Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Engine Torque Stiffy

This is a discussion on Engine Torque Stiffy within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Thanks qwkgto for all that great info, I won't have to worry about over 500 for awhile, but What about ...

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Thanks qwkgto for all that great info, I won't have to worry about over 500 for awhile, but What about Sagre and yourself making twice that does it work well for you or is going to punch a hole in the fender, damn that would suck!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Hell no....I just cannot see that ever happening....it is mucho stout there at that seam..

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Cool, The first one I ordered was for the 04-06 and the order was cancled sooo I ordered one for the 04, looking forward to getting it, hope it will work but it should. You said you could tell right away and it is going to help with the wheel hop, that is cool and why I want it. BTW what is your HP on your iron block stroker?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

In the setup we have right this second a touch over 560 to the wheels....we went a lil more conservative for this year...but I still have a 580'ish torque monster
    I will always be amazed at the torque these Strokers put down.....NASCAR gets 800HP out of a carburetor N/A engine......and that still blows my mind...but these LQ9 Strokers are just asphalt ripping up sum bitches.....But you can still drive em around like an old lady with no problem....man what a great time to be gearhead...
    I will tell you with a 3200rpm stall/1 piece driveshaft/solid axle/3:73's when you hit this pig it is a rush all in itself
    Last edited by Sarge; 01-25-2009 at 05:45 PM.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

That would be a blast to ride in. Thats' a nice # and the torque is what makes it scream plus the stall and 3:73 gears what a nice set up about 700 at the flywheel and what I like no no2 all motor I like it on tap all the time very nice car! BTW the carb ls2 is 440 hp something to say about the carb.
    Last edited by Texas Jack; 01-25-2009 at 04:54 PM.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Well, while waiting for the stiffy to come went to Napa and bought 5 qts of RP synromax for the tranny and a $7 hand pump that goes on a 1 gallon jug. Jacked up the passenger side and took out the reverse switch with a 7/8 wench and it takes a 3/8 ratchet to remove the drain plug. Cleaned the 1 gallon jug and put 4 quarts of the RP in and pumped it in, added the last qt and pumped the rest in 4.6 qts in all. Already did the rear with the RP 75-140. Took it for a ride and was very happy, the shifter was slick as hell and very quiet, made my day the difference was very noticeable, but the best thing was it only was a 45 min Job --- that $7 hand pump took all the work out of it, now need to take a little trip and see if the gas miliage is any different.
    Last edited by Texas Jack; 01-29-2009 at 06:17 PM.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I use RP in my diff from time to time...got a bunch of RedLine 75-140 for testing from a RedLine guy here so I have that in there right now...then I'll send it off to the lab...but RP gear stuff is excellent.....

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

I was very impressed.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Btw I understand Redline is very good stuff also, looked at them and amsoil, all good.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Ok, I got the stiffy in Friday evening so I started to look at it on Saturday morning. Took the battery out and the passenger tire off. Mounted the plate to the head first, don't know about the 04 but the 06 has a bolt holding a harness on the top bolt, took it out and removed the catch can, after some checking bolted the plate up, no problem put everything back on the front plate on the passenger head. Now on to the fender side of the install, put the brackets together as per the instructions, loose, would not fit because of the ABS bracket and the battery tray, pulled the battery tray out and tryed again, no go. So after some thoughts brought out the grinder, took a good bit out of the forward bracket on the top side so it would clear the ABS bracket and put the battery tray back and did a test fit, the battery bracket was in the way and the work on the top side was still hitting the ABS bracket---so back out and some more trimming on the top side of the bracket to clear the ABS bracket, got it right, it fit in the seam but the battery tray was still in the way. Now i trimmed the bottom of the bracket at the battery tray and the battery tray also, finally it fit between the two!!!!!! So I said I have one shot to get it in the seam right. Took the brackets that went on the fender side and bolted front and inside fender together and tighting the two bolts that went to the inside of the car under the hood, after that took the fender side bracket off, put the inside bracket up to the fender and after I was happy marked the hole to drill, drank a beer and drilled a pilot hole put the bracket back up on the fender to make sure it was centered and it was drilled the 3/8 and put the bolt in lined every thing up and tighting the bolt up. From the inside of the wheel housing drilled two more pilot holes and they lined up perfect what a relief so drilled the 3/8 and bolted it up after every thing was right took it out and painted everything flat black and reassembled and like Sarge said stout as hell the rest is history just put the stiffy in there and adjust. What a difference one of the best mods I have done between the drag bags and the stiffy no more wheel hop and can launch the M-6 like a mo fo. Long but it is not a bolt in for the 06. Regards, Jack

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Outstanding! The more I drive the black bitch with the stiffy the more I wish I had done this mod #1.
    Last edited by Sarge; 02-04-2009 at 04:00 AM.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Tex.....I hate to ask but mebbe you can give some rough dimensions on what you had to do to the bracket and the batt tray....this is what you call hot rodding right here...fucking credit card hot rodders will be lost

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

I just ordered mine

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Hey Sarge, I will be glad to do that , it will be later this afternoon before I will be back home, thanks brother.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

That's how it's done in the real world right there.....buy the stuff then hit it with a grinder 'til it fits. Good job.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Nice,I got my plasma cutter ready to cut some shit up,ill post up some pics when I do mine and measurements

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

First of all Sarge, Orion, and qwkgto--- thank you all for the kind words, made my day so on to the changes. The back bracket that went under the ABS bracket had to be ground about 3/8 to 7/16 in a curve style to clear the ABS bracket, the front bracket was ground about 3/8 on the bottom with a 45 degree angle to finish it off. The battery tray where the bolt head was located was smoothed off to clear the bolt about 1/4. Now here's one of the main keys after you get the bracket started with the front fender bolt and that is to make sure the bolt head flat is parallel with the battery tray, next under the wheel well put the other two bolts in head first-- this is because the nuts are smaller [15mm] and you need the clearance behind the ABS bracket and it is easier to get a socket in there, tighten every thing up and install the stiffy and adjust.

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

pics? pleaaasssse

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Man, I will be straight up with you I feel so dumb, don't know how to do that, sorry.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jack View Post
    Man, I will be straight up with you I feel so dumb, don't know how to do that, sorry.
    that's why you ask.

here's a write up I did for COTM on opening a photobucket account and sending pics in PM's. Same principle for threads.
    how to open a photobucket account and link to PM's...with pics

here's another one on resizing pics
    how to resize pics

let me know if you need any other help with it or it explained better

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 03-24-2014, 11:00 AM
  2. 04-26-2012, 03:16 PM
  3. AAS
    Refback This thread
    04-26-2012, 02:43 PM

Thread Information