp/366 ft.lbs. So with just a few mods and a tune, these cars will really perform well.
    Hopefully GM will continue to produce these cars under a different brand. i.e. Impala SS. All in all I think that anyone who buys one of these cars will be satified with it.
    04 Cosmos Purple M6, SAP Grills & Spoiler, '05 Hood, Procharger, TrickFlow 515 HP H/C Kit, SLP LT Headers/LM II, '05 Big Red Brake upgrade, Drag bags, Holden CV8R wheels, GMM Ripshifter. Tuned by New Era: 515 rwhp/471 ft.lbs. Retuned by J&J Speed: Speed Density tuned 586rwhp/ 492 ft.lbs.

Nero
    2006 gto

G8 just isnt my cup of tea. Looks too much like other cars on the road for my tastes. The only car I've noticed here that as a close profile to my GTO is the new BMW 6 series. G8 reminds me of the new Caddy's, Malibu's, and pretty much every other boxy 4 door sedan. I havent been inside one, just checked it out at the dealership, but IMO, they'd have a hard time topping the interior quality of the GTO.

And whats with the names on these cars? Did they decide to try and go Euro with the single-letter-single-number labels? American cars are supposed to have NAMES. Not designations. Corvette. Camaro. Firebird. Mustang. Thunderbird. Maverick. Gremlin.

Just my .02
    Anyone without a gun and a knife and a handkerchief and a chapstick get the F%$# out of here!

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by ls1fan74 View Post
    I just...idk its a "performance for the money" part. dont get me wrong I DO like the G8's a lot, and if I WAS going with an auto, I'd have a hard time deciding on $24,000 for a new G8 GT and a low mileage, pristine condition 2006 goat....anyone with me?
    Its apples to oranges, if you need a 4 doors with alot of interior space the g8 gt wins that fight. Its a sedan with balls if you dont need a sedan dont get one.

Torrid Red
    04 GTO m6

Its apples to oranges, if you need a 4 doors with alot of interior space the g8 gt wins that fight. Its a sedan with balls if you dont need a sedan dont get one.
    You know, good point. I didnt THINK I needed a sedan, back when I was working full time. But then I lost my job and decided to go back to college, and lemme tell ya moving a bunch of crap (tv/mini fridge/vacuum/clothes/books) SUCKS with a two door lol

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by ls1fan74 View Post
    You know, good point. I didnt THINK I needed a sedan, back when I was working full time. But then I lost my job and decided to go back to college, and lemme tell ya moving a bunch of crap (tv/mini fridge/vacuum/clothes/books) SUCKS with a two door lol
    Yeah, i didnt think i needed a 4 door when i had my daughter. Putting her in the back seat of two door stick shift sports cars got old real fast lol.

red
    2004, GTO

Hey Orion, just wondering how long you had the Durango. Myself and a few other friends have bad experience with the trannys. Mine started slipping after 78000 miles and my friends blew at 61,000 miles. Just a heads up.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Rez Goat View Post
    Hey Orion, just wondering how long you had the Durango. Myself and a few other friends have bad experience with the trannys. Mine started slipping after 78000 miles and my friends blew at 61,000 miles. Just a heads up.
    Durangos and caravans, dodge just doesnt care about the trannys they use lol. Its all those years being buddys with mitsubishi.

SOM
    2002 WS6

Ford isn't any better.If you own a ford explorer,u-haul won't even rent you a trailer because of the transmissions.lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information