Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Engine Torque Stiffy

This is a discussion on Engine Torque Stiffy within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Thanks' Orion, I was A manufactures rep for 30 years and all I did was sell, I had a lady ...

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Thanks' Orion, I was A manufactures rep for 30 years and all I did was sell, I had a lady that that did the computer work, so I am in a learning process, I will study your info, besides it is already in the car and would be hard to take pictures of the process. Thanks' again!!!!

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jack View Post
    Thanks' Orion, I was A manufactures rep for 30 years and all I did was sell, I had a lady that that did the computer work, so I am in a learning process, I will study your info, besides it is already in the car and would be hard to take pictures of the process. Thanks' again!!!!
    you will get it ,its alil much in the beginning,but like most things more you do it better you get at it,just ask a 12 yr old kid he can show you how it works lol..damn computers..ive been at it for 10 yrs or so an my kids still know more then me,well about computers ...
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

No kidding, my kids and one of my grandkids are born with the know how LOL.. I can do the e-mail just don't understand this one yet.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Well first of all I don't have money to piss off, I had a problem with wheel hop and tried the drag bags first and thet did help and if you would read the thread and info on the stiffy one of it's jobs is to help with wheel hop and that is what I was after. In the end I have no more wheel hop end of story!!! Maybe you should think before you type brotha!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by SableGTO View Post
    How about some real world numbers?
    Before you guys get all caught up in your he said see said crap and all your butt dyno BS.... Make this truely informative and get to the track and or dyno and show me an improvement.

If you have the money to piss away, more power to you. But most of us don't and aren't about to run out and buy something just because some guy used it and says it feels great. Know what I mean? Keep it real "Brotha".

If it was truely amazing....wouldn't it have been done on day one???? Think about it...
    tact   /tŠkt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [takt] Show IPA Pronunciation ,

–noun
    1. a keen sense of what to say or do to avoid giving offense; skill in dealing with difficult or delicate situations.
    2. a keen sense of what is appropriate, tasteful, or aesthetically pleasing; taste; discrimination.
    3. touch or the sense of touch.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

How about some real world numbers?
    Before you guys get all caught up in your he said see said crap and all your butt dyno BS.... Make this truely informative and get to the track and or dyno and show me an improvement.

If you have the money to piss away, more power to you. But most of us don't and aren't about to run out and buy something just because some guy used it and says it feels great. Know what I mean? Keep it real "Brotha".

If it was truely amazing....wouldn't it have been done on day one???? Think about it...
    If you had ANY SMARTS about ANYTHING to do with cars you would know that this helps a ton!! If I had saved MY DYNO sheet i would have posted it. My trq curve came about 650RPMs before it did when i had the stock motor mounts in. Dude if your going to try to bash Sarge after ALL THE TIME and EFFORT he puts in to researching stuff to help US GTO OWNERS out than you are sadly mistaken and need to go post somewhere where the ave IQ is below 11!! What a fucking used bowl of deushe water!

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

I have enough smarts to know it will not show any gain on a dyno.
    If you think it will you are foolish. I did not bash anybody and if it came across that way, sorry. I simply said show me the improvement.

Read my post again......and YES 650RPMs EARLIER WILL make a more than noticable difference in 60ft times.

But what do I know? I mean I know nothing about these cars. Just a shmuck trolling around. Seems like it too me.....you dont even get to know or do research on anyone here....especially Sarge before you go running your mouth.
    Last edited by Stone; 02-05-2009 at 09:28 AM.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Most dyno's pull from 30 mph and up. The RPM ranges are usually not starting from 0 RPM. You are talking like you pulled from a dead stop idle.
    That would be a very unusual dyno pull. Did you have some sort of reason for doing this or circumstance?

As for Sarge, I know of him from other boards. If you are that concerned about my knowledge, PM me and I'll gladly give you my background. No need to clutter up this thread anymore with this garbage. Move on with your gun show.
    Oh no....you can ask ANYONE on here. Im am a VERY modest person. And no the dyno was from a 2200RPM punch. The TRQ curve went up 650RPMS BEFORE my last dyno.(As in my TRQ curve went up at 4200RPMs and now it goes up at 3550) Also made right at the same power.(it was the same dyno under the same conditions) Its not that hard to understand. And yea 98% of teh time when i speak its of respect and goodness. Not disrespect. The only time I voice myself in this manner is when someone is intentionally(or not) bashing on some WELL respected members and friends of mine when he/she clearly has no clue of self handling, respect, or knowledge. Im only 23 years old and MOST of the time im listening, not speaking. And frankly i dont care if you have a Engineering degree(like me and 100000000 others)or a Degree in Rocket Science or not. It doesnt make your statements on this particular subject right. And for teh record just because i stated about my Engineering Degree doesnt mean im saying im smarter than you or any other person on this board. I was mearly using this as an example.

Ok im done with this...so before you go bashing other threads for the people that do the research and help this board you might want to think first and have a different approach

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Are you all done acting like children yet?
    I have enough smarts to know it will not show any gain on a dyno.
    If you think it will you are foolish. I did not bash anybody and if it came across that way, sorry. I simply said show me the improvement.

You can solve wheel hop just by adjusting the way you drive. A stiffy on the motor will not have a drastic effect on the forces released at the rear wheel. It may effect the the initial hit but how much really? that hit will only come sooner and faster thus wheel hop would be uneffected. The stock setup is acting like a spring, it absorbs the force initially until it unloads it. Sarge made a comment on this himself. So by adding a stiffy (if you will) you are just taking away the initial pause before the unload. So in essence you are just taking away the delay. Wheel hop is generated from the impact of the energy from the wheels on the ground. The energy is released as the tires grip and slip then grip and slip again. The suspension then unloads this energy by bouncing up and down as it grips and slips. A soft spring is going to be more prown to wheel hop. A stiffy on the engine will not stop this. If you want to solve wheel hop you need to firm up your rearend. Stiffer springs, struts and drag bags would be your first step.

Now what GTO1 mentioned about reducing 60 times makes the most sense. Instant power without the delay. the point we all keep coming back to. The question is, for those of us that actually race our cars and don't just talk about it, is that fraction of a sencond really going to translate to faster 60 times? The stiffy makes the most sense to me for a M6 car who granny shifts as each time you lift to shift you will be causing the system to unload and release again. But for those of us who powershift our cars the engine stays loaded. Therefore, in my mind, this device has little to no gain for an automatic car.

But what do I know? I mean I know nothing about these cars. Just a shmuck trolling around.
    so what you're saying is tightening up the drive line makes no difference? So people with solid motor mounts and plates just like the vibration and the old school guys that chained motors just did it because they had extra chain?
    I find it amusing that you brag you "actually race your car" yet the first thing you mention is a dyno. Frame ties don't show up on a dyno...do they serve no purpose also?
    You will find that most people here don't mind if you disagree with them. Sarge certainly doesn't mind it and actually encourages people to speak their minds but what you will find is that someone that comes in and jumps feet first bashing with no data to support their bullshit does ruffle feathers. You say their claims are BS but I didn't see where you offered anything that supports your case other than your opinion which was exactly the same thing you were bashing.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

And I told you im done.....because no matter what i say about how weve ALREADY proved you wrong your still going to go on and on and on.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Orion, Can you please get rid of this guy, we don't need this. We can't help it if he is miserable, I think he need mental help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Oh yea no doubt that other factors SHOULD be addresed(Springs struts, bushings etc). They dont NEED to be for the "Stiffy" OR Hard Motor Mounts to have a big impact though. END ARGUEMENT

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Orion, Can you please get rid of this guy, we don't need this. We can't help it if he is miserable, I think he need mental help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    we're not here to simply ban people when their ideas are different. I do agree this guys methods leave a lot to be desired but banning him without giving him a chance doesn't help anyone.

What am I trying to prove?
    Actually I have stated several things none of you have disproven.
    Sure old school racers did that in a solid axle rear end car. Does the same technology apply in a IRS? The torque and momentum principals are not the same.

I won't go off topic with you guys anymore.
    Won't stoop to that level. You can't argue with ignorance.
    now see, until that last line you were close to being taken seriously. I understand you don't agree with it but bashing people isn't the correct way to get your point across.

Think about it this way...
    If you took out your two piece drive shaft and the IRS and installed a solid rear, solid shaft and removed all flexing in the drivetrain, then you would have me 100% convinced.

The drivetrain of the gto has too many points for momentum like this to disapate throughout. Thus the gain would be minimal at best. It's much like putting a bigger MAF and thinking you'll instantly flow more air. Not unless you also increased the piping to and from as well as the throttlebody. By bolting on a stiffy you will not end wheel hop all together. Sure it may help but there are many other factors that also need addressed. Can you atleast agree on that?
    so you do agree that a stiffy might be a piece of the puzzle? There's a reason for taking the torque out of the driveline. Flex wastes momentum and eats HP.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

for the record..... I cleaned out some of these posts. Warnings will be next if it doesn't stay on topic.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

I say STIFFY FOR THE WIN,INGALLS. that is!

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Qwkgto, Yes the stiffy and the drag bags did the job for me and I'm an m-6 and I know you are too sable, but qwkgto the combo did the job for me. I am much happier and can do a real burn out for the first time with out the tires hopping off any kind of pavement!

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Qwkgto, Yes the stiffy and the drag bags did the job for me and I'm an m-6 and I know you are too sable, but qwkgto the combo did the job for me. I am much happier and can do a real burn out for the first time with out the tires hopping off any kind of pavement!
    Good to hear. Damn. We're in for some choppy waters, I'm afraid.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Thanks' cammed and yes things are on the really bad side, hope we come out of this OK.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

I'll be putting one on.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 03-24-2014, 11:00 AM
  2. 04-26-2012, 03:16 PM
  3. AAS
    Refback This thread
    04-26-2012, 02:43 PM

Thread Information